Panduit

Updated February 26, 2015
2.7

Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros
  • The salary is competitive with the area and for me, it is close to home (in 19 reviews)

• Flex time before it was so severely restricted and regulated (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • a feeling of distrust with upper management (in 23 reviews)

• Lack of communication, knee jerk reactionay management, poor work life balance (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

114 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Customer Service Coordinator

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

No weekends, latest shift ends at 6:30pm, able to flex a bit in a call center environment, variety of work within the call center. There are times where the calls do come non-stop but not the norm. Able to multi-task between calls keeps your mind fresh and not the same mind numbing questions and answers in a typical call center environment. Generous 401k plan, health, dental and vision insurance. Very diverse workforce. Free coffee, tea, hot chocolate and free women hygiene products in bathroom.

Cons

The pay is low for the amount of knowledge expected to learn and retain. When trying to inform management of how something may not work, it has to be seen before management believes. Managers not consistent among themselves on how things should be done or offered.

Continue with the flexibility in scheduling and working with your employees. Has really increased morale since this has been done. Ask why we think something will not work and then explain to us why it has to be done the way you are requesting it to be done. Be consistent among each other.

Secretive Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

US Company with Mediocre benefits

Cons

Managements is very secretive and seems to have a knee jerk reaction to negative stimulus. Nepotism allowed within the management

Stay the course more than just a year or two. It takes time to develop new markets and changing market approach can have detrimental effects.

Not the same

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time

Pros

Flexible hours (some jobs), profit sharing, insurance

Cons

This is not the same company it was years ago. WHen the old man was in charge at least you knew where u stood. Now there is so much underhanded and secretive stuff goin on that the employees don't know where they stand. The company was built on a solid foundation, but lost its way. So many cutbacks within the last few months they don't know who is doing what.

There was a "cafe" meeting of the minds (2013-2014?) - re-read what was said then and heed it.

Opportunity for Advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for over 10 years and have moved into several positions along the way, each of them a promotion opportunity. Company offers tuition reimbursement which is a huge benefit. Flex time is great, good benefits and friendly people.

Cons

Over importance placed on an Engineering Degree
    Experience is taken into account more than skills at times
    Executive Leadership isn't always visible/accessible

Evaluate your employees for opportunities for advancement, a lot of good talent within the organization.

Boasts about teamwork, opportunity to grow, great environment, none is true it's all about cutting cost and bottom line.

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working in a new "green" building, ha! however even that is false, they claim it is green as it runs electric pumps 24/7 to circulate rain water and then when there is no rain water they fill water tanks with city water to show visitors they are green, it's all a circus. The truth is it's a scam to get millions from Illinois tax payers to pay for the building. But it's a nice building to work in for being in the suburbs.

Cons

The environment is hostile, layoffs wait at every corner. The competition is furious fight and back stabbing for small crumbs of false appreciation from Management. Between the lies Marketing tells about the products and falsifies claims about product quality or performance. HR's ability to over look every opportunity to show concern for their employees rather they are a puppets to management whims. Management treats every employee with disrespect and totally feel as if they are beneath them.

Thanks to blowing million of dollars on sales trips to tropical locations for a retreat. Then investing a couple more millions on a useless CAD software that can't compete with the over 200 existing Cad softwares that can do the same processes better. Your next investment should be skilled experienced workers who have history working with your products. Oops sorry too late for that, you laid off all the experienced workers for inexperienced kids straight out of college just to save the bottom line and create a younger feel in the company. Next question is who are the skilled workers to pull you out? The experienced workers usually train the inexperienced passing on their knowledge so the new employees have the tools and real world knowledge that made this company originally great. oh yeah you forgot that step, good luck with that.

Conservative business approach

Former Employee - Lab Tech in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Lab Tech in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Several branches in Chicago suburbs. Some business connections with the big IT companies. Internationally recognized brand name in the industry.

Cons

Do not care much about their employees. Afraid to take risks. Trying to save penny by loosing dollar. Do not have clear understanding of where to go.

Use more modern and progressive approach to do business.

Great company (from a business perspective), horrible culture (from an employee perspective)

Former Employee - Training in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Training in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you live in Southern Chicago Suburbs and want a Global Corporate job that doesn't require trips into downtown, this is the company for you.

Cons

If you want a place that values diversity in it's employees, fosters a trusting team environment, and values the opinions of all employees regardless of their position, this is not the company for you.

Listen to employees. Actually seek out and then value the diverse experiences and ideas that a diverse workforce brings to the table. I know the company is private, but please stop imparting the personal interest of the owners (politically, socially, and religiously-speaking) to the employee population.

Kicked to the Curb

Former Employee - Marketing in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a large company that is located in the south Chicago suburbs, makes for a great commute. Flextime allows for flexibility in scheduling personal time with family and life events. For the most part, the people employed by Panduit are wonderful, creating a close-knit team atmosphere.

Cons

Leadership and strong upper management are lacking. For the past 5 years, leadership has changed key player roles and business plans, creating a constant chaos work atmosphere. Additionally, the respect and loyalty for 'legacy' employees has diminished, severing the foundational roots that established and grew the company.

Get your act together. This company has so much potential that is currently being wasted.

Up and Coming

Current Employee - Program Manager in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for four months now and the change that is taking place is very exciting. The management here is very open to suggestions for improvement and change. I'm not hearing that old phrase "that's how we've always done it." Instead I'm hearing, "Those are great ideas. Lets get them implemented!"
    The people I work with are very helpful and the projects I am working on make me feel fulfilled.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there is not a "work-from-home" policy. This is one of those changes that will need to take place in the near future to attract talent to the suburbs. I strongly feel that this will take place soon.

Continue to stay open minded and embrace change as you have.

Believe Glassdoor reviews here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very nice people (excluding many execs) , nice building (way out in the sticks though)

Cons

All i can say is to read the other reviews here -- I ignored them but they are spot on. My mistake. This is the most dysfunctional place I've ever seen. And they are low-tech, not high-tech, as they will want you to believe. Execs rule by fear - ask about this. Believe what you read here.

I don't think anything will here help, Too far gone.