Panda Express

www.pandaexpress.com

Panda Express Reviews in Palo Alto, CA

Panda Express Founder, Chairman & Co-CEO Andrew Cherng

Andrew Cherng

Pros
  • Also, you get a raise every 6 months and free food while you're working(in 46 reviews)

• Good pay, relationships with coworkers are great(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to have Work-Life Balance as they keep you extended too thin(in 19 reviews)

• long hours, customer pressure, food industry is difficult in general(in 14 reviews)

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Currently experiencing a mass exodus of employees, including management

General Manager (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsManagement is allowed to get a lot of overtime, though 68-70 hrs per week is taxing on a person.

ConsSince I started working for Panda as an Assistant Manager in December 2012, the company made some drastic changes. One of the worst was when they cut the number of people allowed per shift, which made our job much more difficult when someone called in or just didn't show up.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is for ACOs, RDOs, ZVPs, and higher: actually listen to your leaders below you. Hear what they have to say about what is not working instead of intimidating them to the point where they feel they are not good enough at their job if your ideas don't work. I'm the first to admit that many of the young people these days lack a solid work ethic, but for what you demand of them and for the pay, you will not get anyone to stay long with the company. That is why there is a mass exodus from your com[any. When even management walks out the door without notice, you should consider that maybe it's not just that you hired the "wrong people" for the job. You can't expect associates to work so hard, on their feet, going at 110% all day long, with a smile on their face, and pay them less than equivalent jobs with other companies. Case in point, I almost completed my General Manager training and was paid $16 per hour, plus bonus which were claimed to be 10s of thousands per year, but were only a couple thousand per year. All this while living in San Jose & driving 30+ min to work every day. At similar restaurants, because I checked, my base pay would be $32-$48 per hour plus bonuses. I have even found less stressful jobs of entry level administrative assistant for many local companies starting at $20 an hour, which do not require you to work 68-70 hrs per week with only one day off and often getting called in on that day because someone didn't show up. If drastic changes are not made, this company will not last much longer, no matter how many new stores you open.

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!