Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Updated September 11, 2014
3.5

Panasonic Avionics Corporation CEO Paul Margis
Paul Margis

Pros
  • Clean work environment, always something new to learn (in 7 reviews)

• Growing company, market leader, leading technology (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • HR and upper management all in California, so local management is not kept in check (in 8 reviews)

• long hours and coordination between departments can be difficult (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Innovative culture with a promising future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

PAC is the leader among Panasonic subsidiaries and the leader by a landslide in its industry, and the management/employees take a lot of pride in its success. The company is growing every year, both locally and globally. The technology in production is new and exciting. Employees are intelligent, experienced professionals, and hard workers, but not overworked. Overall compensation is above competitive rates.

Cons

Headquarters are not in a major tech city, there tends to be a disconnect between business support and engineering, no structured culture or events that unites all employees.

Build channels to universities/associations to attract talented engineers - PAC is unheard of in its own geographical community. I don't think PAC does enough B2C marketing necessary to sustain competition with other technology companies for top candidates.

Survives in spite of itself

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation for more than 10 years

Pros

Stable company. Moves in the right direction with regard to IFE, and has the infra-structure to keep its customers happy.

Cons

Lot of bloat management. While moving in the right direction, it is not at breakneck speeds. Filled with processes (too many?).that do bog down the flow of a project.

Remove the silo mentality. There is a lot of "not my problem" mentality that exists.

Very dysfunctional company!!

Former Employee - Contracts Manager  in  Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very interesting industry to work in.

Cons

Too much gossip and back stabbing in the company. Panasonic always seems to be playing "catch-up" with their technology instead of leading the way. They will work you as much as they can and never say thanks. They expect you to work at home after work having conference calls with customers starting at late night hours.

Stop being so cheap when it comes to travel for your contract managers! It is not easy flying for 16-17 hours in economy and then hit the ground ready to work! Also, treat your employees like adults and concentrate your contracts department in Lake Forest instead of having it split between 2 cities 1,000 miles apart.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that cares about its clients and its employees

Former Employee - Tech Support Specialist I  in  Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Tech Support Specialist I in Bothell, WA

I worked at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Based on the way upper management treated me and the opportunities that were available to me, I always felt like I mattered to the company as a whole.

Cons

While I was there, PAC had an odd mix of being in the business of selling cutting edge technology, while still running their own company using outdated technology. This often resulted in a lower level of efficiency than they could have had with newer, more robust systems.

It's been a few years since I was there, but my biggest advice would be to invest in a barcode inventory/task tracking system.

Technology leader where thinking out of the box is encouraged

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Providing solutions to the customer is priority one; first rate technologists and coworkers; leadership in innovation for in-flight and global communication systems superior. Much to be learned from your co-workers.

Cons

Be prepared to work long and hard hours--that is the culture. You can get ahead if you are outstanding in your field and have not made the mistake of crossing a member of upper management.

As we become larger as an organization, don't forget our roots in avionics or the guidance provided by Konosuke Matsushia. You are getting a little top heavy and bureaucratic- this will not ensure your continued and future success.

Review In a Nutshell

Current Employee - Support  in  Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Support in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overview: Growing and profitable Panasonic division
    Perks: Heath care plan is second to none.

Cons

Massive growth means massive workload. If you have skill, be prepared to be dumped on. Workloads are not balanced throughout the departments very well. I attribute this to a very poor onboarding and training program. New employees are often left to their own devices by their management team.

Departments are still operating in silos. (aka: not communicating with other departments very well). Department heads are often removed from the front lines. Communication efforts need to happen at the mid mgmt. level.

Opportunity with endless learning possibilities

Current Employee - NOC Satellite Operations Administrative I  in  Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - NOC Satellite Operations Administrative I in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are always learning and growing within the company.

Cons

It is very hard to get employed.

Communicate with the staff. The technical people know best.

Good Place to Cut Your Teeth in The Aviation Workplace

Former Employee - Maintenance Services Representative (MSR)  in  Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Maintenance Services Representative (MSR) in Newark, NJ

I worked at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy to get a job when your a daisy fresh A&P (airframe and powerplant mechanic on airplanes), Good people willing to offer OJT to help you learn, Exciting work environment (you get to work on several different airlines aircraft) One of the largest players in the IFE game.

Cons

Company is very cheap (they don't like to buy essential tools to get the job done like laptops, even though they manufacture some of the best laptops around (toughbooks), Promotions are hard to come by, unless you are a favorite, You will do the same job over and over with little new tasks added

Reward the hard workers at the bottom with a chance to prove they can move up!

No room for advancment

Former Employee - Quality Inspector  in  Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Quality Inspector in Bothell, WA

I worked at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clean work environment, always something new to learn

Cons

No room for advancement. Bosses extremely complacent

market leader for IFEC industry.

I worked at Panasonic Avionics Corporation full-time

Pros

Panasonic is an industry lead in IFEC which is also a growing industry. Good to be in growing industry.

Cons

Incompetent management. New product development often delay due to poor planning and execution.

Worked for Panasonic Avionics Corporation? Contribute to the Community!