Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Reset
3.7
Panasonic Avionics Corporation CEO Paul Margis
Paul Margis

Pros
  • Nice work environment, well organized employee activities, steady busyness growth (in 8 reviews)

• Good benefits and support employee wellness (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management is almost born in this company so they don't have much real world of management experience (in 9 reviews)

• Incompetent management with no respect for employees (in 5 reviews)

1. Maintenance Control Specialist

Current Employee - Maintenance Control Specialist in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Control Specialist in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, you get bonus every yr as some of us might think it not much. But look around when do you know or heard any other company give out bonus yearly.

Cons

every company will have their weakness and strongest

program manager

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time

Pros

Flexible hrs, great office environment, the opportunity to learn both software and hardware development.

Cons

Responsible for software and hardware deliveries from the start with minimal guidance, or training from supervisors.

Extremely High turnover in the program management department

Advice to Management

Please focus on training and developing current PMs. High turnover rate hurts customer relationships.

3. Great People

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Pros

Great Team and Great people, really open minded.

Cons

none so far that I've been here

5. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Good company culture, I think we have fair managers in SWE, they are mostly in touch with the deadlines and realize when something is not fair. It helps they were formerly programmers too.
    + Quiet office layout, might be a con for some but I like my peace and quiet and the high cube walls help
    + Dominant in market share, there's always work and the company seems very stable so you never hear any murmurs about layoffs, turnover seems very low

Cons

- Traditional big corp company, if you are older and more experienced this may be just what you are looking for.
    - Politics, mostly between departments, I think this is every company though but I couldn't say as this is my first job out of college.

Advice to Management

Honestly I think management is doing a good job. This is a big company now so you can't expect the culture of a smaller company but I think either a basketball court or some kind of rec room would be great for morale.

6. Great company to stay at long term.

I worked at Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Pros

Each department has it's own temperament. Find the right one, and it can be a home for a life time. Really fantastic and smart people work here.

Cons

Can be on call 24/7 depending on the manager. Beware the corporate phone they give you. Given the international nature of the company, it can ring literally any time day or night.

Advice to Management

Focus on expanding your training and development program. A company of thousands needs more than one trainer. Everyone should have a development plan.

7. Assembler II

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time

Pros

Great benefits
    Overtime is guaranteed, at this point
    Work is the same, over and over
    Not very much micromanaging
    If need be, you are allowed to care for your family without argument

Cons

If you are a temporary employee, management expects you to stay overtime everyday.
    A very large feeling of "us vs them" is you are not of the culture of 80% of the veteran employees
    Many employees do not share information causing you to have to learn on the fly

Advice to Management

There is much animosity within caused by issues unknown with old managers and supervisors.

8. Hard to motivate the culture with new ideas

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Pros

The people that have an interest in improving the culture of the company are great to work with, however, they are so few of them.

Cons

The culture is resistant to changing and prefers to continue with its own way of doing things.

Advice to Management

Don't allow your team to feel unappreciated, recognized your team hard work, don't let it go unnoticed.

9. PAC Life

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time

Pros

Extremely great people who get the job done.

Cons

Getting headcount can be a huge hill to climb.

10. Operations

Current Employee - Operations in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Operations in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic opportunities for forward thinking Engineers or seasoned operations professionals. As always software specialists always in demand. Employees seem to be engaged and most are challenged if capable. I often wonder if those so busy complaining wouldn't be better off going somewhere else but then again they would just complain about something there.
    The technology is exciting and moving from IFE to other advanced communications technology is fantastic.

Cons

Internal communications could be better and the quarterly mass meetings just don't hit the mark; often the vice-presidents seem as if they would rather be doing something else but it is good to hear from the CEO whenever he can make it..
    Marketing continues to over-commit and the resulting huge projects go under-manned and under-financed.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and now and then reflect back on the business principles set forth by K Matsushita. Don't forget your roots, it will keep you grounded

11. I am currently working for PAC

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Company to work with

Cons

Sometimes long hours. At lower-level consulting roles, the work is not always as interesting as it is for more senior members of the team.

Advice to Management

Nothing

RSS Feed </> Embed