Panther Expedited Services

1. Fast paced job

Current Employee - Logistics Professional in Medina, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Professional in Medina, OH

I have been working at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours. Fast paced. Easy to learn. Opportunities to advance. Can be fun. Has overtime pay and holiday pay at time and a half

Cons

Can be filled with pressure. Opportunities to advance are there but hard to advance high in the company. Asked to work weekends often

Advice to Management

Make employees feel more valued

2. Too much work for far too little $$

I have been working at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security. Couple great coworkers

Cons

Managers do not care about you. Your pay is no where near comparable to the amount of work you do. You get treated like crap and your managers never speak up for you. The only recognition you get is negative.

Advice to Management

Support your employees. Make them feel comfortable. Make it a place they WANT to come to work, not a place they hate to have to come every day. Try recognizing them when they do something great or go above and beyond their job duties. Stop acting better than everyone around you.

Billing Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

I have been working at Panther Expedited Services

Pros

None that I can think of!

Cons

Management hires friends. Accounts are divided unfairly so long term employees have better numbers and can earn small bonuses. No training at all! Supervisors are long term employees that have been promoted without having skills to supervise. Departments constantly throw each other under the bus. No communication between upper management and the employees. The perks upper management get, like cars, golf memberships and so on are a joke when the average worker gets such a low salary.

Advice to Management

Management needs to wake up and realize how unhappy the employees are. You need to get a training session with manuals for employees so everyone does the job the same way. Have supervisors re-evaluated for their positions.

5. Buddy system or Kiss Butt

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Akron, OH

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

YES - I have seen some make tons of money in this company & others make just enough. Reason I had seen is that some are personal buddies with the people at Panther & are hand-fed great deals while others seem to live in the dark. Like some owner that "bully" the team persons that are hired onto their truck by Panther yet most are not monitored, checked on, or actually believed when they do try to talk about their experiences.
         Those at the top are paid for everything they do concerning their truck. Pay for: deadheading to the load; dry run (load was dropped during truck move); for delivering the load; MT truck move to a better location; fuel surcharge; layover pay; breakdown; for going into Canada or New York City. The owner that I was with was paid extremely well for all of this while others that I talked to were not offered much money for some.

Cons

Yes you can hire on here but there is no guarantee that you & your Dispatcher wind up close buddies or that you actually get to see let alone spend time with the people in the main office building!
         Many owners here are not checked on or monitored very well concerning their team person, log books of both, or how each is being treated.

Advice to Management

You really need to "look at" the Log records & pay of any questionable teams & especially teams with the owner in the truck! The way a person "drives" that truck "IS" like our fingerprints or hand writing extremely unique to us! (the speed & length of time should show about the same from log sheet to log sheet) Unless the records are doctored.

Had an awesome 4 years and thinking of returning, so that should tell you something.

Current Employee - Straight-truck Driver
    Current Employee - Straight-truck Driver

I have been working at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They remember your name, they treat you like a person, and always there to help or just talk. They even keep track of how long I was out and helped me work towards home.

Cons

Never ran in to any cons.

Advice to Management

Haven't dealt with the management in several years, but there's nothing I need to preach to the ones I did deal with.

HORRIBLE company to work for. You are a NUMBER in every sense of the word., and you can be replaced very easily.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seville, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seville, OH

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers. Period. At least in the department I was in.

Cons

Panther pays VERY LITTLE. There also are TOO MANY levels of management. For instance, my department included a team lead, a senior team lead, a supervisor, and the head of the (recruiting) department.

8. Overall good company, making money as a tractor trailer driver.

Former Employee - Tractor Trailer Driver in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Tractor Trailer Driver in Detroit, MI

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good with home time, most dispatchers are friendly and are genuine. Can make some serious money if you stay out for a month at least.

Cons

If you take leave for a month have to re-take orientation. They took away the rewards program. No insurance or benefits as a 1099 driver. They will give refusals without seeing why load was refused. Driver reps for all classes of vehicles a joke. No headquarter 24 hour facilities.

Advice to Management

Bring back rewards plan, refresher, not full orientation for drivers that have been with company for more than 2 years, make dispatchers go for for a week before hire.

Not what I expected

Former Employee - Air Freight in Seville, OH
    Former Employee - Air Freight in Seville, OH

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had some great on call management that were out of state that were extremely knowledgeable and willing to take the time -over the phone- to teach.

Cons

shift changes without notice and without much of a choice. very poor workplace morale.

Advice to Management

happy workplace environment makes for a better run and more productive business. (in my opinion)

Suck it up and move on

Former Employee - Logistics Professional High Value Product in Seville, OH
    Former Employee - Logistics Professional High Value Product in Seville, OH

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made some rad new friends and I enjoyed the work I did. Everyday was different and some of the customers my department (high value product) worked with were really awesome.

Cons

After my manager cornered me in an office room, made sexual remarks, degraded me as a woman and mocked my intelligence, he continued to humiliate me by twisting and manipulating everything I did or said in front of other managers and human resources. He treated me like a joke instead of a person. I wouldn't have stayed so long if it wasn't for the people I met and the love I had for my job. The pay isn't great and the hours sucked but it was definitely an interesting job with a younger group of professionals.

Advice to Management

Discipline is highly needed. Managers stir up more drama in that place than a high schooler in study hall. Training could be greatly improved and be open to listening to employee concerns.

Panther is a Scam

Former Employee - Straight Truck Driver in Seville, OH
    Former Employee - Straight Truck Driver in Seville, OH

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to work for free, get to sit at truck stops for days at a time, never see your family or have a life

Cons

These people are Liars, don't fall for their scam. Worked there for 2 weeks as a driver and was told that I owed them $800. Didn't make a dime.

Advice to Management

Stop scamming your drivers and maybe they'd last longer than a few weeks. Maybe then you wouldn't need to hire 100 people per week just to stay in business.

RSS Feed </> Embed