Panduit Reviews

Reset
3.3
Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros
  • Flex time before it was so severely restricted and regulated (in 18 reviews)

• Great family environment and good people all around (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is very cautious due to lack of strategy (doing what we have always done will keep the profits the same) (in 23 reviews)

• Finally, I asked myself why I would even want to continue with a company with senior management like this (in 9 reviews)

Customer Service Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit (Less than a year)

Pros

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I interfaced with on a daily basis either external and internal customers were very nice and great team players to get the job done. Panduit is a good company and treats the employees well, also good benefits

Cons

I would say slow advancement, promotion opportunities happen mostly in WHQ but in general it is a good company

Advice to Management

I have more than 15 years’ experience focusing on customer service which provides me with the capabilities to successfully fulfill these kind of positions. Relevant points in my resume are: Proven ability to efficiently manage a large customer base, experienced in designing the overall customer service strategy to integrate effectively with organizational objectives, proven track record in engaging and motivating a high performance service team and demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking and problem-solving to improve processes and provide a durable competitive advantage

Retired 09/08/2010

Former Employee - Machine Operator/"grab-ass" Tech in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Machine Operator/"grab-ass" Tech in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

My last 5 years have been my best ever! I left with close to $200,000....plus 6 months pay....and unemployment for 158 weeks! Hope everybody gets a package as I did. It's not all about the $$$ you make....but how much you leave with!

Cons

Love the people....was able to play "grab-ass" at times during my 43 years. Lots of hard work also...luckily I had many people who would "carry-me!"

Advice to Management

Listen more to the workers!

High ethics and potential but need to update culture to attract talent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture has strong ethics & values. Most employees are 'lifers' and really care about the company. Beautiful headquarters with a nice cafeteria. Panduit has a great deal of potential for growth & cash flow for the right acquisitions.

Cons

A billion dollar company with a culture still reflects the 'mom & pop' mentality. Company is very conservative and lacks flexibility toward, work from home, telecommuting type approach, which makes it difficult for anyone outiside Southwest suburbs.

Advice to Management

Need research what a culture should look like to attract new talent with new ideas, as well as millennials that will carry on future of the company

Has to be the right fit...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual, laid back environment. Beautiful building to work in. Generally, nice people to work with. Located in the south suburbs. Work isn't complex.

Cons

Work isn't challenging. Family-owned business and family members that are employed there and/or retired let you know who to vote for in upcoming elections. A global company, but not very diverse. Salaried employees are required to badge in and badge out. Benefits are horrible.

Advice to Management

Quit playing favorites and pay attention to work product, not what your last name is.

Exciting Position

Current Intern - Fiber Optics Research in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Intern - Fiber Optics Research in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit as an intern

Pros

They pay me $20/hour, and they gave me $500/month as housing compensation for the summer. As an intern in the fiber optics lab, I get to see some of the most impressive equipment in the world. The lab really is one of a kind. They occasionally have me doing typical "female dog work" as an intern, but most of the time I am doing what an actual researcher would do.

Cons

They recently layed off a large number of employees at the center for research and development. And there really aren't many exciting things going on in the building.

Advice to Management

It does not seem like the higher up business people are willing to do what the scientist tell them is crucial to the company, because they only see in terms of cost and profit. Companies that do not listen to their researchers and engineers always end up faulting.

Summer Employment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

Panduit's WHQ in Tinley Park is an extraordinary facility. I have been treated very well by all co-workers and superiors.

Cons

No cons in my Panduit work experience.

Panduit Response

Jun 17, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your post! We are very proud of our LEED Certified building as it provides a collaborative atmosphere as well as a beautiful working environment.

Positive changes dominate the last several years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at Panduit for 30 years, and change was admittedly rather slow in the past, but I've seen tremendous positive, rapid change over the last few years. Elimination of exempt employee time tracking; increased communication and transparency; big investments in R&D; a new world headquarters building close to I80; lots of modern workspace upgrades; increased employee engagement; clearly communicated business strategies; acquisitions; and more. I have no reason to think about working somewhere else at this point, and I am confident in our leadership's ability to keep the company strong no matter what the economy throws at us.

Cons

The rapid change is causing stress for some employees, and reorganization efforts have resulted in some necessary reductions in force and employee movement. Not all employees readily embrace the rapid change, while those that do tend to thrive and "go for the ride".

Advice to Management

Keep driving change to encourage rapid growth in sales and opportunities, while at the same time continue to improve the employee experience, since the employees are the lifeblood of the company. Improvement is definitely noticeable, while there are always more opportunities.

Senior Engineer Review

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work culture is very demanding.

Cons

Lots of Politics. I kept hearing from the seniors that after the death of Jack Caveney, the upper management don't know how to handle the business - they simply don't have any strategy. And the number of lay offs that is being happening at Panduit shows it all. It is pity to see all those who were getting better reviews for years are got laid off...... My manager was a micro management follower and he used to take unnecessary stress on all the matters. He was simply a workaholic. I don't know how can you choose a senior manager that has this kind of philosophy. I believe he should have been a lead engineer and not a manager.

Advice to Management

I believe it is worthless to fire a settled employee without any good reason. It will simply hurt the companies long term goal. A new employee needs time to start becoming productive.....

Panduit Response

Jun 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Making tough decisions for a company is never easy as it does effect others. In order to sustain and grow, sometimes these decisions need to be made. We appreciate ... More

Lack of Diversity at Sr. Manager level and above

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get to Nice Building Decent Cafeteria Decent Pay and Benefits Flexible start and end times Extensive online and classroom training

Cons

If you are a woman, don't expect to be treated seriously or treated as an equal. Old Boys club is alive and well. HR exists to protect poor upper management, ethics line is a joke, inadequate onboarding, hiding of unethical behavior No work at home concessions in certain departments but allowed in others If a mistake is made your reputation is tarnished for years, even after performance progress has been made. Among the worst management I have ever experienced

Advice to Management

Start by looking up the word diversity and the role it plays in a successful company. Screen applicants better. Don't pretend your about employees when your ethics like is only there to protect the company instead of the employee. Encourage your managers to have candid dialogs with their people before performance ratings are given. Take a look at the employees you have and get rid of the ineffective ones even though they have many years of service. Give opportunities to others besides the "chosen" ones.

Customer Service Coordinator

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

No weekends, latest shift ends at 6:30pm, able to flex a bit in a call center environment, variety of work within the call center. There are times where the calls do come non-stop but not the norm. Able to multi-task between calls keeps your mind fresh and not the same mind numbing questions and answers in a typical call center environment. Generous 401k plan, health, dental and vision insurance. Very diverse workforce. Free coffee, tea, hot chocolate and free women hygiene products in bathroom.

Cons

The pay is low for the amount of knowledge expected to learn and retain. When trying to inform management of how something may not work, it has to be seen before management believes. Managers not consistent among themselves on how things should be done or offered.

Advice to Management

Continue with the flexibility in scheduling and working with your employees. Has really increased morale since this has been done. Ask why we think something will not work and then explain to us why it has to be done the way you are requesting it to be done. Be consistent among each other.

RSS Feed </> Embed