Be The First To
Not yet rated.
Thomas J. Vacchiano Jr.
1 person found this helpful
I worked at Pantone full-time for less than a year
Pros – The brand is famous and well known
Cons – - Head of Web Development Department is a joke, calls himself Web Services Director, he is inexperienced, not technical at all, micromanages, comes up with his own technical terms.
- Expect to be the system analyst, write the requirements, gather the information develop and QA on your own, and of course they want you to do that in the development time frame.
- Internal processes are a mess.
- Lack of communication between departments.
- It’s more important for the management that their employees look busy than actually do work.
- Outsourcing mess.
- Very old systems and websites, lots of outdated products.
- The public facing site architecture and back end is horrible and a mess, the front end is confusing to users, and there is no intents to fix or upgrade anything.
Advice to Senior Management – - Revamp the public facing site
- Fix the web development department and hire the right people to run it.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-03-19 15:07 PDT
3 people found this helpful
I worked at Pantone
Pros – It's a small company. There's opportunity to get recognized if you do a good job. Compensation and benes are pretty good.
Cons – Too political. Since it's a private, family-owned company most employees are more concerned about impressing the Herberts than doing the right thing in their job.
Advice to Senior Management – Be willing to accept more risk.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2010-02-07 22:34 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –