Panda Security Reviews

Reset
4.0
Diego Navarrete

1. Great Team

Pros

Great people to work with a real team atmosphere and you can make a career out of Panda in the sales division.

Cons

Company is internationally owned and the headquarters in Spain is constantly changing business plans in the sales department

2. Company has potential but needs improvement

I worked at Panda Security full-time

Pros

Potential to make decent money. The products and solutions that are sold have potential to be of value to customers if they are supported correctly.

Cons

Very unorganized in their sales strategy and this directly hurts the sales employees. As soon as an employee reaches a point of success in their territory, management makes changes that will set back their earning potential. Also, it's a very stressful environment due to unfair practices by management and the incredible pressure to perform under such conditions. Since the management is out of Spain, they do not adhere to the level of customer service and courtesy that employees are used to in other US based companies or other foreign companies that are more established. Many employees end up with health issues and on medication in order to fulfill their duties. Also, they do not have the appropriate level of support for the solutions that are sold, therfore this hinders the ability to sell to new clients and to maintain existing clients. For these reasons there have been times where there has been a mass exodus of employees.

Advice to Management

The first focus should be on making employees happy, a happy employee is a successful and loyal employee. The next focus should be on the making corporate clients happy and on long term success. Quick fixes that return an immediate profit but will hurt the employees and customers in the long run will hurt the reputation and success of the company as well. This will continue to be a sinking ship if no changes are made.

3. Decent Company - Needed Better Marketing

Pros

Company was ok, decent technology, but nothing that was really comparable to the big companies

Cons

Needed better marketing, better positioning, better value propositions

Advice to Management

None anymore

5. Positive

Current Employee - Controller in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Controller in Glendale, CA

Pros

Team work environment, supports from top management, offer continuing education, competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

Long working hours. Parkings are hard to find

Advice to Management

Foster open communication channels, improve customer services department

6. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Panda Security full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This has been my longest job so far at nearly ten years. The team I work in have always been supportive of each other and have a great work ethic. We're realistic that we are there to support a range of products and our customers and don't expect to learn things way outside of our remit but we all try and keep abreast of new technology. Socially its a great company to work for with frequent office outings and events.

Cons

It would be nice to learn tech outside of our particular field, but we devote our time to the customers instead. Cons are that the office is so far away from home but thats geography and not a fault of the company.

Advice to Management

As a "Cloud" company, more homeworking where possible would be appreciated and staff may be more productive as less tired.

7. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - England in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - England in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Panda Security full-time

Pros

Serious business mixed with comfortable environment and a great bunch of people. Great opportunities for self development and one of the best places I've ever worked.very good products and service.

Cons

Official communication between international subsideries could be better. Some internal training could be lead better. Room for improvement for internal IT systems.

Advice to Management

A focus to make all the subsideries feel more collaborative and part of a single company would be a good way to unify the international workforce and teams. Sales can be competitive but customer service, retention and support should work closely together regardless of geographical location

8. Technical Pre-Sales

Current Employee - Technical Pre-Sales in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Pre-Sales in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Panda Security full-time

Pros

I enjoy working alongside a hard working and like minded group of people, I wouldn't call the people I work with colleagues as it's more like we're apart of the Panda family. Hard work and commitment is both noted and rewarded, and though run as a tight ship, it's not ruled with an iron fist. My role has come about from being apart of different teams over the years and naturally fell into it and enjoy it immensely. Everyday is different which makes it quite a diverse place to work. If you have the opportunity and are both keen and a team player it's the place for you.

Cons

Office can feel a bit dark de to the tinted windows, especially in the winter months.

Good Company too many flaws

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Panda Security full-time

Pros

Good environment to work in.

Cons

undoubtedly one of the worst companies I have ever had the misfortune of working for I worked at Panda Security in a technical capacity in a team who shall we say are set in their ways you opinion is not valued or welcomed management are rude and borderline abusive there is no training structure what so ever if you want to work for a place which is purely sales driven then it's probably the right job for you.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff they are your most valuable asset. don't treat your staff like small children.

10. Rewarding global atmosphere

I have been working at Panda Security full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You actually notice the world is a small village now as you're often in touch with colleagues from around the world. Internal advancement is possible based on merit. Depending on the function there are regular trainings in Bilbao and Madrid where you can meet all the people you're in contact with through mail and phone.

Cons

The internal structure is not easy to understand as there is both a horizontal and vertical hierarchy which also crosses borders, it takes some time to get used to this. If you have trouble dealing with different (business)-cultures, you're going to get very frustrated very quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue improving the clarity in the structure and increase the internal top-down communication.

11. Retail product manager, channel marketing manager, marketing and sales process manager

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Solna, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Solna, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at Panda Security full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The management listens to my ideas and encourage me to make a good job by knowledgeable bosses and reachable but difficult targets. To visit HQ in Spain is always good, the Madrid area as well as Bilbao are beautiful places and the colleagues are fun to be around.

Cons

All colleagues at marketing have great English skills. Some of the technical staff should sometimes have a better English level (or a better translator/dictionary).

Advice to Management

Listen to the customers; they are always(?) right. Fix problems in the products ASAP to keep customers happy.

RSS Feed </> Embed