Panduit Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

Great management, wonderful co-workers, and very clean! I enjoy working at Panduit because of the people who work along side me every day, without them I do not know what I would do.

Cons

Lean projects are more time consuming and non-beneficial to customer than anything. The company supports quantity over quality at times.

Advice to Management

Try not to overwork the people under you. If someone leaves the company, it is unfair to dump all their tasks onto another worker and still pay that worker the same. They are now doing the job of two people for one salary. This leads to exhaustion and unhappy workers.

Jun 17, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We are proud to say that the people at Panduit are like family and we appreciate each and every one of them. Because of this we want to make sure we hire the right people for the right job. When a ... More

Technically challenging; Weak Upper Management

Former Employee - Product Management in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Product Management in Naperville, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allows you to get involved in a wide range of technologies. There are many opportunities to get involved with products you enjoy working on.

Cons

When upper management makes a mistake, rather than admit the mistake, they blame it on the middle managers.

Advice to Management

If you make a change at the middle management level and the problem does not go away, maybe the problem is with upper management. At least give that concept considered.

Jun 17, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

The community relies on everyone sharing their input and we appreciate yours. We do pride ourselves on the opportunities for inclusion. We hope to encourage a culture of accountability and it does ... More

Summer Employment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

Panduit's WHQ in Tinley Park is an extraordinary facility. I have been treated very well by all co-workers and superiors.

Cons

No cons in my Panduit work experience.

Jun 17, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your post! We are very proud of our LEED Certified building as it provides a collaborative atmosphere as well as a beautiful working environment.

Galaxy Black Hole, nothing gets in, in one piece and nothing comes out of value

Former Employee - Staff Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Staff Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Cumming, GA

I worked at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cannot find any because there are far to many cons.

Cons

I thought about Panduit while reading the book "The Art of The Start" by Guy Kawasaki who was the chief marketing officer under Apple's Steve Jobs. In the book, there was a description, by Steve Jobs, of the characteristics of bad leadership (and bad employees). Steve referred to them as Bozos. Steve talked about Type A, B, C, D, etc employees with A being the best. He said A-type employees are the best. They don't get intimidated by smart people because they are comfortable in there own intelligence. Type-A employees welcome and invite the opportunity to learn from other type-A and lower co-workers whether that coworker is management, staff level, or even hourly level. However B-type employees say, "I can't get embarrass by a type-A so I'm going to hire a type-C." Type-C repeats this pattern and says, "I'm going to hire a type-D." Type-D hires a Type-E, Type-E hires a Type-F and so on. Steve calls these type management and employees Bozos and when the downward spiral of talent, knowledge, skillsets, creativity, imagination, inventiveness decades to nothing Steve said your company is entrench in Bozo'ism and you are experiencing a Bozo Explosion. Your company becomes infested with Bozos and no where to go. This is where Panduit is. The decision makers, idea creators, and manufacturing innovators find themselves either laid-off, resigned, or fired resulting in a Panduit being left with yes-men, wait-and-see decision makers, or do-what-I-say or else type leaders; my way or the highway managers and supervisors. Panduit's atmosphere, culture, and environment are greatly misaligned with the formula for success. They are probably leading Glass door with the most number of dislikes and not recommend for employment. These high-mark and good comments are probably Panduit's attempts at trying to sway perspective new-hires to believe that they are trying to improve their image and culture. Look for yourself at the sheer volume of bad comments. We are not exaggerating when we described Panduit as a 1-start do not recommend company.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to people that can come and rid all management. Survey staff level and shop floor level to seek out useless management and fire them.

Jun 17, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Typically former employees do post negative feedback. Even so, we do appreciate it. Anything negative can be turned into a positive. The feedback we receive, is used to improve the business and ... More

Territory Account Manager

Former Employee - Senior Territory Account Manager in Williston, ND
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Account Manager in Williston, ND

I worked at Panduit (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome compensation and support. Great benefits. Great corporate culture.

Cons

Too much corporate bureaucracy. Takes way too long to get things implemented.

Advice to Management

Streamline decision-making process.

May 12, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to be competitive with benefits for our employees and are glad they are appreciated. Making decisions can take a long time and we will continue to work on ... More

Very professional, great co-workers.

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

The people I work with are all top-notch software engineers. Hardware needs are quickly taken care of. The work place atmosphere is very cooperative.

Cons

Having an off-site manager can be challenging.

