Panduit Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
2.4

Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros
  • The salary is competitive with the area and for me, it is close to home (in 19 reviews)

• Flex time before it was so severely restricted and regulated (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management has destroyed the culture in every country (in 20 reviews)

• Lack of communication, knee jerk reactionay management, poor work life balance (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Technical Growth and Education

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager III in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Account Manager III in Austin, TX

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging environment with encouraged learning and technical growth

Cons

Politics can be complex and difficult to navigate.

Allowing personal growth

I worked at Panduit

Pros

All employees get to swipe in at badge readers to track their hours down to tenths of an hour.

Cons

Ineffective restructuring decisions, old boy network hampers progress of some while supporting others. Favoritism.

Enable more unbiased people management instead of favoritism.

Does Not Make Sense

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

Benefits (even though they seem to be dwindling)
    Some Coworkers
    Some Bosses

Cons

I worked in the warehouse for about 7 years. Just got let go.
    They are getting rid of the midnight shift and they needed to let people go so they found a reason for me.
    My attendance has been bad forever but all the sudden it wasn't tolerated.
    It doesn't make sense that they are getting rid of the one shift that actually works.
    Day shift is filled with a bunch of spoiled babies who do very little when they actually show up or don't fake injuries.
    Afternoon shift doesn't follow rules. Their 2 foremen are complete jerks to people.
    The graveyard shift actually has bosses who give a crap about what is going on, seem to care about people, make sure everyone is working, and does things for their employees that they want to do not forced to do.
    So what is Panduit doing? Getting rid of the shift to save the 10% shift bonus.
    The new guy in charge is clueless. All he cares about is getting rid of the midnight shift. Has no idea what people or shifts do. What they should do is have new management on day shift and get rid of the afternoon shift. They don't do anything and they can save money that way. They are punishing the people who actually work.

Don't come in with a bulldozer. Find out what is actually going on before making big changes.

Intern-Review

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Panduit as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I interned at this place in summer 2014. Very friendly environment, helpful people, great learning experiences is all that I can say.

Cons

Nothing-to be very honest. Some of the plants do not have its own cafeteria which can be a bummer at times.Time in Time out system is annoying. But apart from these factors -nothing about the company is bad.

Modern Day Concentration Camp

Former Employee - Pricing Manager in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Pricing Manager in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Don't work here it's a nightmare

Cons

Worst place I've ever worked.

Employees work in fear while management can't manage out of their own "whirlwind".

Good for internship, not a career

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Panduit as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

As an intern I was able to work on a variety of projects. The people were usually very helpful.

Cons

Management, Outdated software, Unwilling to change, Not a place for a young graduate

Be more open to change. Embrace Technology.

Old Boys Club set in 2014

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, Work life balance, decent pay.

Cons

Not a "team oriented" culture. Leadership is more concerned about empire building . Certain leaders believe they are more superior than the people that work for them and are condescending, and completely demotivating.

Read up on diversity and it's value in business.

One of the best places to work throughout my 20 year career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, matching 401k, good work/life balance in general. Great family environment and good people all around. Family atmosphere and some excellent cross-functional coworkers who are serious about their work.

Cons

Some of the leadership seems to have no clue with product line problem areas, some of which are significant. Instead of regrouping they tend to sweep the dirt under the rug and buy their time, or blame others. This is the cancer of the organization.

Get audited by an outside consultant and carefully review the results.

Cheap and Distrustful

Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

OK pay and benefits. Nice HQ in Tinley Park some of the other locations have a poor environment.

Cons

Basically distrustful of their employees. They think you're out to steal hours ( all employees except the very top punch a clock), or you're going to have too much of a good time on a road trip and get a good dinner, or steal office supplies. They send warnings if you do things like personal banking using their internet connection. If you are a professional in Marketing or Management, you dont get a company phone, but they expect you to use your personal phone for company business--and dont allow expensing your personal phone for business use!

Change this crappy culture

Awful.

Current Employee - Staff Manufacturing Engineer in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Staff Manufacturing Engineer in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people on the shop floor.

Cons

Manufacturing leadership is very closed minded. Company is secretive to a fault. They make labels, twist ties, and snap together clips for heaven sakes. Processes are guarded like Fort Knox. If outside help is needed by expert industry leaders, Panduit will not let them in to assist. This is why the company technology is very far behind there competitors. We have control panels on critical machines that parts are no longer made. Electrical engineers and maintenance spends days and weeks trying to design, develop, make, and buy pars to supplement parts you can't buy.

Manufacturing service organization Management is the reason Panduit will fell.

You do not have a corner on the market of your product. You need outside assistance as every company in America and the world knows. Stop being hermits thinking you got some unique process niche in your market.