Panda Express

Panda Express Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Panda Express Founder, Chairman & Co-CEO Andrew Cherng

Andrew Cherng

Pros
  • Also, you get a raise every 6 months and free food while you're working(in 46 reviews)

• Good pay, relationships with coworkers are great(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to have Work-Life Balance as they keep you extended too thin(in 19 reviews)

• long hours, customer pressure, food industry is difficult in general(in 14 reviews)

Pleasant

Legal (Current Employee) Rosemead, CA

Prosgreat team work and collaberation from peers.

Conscompensation, politics, cliques, some of technology are outdated

Only OK, Depends on Department

IT Department (Current Employee) Rosemead, CA

ProsThe employees in general, the low level staff, somewhat competitive pay and benefits. Growing company with lots of potential.

ConsA bit cult-ish, lots of classes and personal development required, some have to pay yourself. A lot of the old school middle management need lessons on being more human. Their personalities are outdated.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to retrain the old original middle management. Follow popular current business book teachings and take lessons from current great companies.

ok

General Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosfamily oriented and misson and values

Consalways talks abt intensity, workabilty, integrity

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management is terrible

Lead Counter (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsOpportunities for growth, little raises

Consmanagement is unorganized, young managers with little experience, management gets your hopes up for promotions but never follows through

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE be more organized.

Horrible

Server (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe customers were my favorite part of working at Panda Express. They were all so warm and friendly, and I was pleased with serving them.

ConsThe coworkers at this specific Panda Express were horrible. There was no sense of organization and three different employees were in charge of training, and they all had conflicting opinions of doing things. If one employee trained me to stack the cartons in a specific order, another employee would disagree and tell me it was wrong. It was back and forth and very redundant. The entire job itself was exhausting simply for that matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach employees one way of doing things, and make that the uniform way of going about procedure. It gets very confusing when the entire serving staff is telling you to do things in different ways.

If your a workaholic ready to sacrifice social life for a decent mediocre salary, its a perfect match.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Manassas, VA

Prosplenty of hours available
    free food on break
    decent uniform
    bonuses whenever the store does well

Consweekly schedule always out last minute
    schedule always changing
    all day shifts
    strict policies
    high expectations
    back breaking work
    underpaid
    hard to grow within the company

Advice to Senior Managementover the last 5 months I have grown to hate the word VIOLATION! ease up a bit!!

Their compensation and expectations do not align.

Front of House (Current Employee) Northridge, CA

Prosmanagement and co workers were very welcome!

Consthey did not allow an individual to just stay there for even a minute. you had to always to cleaning.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't expect too much from empoyees

Work life balance is skewed

IT Guy (Former Employee) Rosemead, CA

ProsI left last year... salary was below average for the market, but I knew that going in. Friendly people, employees get 20% discount and there's a decent gym at HQ. Learned a bunch of new things. They run very lean here and love their contractors.. good thing is you'll be given so much to do and will learn a lot.

I wonder if the ramp still squeaks going into epaws.

ConsYou're going to burn out quick and if you ever want to be hired full-time, you must go through self-help courses and give up several Saturdays a year for pseudo fairy self-help classes. Kiss your free-time good-bye and God help you if you aren't Asian here. Panda went balls-deep into Landmark and you've got to plunk down several hundred per course to get hired or advance.

Easy friendly atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers are awesome and manager is often fairly laid-back.

ConsWork in small area simply behind the counter.

Great company with great benefits!

ProsGreat training with knowledgeable staff.

ConsWork-life balance is possibly in question.

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!