Panera Bread

Panera Bread Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Panera Bread CEO Ronald Shaich

Ronald Shaich

Pros
  • You get a discount on food and I met a lot of great people working there(in 65 reviews)

• They have a good food discount-65% on shift, 40% off shift(in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • many employees don't work hard so those that do just end up doing double the amount of work(in 25 reviews)

• IT is a minimum wage paying job best fit for a high school or college student(in 43 reviews)

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's a decent job.

Certified Trainer (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat people to work with, the job isn't hard, non fast food type environment, pretty good food.

ConsExtremely corporate, management is very hit and miss, pay increases are biased and stingy, for the most part all corporate cares about is the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better and you will see better quality in your stores.

Decent job for just out of high school

Associate Trainer (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsAlways something to do, can move up pretty quickly, allowed to do anything within reason to satisfy a customer

Conswork-life balance (most management doesn't care if you have other responsibilities/are sick), even if you do move up to higher positions don't expect your pay to reflect the amount of work you put in, must pay for meals, you never know what you're getting into: some stores are ok but others are terrible

Unfortunately I work for a franchisee

Cashier (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsCo-workers are usually friendly, easy to get along with individuals. Pay is decent, though still not enough to live on. Discount on product is generous, but you become disenchanted with the food after working there.

ConsManagement is very reactive and not proactive and completely disorganized. It can be difficult to get managers to listen to you at times. Employee turnover is very high and you can expect to be short staffed frequently, often because individuals just stop showing up for work. It is also expected that you will work hours past your scheduled time off, so never make plans for directly after work.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate and listen with and to each other, your employees, and other departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat Work life balance and benefits.

ConsCorporate office micromanages stores. Assistant Managers are treated well. Managers were stressed and often replaced.

Its has its stresses, and good sides.

Production Associate (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Pros- Decent Vacation/ Benefits
    - Starting pay is decent. Im talking about fdf not the store itself I dont work in the stores.
    - Break times are adequate
    - They address issues with equipment very well if you are a operator.

ConsPace is VERY hectic and takes some adjustment to adapt to.
    Hours can be limited from week to week.
    You will work most holidays.
    There can be a lot of stress and negativity from time to time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say this for everyone not just management, but taking classes on stress management would be helpful for everyone and should probably be brought up more in meetings. Focus more on the personal aspects to help your employees feel more valued.

Unfair

Team Member (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe other team members I worked with at this location for the most part were good. The job itself was easy.

ConsThe management staff at this location is awful. No one knows how to do their job, and new employees aren't trained properly nor are expected to hold up their end of work. More experienced works are forced to do it for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to do your job, and schedule people properly to do the work that needs to be done. Like putting away the truck.

Fun Co-Workers But Overworked & Underpaid

Panera BreadAssociate (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Pros- Co-Workers
    - Non Greasy Foods
    - Variety Of Foods To Enjoy
    - Nice "1st" Job

Cons- Underpaid Because Manager Rake In All The Money
    - Your Clothes Get Filled With The Smell Of All The Food There
    - Lazy Managers Who Only Help When You're Overburdened
    - Expect You To Be A Machine Rather Than A Rational Human

Advice to Senior ManagementDo Your Best To Make Your Team Really Feel Like You Care. Incentives. Prizes. Acknowledgement.
    STOP CHANGING SO FREQUENTLY!!!

Not a bad company

Associate (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFood and people are better than the competition, pretty flexible schedule. It is a job.

ConsNo incentives, repetitive work. After a couple months you realize there is little reason to do more than the bare minimum

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentives would be great. Company culture is very good, and the employee turnover is actually not very high at all.

wonderful

Associate (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prosgreat atmosphere wonderful place to work and get to know people. great discounts and most of wonderful pay too good.

Consnot very many cons the only thing that i would improve on is the cleaning of panera when it is needed ev eryday

Advice to Senior Managementworry more about the empyloyes then the people they are what makes panera bread what it is do what is right

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!