Panduit

Updated February 26, 2015
2.6

Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros
  • The salary is competitive with the area and for me, it is close to home (in 19 reviews)

• Flex time before it was so severely restricted and regulated (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • a feeling of distrust with upper management (in 23 reviews)

• Lack of communication, knee jerk reactionay management, poor work life balance (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Warehouse Technician I in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Technician I in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

Good work environment and get what needed

Cons

A lot of channels to go through sometimes

Be open to ideas

Definitely Changing for the Better

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company is making clear moves in the right direction. The new lines of businesses make sense to me and sounds like we are going to be allowed to focus much more and prioritize better. I like the recent statements on getting results instead of tracking hours in the office a lot. I feel much more optimistic that we are going in the right direction now.

Cons

Lots of change going on which is hard for some of my coworkers but at least it is change for the better. Some people see only the negatives of the changes, but I think it is a good thing and overdue. Health insurance is expensive for employees - maybe the company can pick up more of that cost?

Customer Service Coordinator

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

No weekends, latest shift ends at 6:30pm, able to flex a bit in a call center environment, variety of work within the call center. There are times where the calls do come non-stop but not the norm. Able to multi-task between calls keeps your mind fresh and not the same mind numbing questions and answers in a typical call center environment. Generous 401k plan, health, dental and vision insurance. Very diverse workforce. Free coffee, tea, hot chocolate and free women hygiene products in bathroom.

Cons

The pay is low for the amount of knowledge expected to learn and retain. When trying to inform management of how something may not work, it has to be seen before management believes. Managers not consistent among themselves on how things should be done or offered.

Continue with the flexibility in scheduling and working with your employees. Has really increased morale since this has been done. Ask why we think something will not work and then explain to us why it has to be done the way you are requesting it to be done. Be consistent among each other.

Good company for growth

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

Great company for encouraging growth. If you are a hard worker and push yourself the right managers notice. Fun dynamic group of people I work with that make work life entertaining and enjoyable 90% of the time.

Cons

There are some managers that it is questionable how they got to their position.

If you don't have a degree, it doesn't mean the person isn't qualified for the job.

Opportunity for Advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for over 10 years and have moved into several positions along the way, each of them a promotion opportunity. Company offers tuition reimbursement which is a huge benefit. Flex time is great, good benefits and friendly people.

Cons

Over importance placed on an Engineering Degree
    Experience is taken into account more than skills at times
    Executive Leadership isn't always visible/accessible

Evaluate your employees for opportunities for advancement, a lot of good talent within the organization.

Boasts about teamwork, opportunity to grow, great environment, none is true it's all about cutting cost and bottom line.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working in a new "green" building, ha! however even that is false, they claim it is green as it runs electric pumps 24/7 to circulate rain water and then when there is no rain water they fill water tanks with city water to show visitors they are green, it's all a circus. The truth is it's a scam to get millions from Illinois tax payers to pay for the building. But it's a nice building to work in for being in the suburbs.

Cons

The environment is hostile, layoffs wait at every corner. The competition is furious fight and back stabbing for small crumbs of false appreciation from Management. Between the lies Marketing tells about the products and falsifies claims about product quality or performance. HR's ability to over look every opportunity to show concern for their employees rather they are a puppets to management whims. Management treats every employee with disrespect and totally feel as if they are beneath them.

Thanks to blowing million of dollars on sales trips to tropical locations for a retreat. Then investing a couple more millions on a useless CAD software that can't compete with the over 200 existing Cad softwares that can do the same processes better. Your next investment should be skilled experienced workers who have history working with your products. Oops sorry too late for that, you laid off all the experienced workers for inexperienced kids straight out of college just to save the bottom line and create a younger feel in the company. Next question is who are the skilled workers to pull you out? The experienced workers usually train the inexperienced passing on their knowledge so the new employees have the tools and real world knowledge that made this company originally great. oh yeah you forgot that step, good luck with that.

Not the same

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time

Pros

Flexible hours (some jobs), profit sharing, insurance

Cons

This is not the same company it was years ago. WHen the old man was in charge at least you knew where u stood. Now there is so much underhanded and secretive stuff goin on that the employees don't know where they stand. The company was built on a solid foundation, but lost its way. So many cutbacks within the last few months they don't know who is doing what.

There was a "cafe" meeting of the minds (2013-2014?) - re-read what was said then and heed it.

They really don't know what they are doing in IT

I worked at Panduit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

One of the better companies on the edge of the South Chicago suburbs.
    Pay is decent.

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing.
    They don't know how the business or practices of IT work.
    Marketing drives the company.

Sell your IT half, and concentrate on what you do well.

Manager

I worked at Panduit

Pros

Employee benefit package is acceptable

Cons

Too many upper managers just keeping their chairs warm but not making decisions. They know very well how to milk the company petty cash funds. A lot of smoke but no fire.

Clean house

Secretive Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

US Company with Mediocre benefits

Cons

Managements is very secretive and seems to have a knee jerk reaction to negative stimulus. Nepotism allowed within the management

Stay the course more than just a year or two. It takes time to develop new markets and changing market approach can have detrimental effects.