Panera Bread

3.1
1,235 Reviews

Panera Bread CEO Ronald Shaich
Ronald Shaich

Pros
  • You get a discount on food and I met a lot of great people working there (in 65 reviews)

• They have a good food discount-65% on shift, 40% off shift (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • many employees don't work hard so those that do just end up doing double the amount of work (in 25 reviews)

• IT is a minimum wage paying job best fit for a high school or college student (in 43 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A lovely face-paced place to work, however food service isn't for everyone.

Current Employee - Catering Coordinator  in  Jonesboro, AR
    Current Employee - Catering Coordinator in Jonesboro, AR

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hourly pay was ok, but with tips and a small commission on sales it really made it worth my time. All of the people were a blast to work with. Set schedule Monday through Friday with the occasional work on the weekends. Great coworkers and immediate management.

Cons

Upper management seemed to only care about the numbers most of the time. Meets sales goals soon or your getting replaced were constant threats passed down. Raises we're few and far between. Comparisons to other markets as far as sales seemed unfair. When population density was 10 times larger.

We all have to hit our sales goals, but maybe it can be accomplished with some constructive criticism in the current market instead of using destructive criticism in comparison with other markets that are just disproportional.

A solid place to work, steady pay, for a student or person(s) with no serious ambitions.

Current Employee - Hourly Associate  in  Jonesboro, AR
    Current Employee - Hourly Associate in Jonesboro, AR

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time for more than a year

Pros

IF, IF you're a full-time employee then obviously the benefits of being such are present...paid vacation, not to mention black-hat(trainer) and more hours

Cons

Slim-picking on hours per week, lack of respect from associates, shift supervisor, and even my general manager, basically I am a no sugar-coat type of person. They treat us like dogs, my advice? Find a company with that exhibits decency, respect, and a better plan for management.

reconsider the standards for management and respect the employees that DO bust their ass' for minimum/no appreciation.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!