Panda Express

Panda Express Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Panda Express Founder, Chairman & Co-CEO Andrew Cherng

Andrew Cherng

Pros:
  • "Also, you get a raise every 6 months and free food while you're working"
    in 42 reviews
  • "Good pay, relationships with coworkers are great"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Hard to have Work-Life Balance as they keep you extended too thin"
    in 18 reviews
  • "long hours, customer pressure, food industry is difficult in general"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great first Job

Lead Counter (Current Employee)

ProsAwesome starting pay, flexible scheduling (with the understandable managers), benefits

ConsFood industry customer service freaking SUCKS. You will have to deal with unfriendly people with the most ridiculous complaints and requests. People don't understand they are not a mom-and-pop chinese food place. They are americanized fast food.

Pleasant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture of the company is very positive

ConsLong process for permanent position

Awfull

Front of House Worker (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsFree food. . . . . .

ConsWorst place I ever worked, I was written up for having my spoon upside down ACCIDENTLY because how you place the damn spoon in the bowl it ends up rolling. I quit after three weeks because of that and my manager did not hands on train me at all she just left it to her minions. If you didn't do good to her standards she refused to talk to you that day. They also would promise benafits that no one I worked with ever got. They only point out bad things that happen and never praise you for the good.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people more time to learn and cope in this fast paced environment.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good memory

ProsFlexible working time, good wiring environment and nice and friendly fellows.

ConsSometime the workload is heavy.

C+

Counter Help (Former Employee)
    Chula Vista, CA

Prosgood starting pay
    flexible scheduling
    sufficient training

ConsVery tiring work
    A lot of cleaning
    arrogant manager
    hours are long
    feels like forever until you go home

alright for a first time job

Counter Help (Current Employee)

Prosbonuses, flexible schedule if you're a student, start higher than minimum wage, caring, free employee meal and you actually learn a lot, able to move up

Consdealing with angry costumers, false promises by management, management can be lazy sometimes, raises are very minimal, sometimes people are taken advantage of , management picks favorites and they only care for each other and not so much for the counter help

Advice to Senior Managementif you are management please consider your job to be serious business, therefore take the responsibility and hard work that is needed to make your associates succeed, and when your associates work very hard and do their best you should recognize their hard work

Started off great, management has slacked and store is deteriorating.

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Arlington, TX

ProsFun co-workers! Fun environment. Has it's perks at times but mostly cons.

ConsNo help during rush hours, manager never orders items, and the higher your position the lazier people are.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe starting pay is initially good, however once a year has passed please consider a raise of more than 20 cents. Check up on your stores more often and check the condition of the stores and not just employees. Make sure managers are trained right and not just utilize the lower paid employees to do everything for them.

Not a terrible place to work, but not the best.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsStarting wage is generally over minimum wage. 40+ hour weeks are possible. Free meals for lunch. Great learning opportunities.

ConsWhile the pay is nice, the job itself is not worth it. I take my job very seriously, and do everything in my power to do my best to treat customers well. I have had numerous customer complaints about coworkers and even the managers being rude. The people who work there just don't care about the guests they serve or the food. If you speak spanish, you will be treated better than other employees. Pay periods are two weeks, and unless you get 40+ hours in those two weeks, you won't be seeing overtime pay. They will add the two weeks worth of hours together and only pay you overtime for anything over 80 (Washington state law is anything over 40 for this line of work). Food is never cooked properly, and management refuses to discipline those involved. Unless you have a very thick skin, I would not ever suggest working there. It's a very negative place to work. I'm also still waiting on my last check, but no one in the company seems to know where it has gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the unfair treatment based on race. Discipline as needed. Pay the correct overtime wages. Educate your employees in proper cooking techniques and customer service.

It was a very eye opening and helpful experience and it taught me a lot about customer values

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsThey are really flexible with your schedule and they value the fact that school comes first.

ConsSometimes the employers expect too much from you, and sometimes they treat some employees better than others.

Tough working environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Rosemead, CA

ProsYou get free lunches, personal growth seminars, nice compensation package, and coworkers are supportive.

ConsNo personal life you work weekends if you need to in order to complete projects. 50+ hours are common. There are some weekends events that you are "encouraged" to attend. Tough to get an A. There is always room for improvement even if you've accomplished and exceeded goals it's just acceptable.

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panda Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Panda Express CEO Andrew Cherng. All 258 reviews posted anonymously by Panda Express employees.