Panduit

www.panduit.com
Employer Engaged

Glad I left

I worked at Panduit

Pros

If you live in the southwest burbs, the location is close to home. However, close to home doesn't matter when you're miserable at work.

Cons

Too many to name, which is why I left.

Great company (from a business perspective), horrible culture (from an employee perspective)

Former Employee - Training in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Training in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you live in Southern Chicago Suburbs and want a Global Corporate job that doesn't require trips into downtown, this is the company for you.

Cons

If you want a place that values diversity in it's employees, fosters a trusting team environment, and values the opinions of all employees regardless of their position, this is not the company for you.

Listen to employees. Actually seek out and then value the diverse experiences and ideas that a diverse workforce brings to the table. I know the company is private, but please stop imparting the personal interest of the owners (politically, socially, and religiously-speaking) to the employee population.

Racing to the bottom...

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

good location for south suburbanites, very clean offices, free parking

Cons

toxic environment, some managers flat out lie to you, "let's get this done" has devolved to "watch out for yourself only", change can be good and helps us grow but constant change is just chaos, and good poeple continue to still be let go... enough with the layoffs already.

let Bain give you the fair market price for the company as is or broken into pieces, i.e., the new business units, and sell it already.

Good company to work for

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Panduit as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is nice and easy to work with

Cons

Projects move slowly. Not the environment for fast paced work.

Up and Coming

Current Employee - Program Manager in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for four months now and the change that is taking place is very exciting. The management here is very open to suggestions for improvement and change. I'm not hearing that old phrase "that's how we've always done it." Instead I'm hearing, "Those are great ideas. Lets get them implemented!"
    The people I work with are very helpful and the projects I am working on make me feel fulfilled.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there is not a "work-from-home" policy. This is one of those changes that will need to take place in the near future to attract talent to the suburbs. I strongly feel that this will take place soon.

Continue to stay open minded and embrace change as you have.

Kicked to the Curb

Former Employee - Marketing in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a large company that is located in the south Chicago suburbs, makes for a great commute. Flextime allows for flexibility in scheduling personal time with family and life events. For the most part, the people employed by Panduit are wonderful, creating a close-knit team atmosphere.

Cons

Leadership and strong upper management are lacking. For the past 5 years, leadership has changed key player roles and business plans, creating a constant chaos work atmosphere. Additionally, the respect and loyalty for 'legacy' employees has diminished, severing the foundational roots that established and grew the company.

Get your act together. This company has so much potential that is currently being wasted.

"We have a strategy, we just don't know what it is yet"

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours
    Good benefits
    Easy commute (near large highways)
    Knowledgable peers
    Newer, clean facilities
    Excellent machine shop with streamlined processing
    40 hr work week, not expected to work more

Cons

Lack of vision (we have no idea what we want to be beside what we already are)
    Lack of strategy to execute vision (we have no idea how to do anything different)
    Upper Management is very cautious due to lack of strategy (doing what we have always done will keep the profits the same)
    Cautiousness kills innovation (very skeptical of anything different than the status quo)
    Cautiousness also results in shortsighted decisions
    These poor decisions include:
    Laying off the wrong people (simply based on salary)
    Promoting the wrong people (based on favoritism)
    Killing the wrong projects (for lack of vision)
    Promoting the wrong projects (because they're the most comfortable)
    The result of this are employees are afraid
    Employees are afraid to speak up
    Employees don't think their work is worthwhile
    This is why so many people are dissatisfied
    This is why young people are leaving in droves

Divest the company from the crippling grasp of the Caveney family. This is no longer Jack's company. Just let them cash out and let someone else run the show. Bring in a new CEO from outside the company. Figure out what you want Panduit to be and develop a strategy for how to make that happen. Communicate that strategy clearly to every employee. Growing profits cannot be the only goal. People need a mission. Make it so everyone can relate their job to that mission. If current managers cannot make progress towards the goals set out for them, consider bringing in new managers. Too many managers are in their positions simply because of seniority rather than their level of performance. The same goes for everyone else. And if you're going to let people go, at least have the courtesy of telling them why you're letting them go.

The placed sucked to work for. Extra effort wasn't rewarded.

Former Employee - Production
    Former Employee - Production

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a job for the time I was there. There wasnt a whole lot of pros. Close to home.

Cons

Laid people off before their retirement. didn't compensate well even when you went above and beyond your job. Just laid my Mom off after 15 years of service right before she is going in for surgery.

Treat employees better.

Change

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck, location, and mostly good people. Many employees know how good of a company we have been in the past, so trying to hang on until we change back.

Cons

Not a lot of trust of employees. Have not focused on the profitable business in years.

Trust, trust, and make decisions in a timely fashion.

Mediocre at best

Current Employee - Manager in Asia, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Asia, TX

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No pros to begin with.

Cons

The company seems to harbour many people who are outcasts and rejects from other companies. Been here 5 years and nothing of strategic importance seems done. Frustration level is high. Tasks, processes are always in a mess and functions are disconcerted.

There's a lot of empty talk, virtually no transparency and lacks of communication. There are many people who has stayed in Panduit for many years and seems to be rather complacent at all times. Management is always, has always been on the wrong focus.

The senior management and old timers should just quit and not hang on for the sake of hanging on.