Panduit
www.panduit.com Tinley Park, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Panduit Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014
Panduit – China – “NEW OFFICE”

Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros:
  • "The salary is competitive with the area and for me, it is close to home"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Flex time before it was so severely restricted and regulated"
    in 16 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper Management has destroyed the culture in every country"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Lack of communication, knee jerk reactionay management, poor work life balance"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The lady of the elevator is talking again... "Going down."

I have been working at Panduit

ProsClean office, free coffee, free parking, full company match to 3% and half match at 4 and 5% in your 401k, lots of nice people, still offer insurance, flex time is a very good benefit , and yes, it is far better to have a job ther than to have no job at all.

ConsLack of integrity by some managers, the company is trying to wring more and more productivity from the same people, lying and covering your own rear end are acceptable behaviors modeled by some managers, utter lack of respect by some managers for people on their own team, a toxic environment is some areas. In a word, the place is demoralizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seems to be a huge disconnect between the reporting lately that claims most large company's earnings are up, housing is coming back slowly, unemployment is down, 1st time jobless claims are down, the stock market is soaring, the worst of the bad economy is over, etc. Contrast this with Panduit Management that is closing another plant and laying off (euphemism for firing) many more people. There are still plenty of loafers you could have axed but the politics is over-the-top so some good folks got canned this time. Let's realize it is not the workers who are messing up the company, it is Management that is making mistakes. They seriously need to fire a few of their own. Next time you get on the elevator from any floor to descend to the main floor you will hear the lady of the elevator say "Going down" ... that is a pretty sobering and accurate statement of the current situation.

Failing company with good people and great intentions.

I have been working at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent resources. Nice office. Free parking. Has the ability to be a true global leader.

ConsThe company is failing. It rewards incompetence. Worst sales management I have ever seen. Stay away from this company unless you have a short term transition plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace sales leadership. Most of the problems start with a single resource.

Executive management not accountable for poor sales

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompensation plan is in line with industry

ConsCompany doesn't know how to invest in programs to drive sales. The answer to flat sales is to let go of the high performing employees to increase bottom line. Sales have been flat for the last two years. Management blames the sales force. The sales force is fighting competition with a butter knife. Field sales spends 2-3 days a week on adminstrative task rather than having time to sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementPanduit's competition is winning in the trenches. Dump HCS and worry less about you pipeline and let people sell. You are trying to make every sales person sell the same way rather than let each individual do what has made them successful in the first place. Lastly, some on the executive management team needs to be held responsible for poor sales.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Progressively getting worse

Lockport, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt was once a good place to work. Most workers are very friendly and helpful. It's clean and climate controlled.

ConsWhat was once a good place to work has turned into management hell. Production floor staff has been shaved to the bare minimum and told to do more with less. Mean while the hiring of six figure managers and HR staff is at an all time high. Continuous communication stating something and then nothing happens or the opposite is actually true.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are not dumb. Stop telling them how much you care about them and want to recognize them. This isn't true and your every decision and action proves this. It only makes them feel lied too and just makes you feel better about you. If it were true Panduit would finally make the big gesture and part with a few dollars of the hundreds of millions they've helped Panduit make. That is what would actually make them feel appreciated and recognized. Not a $25 gift card, not a raise that doesn't even keep up with inflation, and not an atmosphere of non-stop pressure and only hearing the negative.

Cross Panduit Off Your LIst of Potential Employers

Lower Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAfter 36 years of above average appraisals Upper Management decided that it was time for me to retire. Best thing that ever happened to me. Made me go out and get a real job!

ConsIf you aren't related or good friends to a Caveney family member you are destined to be mistreated. HR lies to everyone who isn't in upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the world a favor and get lost!

THE Place to Work - If You Have No Other Choice!

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Panduit full-time

ProsGood people trying to do the right thing. Respected brand name. Decent benefits.

ConsAbsolutely toxic environment with constant threat of termination. Horrible onboarding. Very odd environment of distrust of all employees resulting in numerous processes and procedures to accomplish the most simple task (one being exempt employees fill out a weekly timecard which is highly scrutinized). Sr. management treats all subordinates as if they are completely incompetent. If you think your ideas will be welcomed here, you are tragically mistaken. If you want to be heard, work somewhere else! If you just need a paycheck and can deal with the stress, welcome!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire someone for a specific skill set, respect that they have the experience to make wise decisions. Great leaders know who the subject experts are within the organization. With the passing of the founder, Sr Managment is incapable of leading this company and business will continue to decline. They just don't get it. The current layoffs are only the beginning.

Age Discrimination

Product Management (Former Employee)
South Suburban, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompany treats you well when you are young and it is perceived that you have worth.
Benefits are competetive
Pay is decent

ConsWhenever there is a "layoff" they get rid of their older employees. It is so obvious I don't know how the get away with it. They are completely mismanaging their buisness getting rid of everything at the division level that they think isn't completely necessary. That work still needs to get done so people are driving hours at a time to perform jobs that take minutes. With every cut, there is a promise that it will be better. The company's infrastructure is falling apart. They should just admit that the company is for sale, or will be soon, because this company is no longer the company that Mr. Caveney started.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell. Your worth and Market share is decreasing. Take your Dad's money and run while you have a chance.

They are at it again

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than 8 years

ProsJob was close to home. Had some benefits, free parking, free water, free air. Nice new building

ConsToo much politics, too many bosses, too many lazy people, too many people trying to stab you in the back, too many rules. Not a healthy working environment cause of stress.
Lay-offs are starting again. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
The company keeps loafers on the job, and the hard workers get axed.
Some people get to keep their jobs because of whom they are married to, who they know, who they used to know -- there is no quality of work. Stay away...

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy give advise - you guys do whatever you want - and none of it makes sense. You play your favorites and it is sickening to watch. Wonder what you will do when you have to get a real job.

Quirky but Professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood management vision
Solid junior executives

ConsCrazy family involvement at time
Some "god old boys" netowrk issues have led to the placement of facilities in unproductive locations

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.... making the company less quirky and more professional

The Titanic of the 21st Century.

Engineer (Current Employee)
Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay and benefits.
Parking available.
Nice HQ facility.

ConsThe environment is toxic with nepotism and the good old boy network running strong. The female engineers in the R&D department are not respected unless you are one of the favorites. Very little direction and mentoring for new employees. This is not the place to advance your career. Much fighting between departments. This company does not attract the best talent and the hiring process is way too long. This company is heading in the wrong direction and it feels like a sinking ship.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice - management will not listen.

Worked for Panduit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panduit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Panduit CEO Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan. All 266 reviews posted anonymously by Panduit employees.