Panda Security Reviews

4.3
Diego Navarrete

1. Great Team

I have been working at Panda Security

Pros

Great people to work with a real team atmosphere and you can make a career out of Panda in the sales division.

Cons

Company is internationally owned and the headquarters in Spain is constantly changing business plans in the sales department

2. Company has potential but needs improvement

I worked at Panda Security full-time

Pros

Potential to make decent money. The products and solutions that are sold have potential to be of value to customers if they are supported correctly.

Cons

Very unorganized in their sales strategy and this directly hurts the sales employees. As soon as an employee reaches a point of success in their territory, management makes changes that will set back their earning potential. Also, it's a very stressful environment due to unfair practices by management and the incredible pressure to perform under such conditions. Since the management is out of Spain, they do not adhere to the level of customer service and courtesy that employees are used to in other US based companies or other foreign companies that are more established. Many employees end up with health issues and on medication in order to fulfill their duties. Also, they do not have the appropriate level of support for the solutions that are sold, therfore this hinders the ability to sell to new clients and to maintain existing clients. For these reasons there have been times where there has been a mass exodus of employees.

Advice to Management

The first focus should be on making employees happy, a happy employee is a successful and loyal employee. The next focus should be on the making corporate clients happy and on long term success. Quick fixes that return an immediate profit but will hurt the employees and customers in the long run will hurt the reputation and success of the company as well. This will continue to be a sinking ship if no changes are made.

3. Decent Company - Needed Better Marketing

I worked at Panda Security

Pros

Company was ok, decent technology, but nothing that was really comparable to the big companies

Cons

Needed better marketing, better positioning, better value propositions

Advice to Management

None anymore

5. Positive

Current Employee - Controller in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Controller in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Panda Security

Pros

Team work environment, supports from top management, offer continuing education, competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

Long working hours. Parkings are hard to find

Advice to Management

Foster open communication channels, improve customer services department

6. Rewarding global atmosphere

I have been working at Panda Security full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You actually notice the world is a small village now as you're often in touch with colleagues from around the world. Internal advancement is possible based on merit. Depending on the function there are regular trainings in Bilbao and Madrid where you can meet all the people you're in contact with through mail and phone.

Cons

The internal structure is not easy to understand as there is both a horizontal and vertical hierarchy which also crosses borders, it takes some time to get used to this. If you have trouble dealing with different (business)-cultures, you're going to get very frustrated very quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue improving the clarity in the structure and increase the internal top-down communication.

7. Retail product manager, channel marketing manager, marketing and sales process manager

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Solna, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Solna, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at Panda Security full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The management listens to my ideas and encourage me to make a good job by knowledgeable bosses and reachable but difficult targets. To visit HQ in Spain is always good, the Madrid area as well as Bilbao are beautiful places and the colleagues are fun to be around.

Cons

All colleagues at marketing have great English skills. Some of the technical staff should sometimes have a better English level (or a better translator/dictionary).

Advice to Management

Listen to the customers; they are always(?) right. Fix problems in the products ASAP to keep customers happy.

8. Panda Security gives great opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Panda Security full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working my way through the ranks at Panda Security UK to head of marketing they have given me the opportunity to develop my professional skill and apply them across the company

Cons

Office relocate has given me a bit of a commute but Panda offers flexible hours and remote working encouraging work commitment.

Advice to Management

Decide whether or not you are going to condone the use of the Panda "bear" logo on company branding and stick to it.

9. Panda Security - Forefront of Cloud Security

Current Employee - Sales Manager UK in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager UK in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Panda Security full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Panda Security for 7 years in the UK office. It's great to be part of a growing company (30% year on year) and a sales team with a work hard play hard mentality! The product is ever expanding with our focus on cloud technology for AV and RMM.

Cons

We're not the market leader with deep pockets for marketing, but that's exciting as we're growing so quickly and ensure our support and customer retention is second to none.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase our product portfolio.

10. Great company with international projection

Current Employee - Vice President Consumer Sales and Marketing in Bilbao (Spain)

I have been working at Panda Security full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

International culture, cutting edge technology, worldwide leader

Cons

headquarters in small city in the north of spain

Advice to Management

Move headquarters to the US

A Ship Drifting to the Rocks

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Panda Security

Pros

- An opportunity to work with several different types of security technologies (software, hosted services, appliances). - Core technology concept is sound but requires refinement.

Cons

- Management by intimidation and threats. - Unclear objectives and market strategy. - A weakening base of knowledge and skills. Growing emphasis on getting the quick sale rather than developing relationships. Relationship builders are leaving Panda and being replaced with quick fix artists. - Absence of accountability for addressing customer problems. - Intiativies are announced but rarely followed through with actual substance. - Customer base is disillusioned, the workforce is becoming dispirited and management has become resentful of employees and customers.

Advice to Management

Take off the blinders and deal with the situation honestly.

RSS Feed </> Embed