Panduit Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros
  • Flex time before it was so severely restricted and regulated (in 18 reviews)

• Great family environment and good people all around (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is very cautious due to lack of strategy (doing what we have always done will keep the profits the same) (in 23 reviews)

• Finally, I asked myself why I would even want to continue with a company with senior management like this (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great experience.

Pros

Great experience working at Panduit. Started as an intern and have been learning more and more each day. Great support, good group of co-workers and managers.

Cons

Technical products in an evolving industry. It is essential to keep an eye on industry trends and to also understand the markets that affect our business.

Panduit Response

May 12, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are very proud of our University Relations Program and we a happy to say we have an over 95% conversion rate from intern/co-op to employee. We also to hope to evolve ... More

Customer Service Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit (Less than a year)

Pros

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I interfaced with on a daily basis either external and internal customers were very nice and great team players to get the job done. Panduit is a good company and treats the employees well, also good benefits

Cons

I would say slow advancement, promotion opportunities happen mostly in WHQ but in general it is a good company

Advice to Management

I have more than 15 years’ experience focusing on customer service which provides me with the capabilities to successfully fulfill these kind of positions. Relevant points in my resume are: Proven ability to efficiently manage a large customer base, experienced in designing the overall customer service strategy to integrate effectively with organizational objectives, proven track record in engaging and motivating a high performance service team and demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking and problem-solving to improve processes and provide a durable competitive advantage

Retired 09/08/2010

Former Employee - Machine Operator/"grab-ass" Tech in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Machine Operator/"grab-ass" Tech in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

My last 5 years have been my best ever! I left with close to $200,000....plus 6 months pay....and unemployment for 158 weeks! Hope everybody gets a package as I did. It's not all about the $$$ you make....but how much you leave with!

Cons

Love the people....was able to play "grab-ass" at times during my 43 years. Lots of hard work also...luckily I had many people who would "carry-me!"

Advice to Management

Listen more to the workers!

Prodution Op

Current Employee - Production Operator in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, set work schedule, and

Cons

Cutting of jobs to send product lines out of the country.

Advice to Management

List more to employees.

warehouse tech 1

Current Employee - Warehouse Technician I in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Technician I in DeKalb, IL

Pros

Good pay. Easy work. Clean workplace

Cons

Jobs are repetitive. Only allow part-timers to do a couple different jobs.

High ethics and potential but need to update culture to attract talent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture has strong ethics & values. Most employees are 'lifers' and really care about the company. Beautiful headquarters with a nice cafeteria. Panduit has a great deal of potential for growth & cash flow for the right acquisitions.

Cons

A billion dollar company with a culture still reflects the 'mom & pop' mentality. Company is very conservative and lacks flexibility toward, work from home, telecommuting type approach, which makes it difficult for anyone outiside Southwest suburbs.

Advice to Management

Need research what a culture should look like to attract new talent with new ideas, as well as millennials that will carry on future of the company

Good talented people hampered by poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Panduit (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Good, talented people * Streamlined processes

Cons

* Very political * Management through intimidation

Lockport Management and Supervisor

Current Employee - Production Operator in Lockport, IL
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Lockport, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For a production facility the environment is clean and the climate control is pretry good too. It can get a little warm at times but not to bad for a production facility. Benefits and pay are decent.

Cons

I don't believe it's excessive but there is one or two managers tasked with overseeing production and people, who have NO CLUE how to do the job. That would be ok if they showed the ability to learn the job and had a little humility about themselves. When everything you hear out of them is how great they are and everything they've done (when in actuality it is those below them getting it done) it becomes silly. It is extremely hard to want to put in extra efforts (which at this point are expected) when you have a hard time respecting the people you report to and they want to be glory hounds. If they could check their egos at the door and talk to people respectfully it would be a huge improvement. They just seem to only want to hear their own words.

Advice to Management

Continue the momentum that has been building. Also keep tabs on managers like above. It would be a shame to see things fall apart because people give up due to this style managers and supervisors. Although their has been more respect shown to production workers over the last 5 years or so their are still a few who tend to look or talk down on us.

changing

Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Clean environment. Finally moving in the right direction with technological advances and equipment upgrades in the factory. People all striving for the same vision.

Cons

Same as most companies, trying to do more with less creates some additional stress. It's hard to meet deadlines when there is no wiggle room.

Advice to Management

Continue communicating the vision and mission. Help create easy to understand goal linkage for all levels of employees. Specific examples of how each employee fits into the big picture will help build more trust and engagement.

Has to be the right fit...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual, laid back environment. Beautiful building to work in. Generally, nice people to work with. Located in the south suburbs. Work isn't complex.

Cons

Work isn't challenging. Family-owned business and family members that are employed there and/or retired let you know who to vote for in upcoming elections. A global company, but not very diverse. Salaried employees are required to badge in and badge out. Benefits are horrible.

Advice to Management

Quit playing favorites and pay attention to work product, not what your last name is.

RSS Feed </> Embed