Panera Bread

Panera Bread Reviews in Jonesboro, AR

Updated Mar 9, 2014

Panera Bread CEO Ronald Shaich

Ronald Shaich

Pros
  • You get a discount on food and I met a lot of great people working there (in 65 reviews)

• They have a good food discount-65% on shift, 40% off shift (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • many employees don't work hard so those that do just end up doing double the amount of work (in 25 reviews)

• IT is a minimum wage paying job best fit for a high school or college student (in 43 reviews)

More Highlights
2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A lovely face-paced place to work, however food service isn't for everyone.

Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsHourly pay was ok, but with tips and a small commission on sales it really made it worth my time. All of the people were a blast to work with. Set schedule Monday through Friday with the occasional work on the weekends. Great coworkers and immediate management.

ConsUpper management seemed to only care about the numbers most of the time. Meets sales goals soon or your getting replaced were constant threats passed down. Raises we're few and far between. Comparisons to other markets as far as sales seemed unfair. When population density was 10 times larger.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe all have to hit our sales goals, but maybe it can be accomplished with some constructive criticism in the current market instead of using destructive criticism in comparison with other markets that are just disproportional.

A solid place to work, steady pay, for a student or person(s) with no serious ambitions.

Hourly Associate (Current Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsIF, IF you're a full-time employee then obviously the benefits of being such are present...paid vacation, not to mention black-hat(trainer) and more hours

ConsSlim-picking on hours per week, lack of respect from associates, shift supervisor, and even my general manager, basically I am a no sugar-coat type of person. They treat us like dogs, my advice? Find a company with that exhibits decency, respect, and a better plan for management.

Advice to Senior Managementreconsider the standards for management and respect the employees that DO bust their ass' for minimum/no appreciation.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!