Panasonic Avionics Corporation Reviews

Reset
3.6
Panasonic Avionics Corporation CEO Paul Margis
Paul Margis

Pros
  • Nice work environment, well organized employee activities, steady busyness growth (in 8 reviews)

• Good benefits and support employee wellness (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management is almost born in this company so they don't have much real world of management experience (in 9 reviews)

• Incompetent management with no respect for employees (in 5 reviews)

1. Maintenance Control Specialist

Current Employee - Maintenance Control Specialist in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Control Specialist in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, you get bonus every yr as some of us might think it not much. But look around when do you know or heard any other company give out bonus yearly.

Cons

every company will have their weakness and strongest

2. Product Engineer

I worked at Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Pros

Quiet and peaceful environment. Nice and safe location. It has a park next to it.

Cons

Nobody takes full responsibility for projects. Very slow and frustrating communication culture between teams.

program manager

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time

Pros

Flexible hrs, great office environment, the opportunity to learn both software and hardware development.

Cons

Responsible for software and hardware deliveries from the start with minimal guidance, or training from supervisors. Extremely High turnover in the program management department

Advice to Management

Please focus on training and developing current PMs. High turnover rate hurts customer relationships.

test engineer

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

stable environment and good benefits

Cons

moving internally is pretty hard

6. Field Engineer

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture gym discounts and phone bill discounts , vacations are not too bad

Cons

raises are very low they need to improve and actually reward the hardworking people

Advice to Management

hire better more qualified people , stop hiring people under qualified with no degree

Unique company led by weak Executive team

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A very unique position in the marketplace with little competition. Work is extremely fun, but challenging at times. Most managers have worked their way up through the company, which is good since managers understand the work their employees are doing.

Cons

When I joined a company as large as Panasonic, I had some high expectations about the corporate culture and tools available to me. Unfortunately, hot-button issues are tracked in endless email threads instead of tickets or bug-trackers, parts management is using an archaic platform, and internal documentation is sparse...often relying on tribal knowledge. The internal corporate mentality is heavily focused on revenue and sales, which sadly shows at the Executive level. Executives are downright fearful of customers (airlines) such that they blindly wield their power to appease the most random (and unreasonable) customer demands in the name of revenue.

Advice to Management

Invest replacing outdated tools with scalable infrastructure such as Salesforce, Agile, and Bugzilla. Discourage tribal knowledge and encourage collaboration and knowledge transfer through Wikis. Restructure and retrain the management/executive level to champion reason and continuous internal process improvement that will scale the company.

Good but hopefully not becoming gone in 10 years

Pros

Work life balance depends upon your manager's level of maturity & experience. Great place to learn all the ins & outs of an avionics related business & technology.

Cons

Old timers in management not open to new ideas, work methodologies or cultural practices. There are some very talented people in the organization who are blocked in career advancement because the old management simply does not make way for them or are just dis-connected with reality. Very common to see low performing people in management trying to manage high performing employees - this just doesn't work well.

Advice to Management

Stop living in the past. Get some young talented blood into the organization at higher management levels even if that means that some old timers who are stuck in 1964 have to go. If we don't change with time, we become obsolete. Retention of very talented young people is hard at the company as the company culture, technology & career paths are not favorable to them.

9. Great People

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Pros

Great Team and Great people, really open minded.

Cons

none so far that I've been here

10. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lake Forest, CA

Pros

+ Good company culture, I think we have fair managers in SWE, they are mostly in touch with the deadlines and realize when something is not fair. It helps they were formerly programmers too. + Quiet office layout, might be a con for some but I like my peace and quiet and the high cube walls help + Dominant in market share, there's always work and the company seems very stable so you never hear any murmurs about layoffs, turnover seems very low

Cons

- Traditional big corp company, if you are older and more experienced this may be just what you are looking for. - Politics, mostly between departments, I think this is every company though but I couldn't say as this is my first job out of college.

Advice to Management

Honestly I think management is doing a good job. This is a big company now so you can't expect the culture of a smaller company but I think either a basketball court or some kind of rec room would be great for morale.

11. Great company to stay at long term.

I worked at Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Pros

Each department has it's own temperament. Find the right one, and it can be a home for a life time. Really fantastic and smart people work here.

Cons

Can be on call 24/7 depending on the manager. Beware the corporate phone they give you. Given the international nature of the company, it can ring literally any time day or night.

Advice to Management

Focus on expanding your training and development program. A company of thousands needs more than one trainer. Everyone should have a development plan.

RSS Feed </> Embed