Panasonic

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Panasonic Chairman and CEO Joseph M. (Joe) Taylor

Joseph M. (Joe) Taylor

50 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A safe company with little room to grow

Manager Web Services (Current Employee)
    Secaucus, NJ

Pros- Great office environment (since 2013)
    - Great employee discounts

Cons- Global HQ has given up in NA market
    - Leadership is complacent and stagnant

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in market research, and value the consumer opinion to drive product innovation

If you commute by train and use the walkway, bring your mace.

Area Sales Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsGood Benefits. The total package is very good

ConsEnvironment. When Joe Taylor said "He would never put people in harm's way" at a town hall meeting It appears thet was not true. He also said "Newark is safer than New York city". Sorry both cases are not true. As to the first the new facility is next door to a Methadone Clinic in the Joe Pepe building next door. AND last week a female employee was accosted on the linkway connecting the building with NJ Penn Station. And as to the second point, IF you research crime stats you will find that Newark is MUCH more dangerous than New York City in just about every category of crime. The bottom line is that Secaucus was FAR SAFER than the new location. Penn Station is a den of homeless and beggars as well. Thanks for "placing us in harm's way afterall.

Advice to Senior ManagementPetition the mayor of Newark to provide ample security for your employees.

It was OK

Co-Op (Former Employee)
    Secaucus, NJ

ProsVery laid back, loved the rejuvenation room and the cafe is HUGE! Easy commute and free parking.Comp good - I was getting paid very well as a co-op.

ConsSeemed like a dead end type of job I worked in the warranty department and every one there seemed to be a lifer. had an awkward encounter with an employee there who was too over bearing.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Day to Day Nothing Too Exciting

Human Resources Generalist Intern (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsI was only an intern here the summer. However, I must say that it is a very friendly atmosphere with employees who are very willing to assist you if you need it. The new open floor layout gives a view of Newark that is mesmerizing. They do offer flexibility with working at home, so they are making an attempt to take work-life balance into account.

ConsBeing an intern I was asked to do a lot of tasks but the tasks they I was giving I couldn't complete. I was never granted access needed in the HRIS to complete the required tasks. I felt I had to constantly bother other HR members so I could gain access using their user name and passwords

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to take a chance and hire some of the interns you bring in. You are lacking new and fresh ideas, the kind that young blood could bring in.

Slow Dinosaur Plagued with Bureaucracy

Senior Product Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsLow Bar for Good Performance, Great People, Beautiful New Building, Modestly Priced Cafeteria (Food is good too), Easy commute into Newark by Train

ConsSlow Moving, Lots of Red Tape, Poor Management Decision Making, Doesn't Seem to Believe in Merit Raises, Company is Hemorrhaging Money.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people more, pay them appropriately when they're performing well, and be more open to progressive ideas.

Coop

User Experience Department Coop (Current Employee)
    Secaucus, NJ

ProsNice community and inter-departmental work in the engineering section.

ConsWindowless offices make it depressing to work in. Not very clear about what my responsibilities were.

A horrible place to work

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Secaucus, NJ

ProsAbsolutely none, zero, zilch, nada

ConsSilos. Infighting. Vendettas. Treated like a pawn in a twisted game.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek professional help.

Good culture. Decent pay. Challenging work

Technical Knowledge Specialist I (Current Employee)
    Secaucus, NJ

ProsFriendly managers. Provides a lot of free training

ConsStagnant career growth. Not a lot of room to get promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementGive bonuses to your employees

Tough times for a former industry leader

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsColleagues were great, but rarely given a chance to utilize their talents. Many of the talented people are jumping ship for competitors.

ConsLack of focus, no clear direction, no raises in years, no regard for work-life balance, empty promises for improvement, completely disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with the respect they deserve. Don't be so reactive all the time. Create an environment that makes people proud to work for you.

fast-paced organization with opportunity to learn outside a given role

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Secaucus, NJ

Prosgood career opportunity from an experience stand point, specially in the product management role because you are exposed to a lot of disciplines within the business role

Consnot so much cons but the company needs to have more of a career path for employees

Advice to Senior Managementto work on developing a path for the young employees that are loyal to Panasonic

Worked for Panasonic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panasonic reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Panasonic CEO Joseph M. (Joe) Taylor. All 50 reviews posted anonymously by Panasonic employees.