Pancreatic Cancer Action Network

Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Reviews

3.4

Julie Fleshman

Great HQ staff and volunteers

I have been working at Pancreatic Cancer Action Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Staff is very warm and friendly, and incredibly knowledgable. The organization is continually growing, and has lots of room for advancement in the LA main office. There is a lot of opportunity for collaboration between departments, which means lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth/development.

Good vacation time (3.5 weeks to start), adequate health insurance. Assuming they meet their annual goals, employees are given bonuses at the end of the fiscal year.

Cons

Meetings! There are weekly meetings for absolutely everything - meaning you spend more time discussing what you are going to do rather than just doing it. I am generally in meetings for 2-3 hours each day.

The DC satellite office has is virtually no room for advancement. Everyone has been there for several years without any promotion. This is markedly different from the main office, where there is constant growth and upward mobility in every department.

Great place to work. Rewarding. Being around cancer everyday was not easy.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at Pancreatic Cancer Action Network

Pros

- Employee culture
    - Extracurricular activities offered to employees
    - Fundraising for the cause
    - Working with volunteers
    - Open door policy

Cons

- Being around cancer 5 days a week 8+ hours per day
    - Volunteers can be difficult to work with
    - Long hours and limited resources

A very disappointing experience

I have been working at Pancreatic Cancer Action Network

Pros

This company had the best benefits of any company I've ever worked for. The compensation was fair for the work.

Cons

Too many inconsistencies. Extremely catty. I was brought in to the conference room to be reprehended for my attire. One dress was too short (although my supervisor didn't know which one it was because somebody else told her), one skirt was too casual (a shirt worn over a month prior to this conversation). What really got me was there was a life size poster of the organization's president in her high school cheerleader outfit hanging on the wall in that same room!! Talk about inconsistent!

Be more genuine and less "one minute manager." The employees truly care about their work.