May 12, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Hello and thank you for your feedback! Working at a company built on the foundation of its people is critical to every organization and we appreciate everyone who works at Panduit. As a global ... More

I had high hopes for Panduit

Former Employee - Customer Service in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Chicago, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Panduit's corporate office is a beautiful building and is close to home.

Cons

The training program seemed to be a afterthought. My time spent with the trainer was limited and then I was sent off to do five to six hours of busywork. Due to life events the trainer was out of the office for long periods of time and would come back to the office unorganized and overwhelmed. If we asked questions we were often told to refer to the "work instructions" which consisted of word documents that were cryptic to someone who is a newcomer to the business.

Advice to Management

Your trainer needs a assistant who is not a new hire (yes a new hire who was 7 weeks was asked to train other new people) and is not one of the mentors on the floor who seem to have too much on their plates without having to review the work of someone who is new to the company. Management should also be cautious of airing their grievances with the new people. We do not want to hear how you are overworked and upset that new people have been hired on and you do not have time for them. This creates a feeling of distrust and the feeling that we are "in the way". Create a structured training program with a full time trainer. Your seasoned person filling the position may have the answers but you would be better served with a dedicated full time trainer without other responsibilities that could put together a well thought out training program that does not consist of filling in dates on a EXCEL sheet to "prove" something was mentioned.

Positive changes dominate the last several years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at Panduit for 30 years, and change was admittedly rather slow in the past, but I've seen tremendous positive, rapid change over the last few years. Elimination of exempt employee time tracking; increased communication and transparency; big investments in R&D; a new world headquarters building close to I80; lots of modern workspace upgrades; increased employee engagement; clearly communicated business strategies; acquisitions; and more. I have no reason to think about working somewhere else at this point, and I am confident in our leadership's ability to keep the company strong no matter what the economy throws at us.

Cons

The rapid change is causing stress for some employees, and reorganization efforts have resulted in some necessary reductions in force and employee movement. Not all employees readily embrace the rapid change, while those that do tend to thrive and "go for the ride".

Advice to Management

Keep driving change to encourage rapid growth in sales and opportunities, while at the same time continue to improve the employee experience, since the employees are the lifeblood of the company. Improvement is definitely noticeable, while there are always more opportunities.

Senior Engineer Review

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work culture is very demanding.

Cons

Lots of Politics. I kept hearing from the seniors that after the death of Jack Caveney, the upper management don't know how to handle the business - they simply don't have any strategy. And the number of lay offs that is being happening at Panduit shows it all. It is pity to see all those who were getting better reviews for years are got laid off...... My manager was a micro management follower and he used to take unnecessary stress on all the matters. He was simply a workaholic. I don't know how can you choose a senior manager that has this kind of philosophy. I believe he should have been a lead engineer and not a manager.

Advice to Management

I believe it is worthless to fire a settled employee without any good reason. It will simply hurt the companies long term goal. A new employee needs time to start becoming productive.....

Jun 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Making tough decisions for a company is never easy as it does effect others. In order to sustain and grow, sometimes these decisions need to be made. We appreciate ... More

Bain-Tastrope – Executive Management – Lack of Integrity, Vision, or Honesty

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of excellent and dedicated team members that truly care about customer success at Panduit. Excellent engineering and product teams that develop valued products for the industry.

Cons

I cannot in good conscious recommend Panduit to any prospective employment candidate under the current Executive Leadership Team. Leadership is not a word I would use to describe the Panduit executives, but rather extremely poor managers that lead by intimidation and threats. Helicopter micro-managers that do not understand the difference between solutions vs. pieces & parts. Executives that only surround themselves with “YES” men and force them to lead in the same fashion-- intimidation and threats. After the Bain initiative has failed to produce any tangible ROI and Panduit decides to jettison the current President and VP/GM Americas then I would tell any prospective sales to consider joining the Panduit Team – as mentioned above there are a lot of great employees still there and will help pick up the fallen pieces once the Sr. Executives are finally dismissed.

Advice to Management

Read a book about what True Leadership means and then look in the mirror and realize it is time to step down. Understanding leadership and developing true leaders will take Panduit to the next level. The employees are the true value of your company and I am afraid you will scare all the good ones to your competition.

Jun 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Hello and thank you for your review. We are pleased to have wonderful people working for our company and appreciate it when it is noticed. There is always room for improvement and your feedback ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed