Panduit
www.panduit.com Tinley Park, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Panduit Reviews in Tinley Park, IL

Updated Mar 7, 2014
Panduit – China – “NEW OFFICE”

Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

95 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's a job

Adm Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood benefits, safe work enviroment

Conspolitics, knowledge don't mean anything

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

It used to be good.....UNDER JACK'S DIRECTION!!!

Production Operator (Former Employee)

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMade alot of good friends over 19 yrs...still keep in touch with most of them,

ConsUnless you are willing to kiss management's butt..you're done!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart by reading these reviews....they JUST MIGHT give you some insight as to the current culture of your team!! Go back to Jack's way and things will improve...respect the people who got that company where it was...BEFORE YOU TORE IT DOWN!! Respect the good,hardworking people and their skills,and prosperity may follow.Improve on Customer Service..if your customers aren't happy..they will make someone else happy with their business...GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

Overall just OK.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Panduit full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe people you work with.

ConsTo many people are trying to cover there own butt instead of getting the right thing done.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on the pennies and pick up the dollars.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Arrogance will bringthe company down

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay, hours were not bad

ConsThe single most arrogant company culture I have ever encountered.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell. Get out while the name has value.

Cross Panduit Off Your LIst of Potential Employers

Lower Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAfter 36 years of above average appraisals Upper Management decided that it was time for me to retire. Best thing that ever happened to me. Made me go out and get a real job!

ConsIf you aren't related or good friends to a Caveney family member you are destined to be mistreated. HR lies to everyone who isn't in upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the world a favor and get lost!

They are at it again

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than 8 years

ProsJob was close to home. Had some benefits, free parking, free water, free air. Nice new building

ConsToo much politics, too many bosses, too many lazy people, too many people trying to stab you in the back, too many rules. Not a healthy working environment cause of stress.
Lay-offs are starting again. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
The company keeps loafers on the job, and the hard workers get axed.
Some people get to keep their jobs because of whom they are married to, who they know, who they used to know -- there is no quality of work. Stay away...

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy give advise - you guys do whatever you want - and none of it makes sense. You play your favorites and it is sickening to watch. Wonder what you will do when you have to get a real job.

The Titanic of the 21st Century.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Panduit full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay and benefits.
Parking available.
Nice HQ facility.

ConsThe environment is toxic with nepotism and the good old boy network running strong. The female engineers in the R&D department are not respected unless you are one of the favorites. Very little direction and mentoring for new employees. This is not the place to advance your career. Much fighting between departments. This company does not attract the best talent and the hiring process is way too long. This company is heading in the wrong direction and it feels like a sinking ship.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice - management will not listen.

Weirdest, Least Rewarding Place I've Ever Worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Panduit full-time

ProsMost of my coworkers were friendly and professional. (Though we were all so "streamlined" and morale was generally so low that no one really had much time or energy to be friendly.)

ConsWhere do I begin... It's well known that top management has no trust in it's managers, and that distrust filters down through the organization. There is no support for newer employees. Communication is terrible, and there are secrets a-plenty. There are a ridiculous amount of approvals needed to do virtually anything (again, due to the lack of trust), to the point of being extremely inefficient. Technology and systems/processes are completely out-of-date. No one knows how to run a project, and there is a general feeling of "covering your ass", because no one knows when the next shoe will drop. Employees are thrown under the proverbial bus when their managers make poor decisions and can't own up to their mistakes.

Note: Medical benefits are not available to spouses who also have insurance available through their employers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the 2000s! You run this business like businesses were run in the 1950s -- completely patriarchal, with no concern with the changing ways that business is done. (For example, for their completely new (2010) building, they decided against having a workout facility on site, because they are afraid it would keep people from doing their work!)

Dont just assume the grass is greener

Electrical Tech (Former Employee)

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood benifits, competitive salary, the opportunity for tution reimbursment
I have read alot of the reviews for Panduit let me tell you i left because of the uncertainty of having a job after moving some of the production overseas. There is political BS is in every company no matter where you go every company is looking to fill their pockets with the elusive dollar, along with that every company is looking for you to do more for the same pay.

Consthe company trying to be like others instead of just leading the way and having others try to be like them.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees know what your looking for if the employees know what is expected of them even when those expectations change moral will increase.

"Changing of the Guards"

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Panduit full-time for more than a year

Pros-Work/Life Balance
-Corporate building has a great atmosphere
-Enjoyable co-workers
-Exposure to different aspects of company business/ culture
-Internal growth and career longevity

Cons-Swiping in
-Clashing of salaries
-Moves at a slower pace to make hiring decisions (Just want to be thoroughly sure the candidate is correct)
-Not able to work from home for certain positions; When other companies are allowing employees to do so
-Location in the South Suburbs does not attract the top talent that the company desires for STEM positions

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to expanding the workforce from entry level to seasoned hires and not be so critical of the candidates for STEM positions.

Worked for Panduit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panduit reviews and ratings in Tinley Park, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Panduit CEO Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan. All 95 reviews posted anonymously by Panduit employees.