Panduit Reviews

Reset
2.9
Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros
  • Flex time before it was so severely restricted and regulated (in 18 reviews)

• Great family environment and good people all around (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is very cautious due to lack of strategy (doing what we have always done will keep the profits the same) (in 23 reviews)

• Finally, I asked myself why I would even want to continue with a company with senior management like this (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great experience.

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

Great experience working at Panduit. Started as an intern and have been learning more and more each day. Great support, good group of co-workers and managers.

Cons

Technical products in an evolving industry. It is essential to keep an eye on industry trends and to also understand the markets that affect our business.

May 12, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are very proud of our University Relations Program and we a happy to say we have an over 95% conversion rate from intern/co-op to employee. We also to hope to evolve ... More

2. Established private hardware company

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

Know what they do in the hardware area.

Cons

Big people churn in the software organization.

Jun 22, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

The community relies on everyone sharing their feedback and we appreciate it. We are very proud of our company and look forward to expanding in the software arena. This area is changing rapidly and ... More

Project Engineer

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is well positioned in its main product market and has good benefits.

Cons

The management structure is not efficient and is wastefull

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the autonomy of your software/services division.

Jun 17, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your comments! They are being heard and we are working towards improving all areas.

Application Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Panduit has a lot of potential to expand its market in all the continents with its great cable and management system products.

Cons

The workforce is not diverse enough to trigger innovation and discussion that can only come from people with diverse backgrounds.

Advice to Management

Encourage the middle management and the employees to challenge current solutions and products to create opportunities for true innovation and market expansion.

Jun 17, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We appreciate former employee's comments and thank you for your post. The company's potential is definitely there. We do understand that we still have a way to go and bringing in new employees with ... More

Awesome Company

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

Great people, good working environment, great hours

Cons

It is still a Job rather be fishing

Jun 17, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you so much for your post! We pride ourselves with hiring great people, having a wonderful work environment and great hours. That being said, I think we would all love to be fishing!

Technically challenging; Weak Upper Management

Former Employee - Product Management in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Product Management in Naperville, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allows you to get involved in a wide range of technologies. There are many opportunities to get involved with products you enjoy working on.

Cons

When upper management makes a mistake, rather than admit the mistake, they blame it on the middle managers.

Advice to Management

If you make a change at the middle management level and the problem does not go away, maybe the problem is with upper management. At least give that concept considered.

Jun 17, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

The community relies on everyone sharing their input and we appreciate yours. We do pride ourselves on the opportunities for inclusion. We hope to encourage a culture of accountability and it does ... More

Summer Employment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

Panduit's WHQ in Tinley Park is an extraordinary facility. I have been treated very well by all co-workers and superiors.

Cons

No cons in my Panduit work experience.

Jun 17, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your post! We are very proud of our LEED Certified building as it provides a collaborative atmosphere as well as a beautiful working environment.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

Great management, wonderful co-workers, and very clean! I enjoy working at Panduit because of the people who work along side me every day, without them I do not know what I would do.

Cons

Lean projects are more time consuming and non-beneficial to customer than anything. The company supports quantity over quality at times.

Advice to Management

Try not to overwork the people under you. If someone leaves the company, it is unfair to dump all their tasks onto another worker and still pay that worker the same. They are now doing the job of two people for one salary. This leads to exhaustion and unhappy workers.

Jun 17, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We are proud to say that the people at Panduit are like family and we appreciate each and every one of them. Because of this we want to make sure we hire the right people for the right job. When a ... More

Galaxy Black Hole, nothing gets in, in one piece and nothing comes out of value

Former Employee - Staff Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Staff Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Cumming, GA

I worked at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cannot find any because there are far to many cons.

Cons

I thought about Panduit while reading the book "The Art of The Start" by Guy Kawasaki who was the chief marketing officer under Apple's Steve Jobs. In the book, there was a description, by Steve Jobs, of the characteristics of bad leadership (and bad employees). Steve referred to them as Bozos. Steve talked about Type A, B, C, D, etc employees with A being the best. He said A-type employees are the best. They don't get intimidated by smart people because they are comfortable in there own intelligence. Type-A employees welcome and invite the opportunity to learn from other type-A and lower co-workers whether that coworker is management, staff level, or even hourly level. However B-type employees say, "I can't get embarrass by a type-A so I'm going to hire a type-C." Type-C repeats this pattern and says, "I'm going to hire a type-D." Type-D hires a Type-E, Type-E hires a Type-F and so on. Steve calls these type management and employees Bozos and when the downward spiral of talent, knowledge, skillsets, creativity, imagination, inventiveness decades to nothing Steve said your company is entrench in Bozo'ism and you are experiencing a Bozo Explosion. Your company becomes infested with Bozos and no where to go.

This is where Panduit is. The decision makers, idea creators, and manufacturing innovators find themselves either laid-off, resigned, or fired resulting in a Panduit being left with yes-men, wait-and-see decision makers, or do-what-I-say or else type leaders; my way or the highway managers and supervisors. Panduit's atmosphere, culture, and environment are greatly misaligned with the formula for success. They are probably leading Glass door with the most number of dislikes and not recommend for employment.

These high-mark and good comments are probably Panduit's attempts at trying to sway perspective new-hires to believe that they are trying to improve their image and culture. Look for yourself at the sheer volume of bad comments. We are not exaggerating when we described Panduit as a 1-start do not recommend company.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to people that can come and rid all management. Survey staff level and shop floor level to seek out useless management and fire them.

Jun 17, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Typically former employees do post negative feedback. Even so, we do appreciate it. Anything negative can be turned into a positive. The feedback we receive, is used to improve the business and ... More

Territory Account Manager

Former Employee - Senior Territory Account Manager in Williston, ND
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Account Manager in Williston, ND

I worked at Panduit (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome compensation and support. Great benefits. Great corporate culture.

Cons

Too much corporate bureaucracy. Takes way too long to get things implemented.

Advice to Management

Streamline decision-making process.

May 12, 2015Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to be competitive with benefits for our employees and are glad they are appreciated. Making decisions can take a long time and we will continue to work on ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed