Panurgy

Stanley A. Nice

A Diamond In The Rough

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

I have been working at Panurgy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Hours, Decent Benefits, Pay Rate is Agreeable, Great Co-workers, Awesome Boss, Great Location directly off of Rt. 80.

Cons

The company has a lot to offer, so unless you're being a complete waste of space. You'll do well.

Continue keeping this company working the way it does. The company certainly offers a lot of opportunity but all I can say is always help those who are working hard move up in the company.

Quality/Integration/Computer Assembly

I worked at Panurgy full-time

Pros

Great Co-Workers. 45 minutes for lunch is good.

Cons

There is 0 work life balance, You can go from being laid off the first two weeks of the month to mandatory overtime the second two weeks of the month. Do not attempt to plan anything on the weekends. It goes from a wasteland of hours to an extreme amount of mandatory overtime. Vacations are not even guaranteed. Middle management is incompetent, direct manager is fantastic.

Work-life balance is the key to keeping happy employees and limiting turnover might want to look into it.

Miserable place to work

Former Employee - Helpdesk Engineer in Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Engineer in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I worked at Panurgy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If willing to deal with no money and bad management, given the nature of the business you can learn a lot there. I figured it as paying my dues.

Cons

Everything. Extremely low pay, no bonuses, management is clueless and can only complain (never give accolades for good work). They are completely cheap and complain about bad finances, which is ironic in that the owner's wife works there as "marketing", but only works 3 half-days a week, produces nothing but a postcard once a month, and bags over $200,000 a year in salary. Guess where the money goes? Nepotism... and certainly not into actually growing the company.

There were constantly rumors of the company being in the red and not having money.

The owner inherited the company from his father-in-law, and never worked in IT before. He claims to be a sales manager from Coke, but in the time I worked there on the Helpdesk, I never saw him bring in a client and he never built a sales force. We all joked that we wondered what he did there besides soak up money.

My impression, both the bosses had no idea how to run a business.

Panurgy = lots of highly competent workers scrambling to deal with incompetent or non-existent management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I worked at Panurgy

Pros

Panurgy is a fun place to work with a team-centric atmosphere and exposure to a wide range of technologies.

Cons

Panurgy is a collection of hard working employees scrambling to keep sane with poor or no management.

Actually listen to employee input.