Papa Murphys

Papa Murphys Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Papa Murphys CEO Ken C. Calwell

Ken C. Calwell

Pros
  • Store hours are perfect for high school students, and they have a very flexible schedule (in 10 reviews)

• pretty easy job overall, especially while working through college (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no actual training time is devoted to new employees (in 4 reviews)

• Have to work saturdays if a manager, not a lot of room for advancement if already a manager (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

exciting

Prosworking with co-workers, meeting new people, advancements

Consgetting co-workers to listen, hours, no time off

Old fashioned business model but great place to start out

Shift Lead (Former Employee) Woodinville, WA

ProsHalf off pizza if you had high enough sales of sides.

ConsPressure to up sell customers with unreasonable expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet the 21st century, it's here!

Easy and enjoyable work environment.

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) Gahanna, OH

ProsFun and easy to work there.

ConsI worked at a franchise, and unfortunately I was supposed to be on a minimum 25K salary, but was making $6.85/hr.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in with franchises and perform quality assurance on employees and their work environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly place to work

Anonymous (Former Employee) Stockton, CA

ProsClean work environment and doesn't stay open too late, which is great for a personal life while working in the food industry.

ConsNot much room to climb the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Great company to work for with a great product

General Manager (Current Employee) Iowa City, IA

ProsCareer opportunuties and flexibility of hours plus they make you feel empowered and like family

ConsMy lack of experience as a manager made me feel inadequate, but the were verry helpful in their training program

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to develop managers

Fun people to work it, I enjoy the job but also can be physically demanding at times.

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Cedar Falls, IA

ProsFun people, fun job, mostly good customers

ConsPhysical labor, corporate making big changes at once that both employees and customers are not happy about

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a good thing. They should either ask their employees what to do or actually work in a store for a week and see how it is

Decent Job For Students Experienced Owners are great Interaction with customers Being recognized by customers

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Casa Grande, AZ

ProsThe job isn't difficult
    Co-workers are usually fun
    Good for students

ConsNew ownership happens frequently
    New owners often make the transition difficult on current employees
    Sometimes dealing with picky/rude people

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain owners better instead of just selling 'the dream' so that they are useful and understand how the business works instead of confused, alone, stressed and in the way of the experienced staff.

Not a good Job

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat for Kids, Great place to make life long connections, Good first job.

ConsThe corporation is more fixated on how little they can pay out, than they are on how profitable they can be. They have no sense of employee retention. and instead of terminating, they suspend you for two weeks, sometimes without proper reasoning, and hand you your final check on your first day back. really not a good place to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your store managers adequately. Also, nobody should be running a company store individually. Pay out the bonuses promised to managers. don't tell your subordinates to "Figure it out" when they tell you they have worked 70 hours on an accounted 35 hour week.

Cheap owner

ProsMet great coworkers and management
    Flexible hours since they hire a bunch of part time people to ensure people can cover each other

Conshard to get full time
    no growth
    cheap owner, cut corners, did not turn on a/c
    treated employees bad
    everything depends on your owner

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen your owners better to ensure they are managing stores correctly and not shaming your company

It's a very fast paced environment

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Saint George, UT

ProsThe coworkers are like family and it's a fun to interact with customers. The day goes by pretty quickly when your busy

ConsThere's not much room for advancement, once you become a shift leader there's nothing more you can achieve. You only get one or two raises in a year and both were very minimum

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining is fast and easy, but if you don't catch on within the first month they consider letting you go.

Worked for Papa Murphys? Contribute to the Community!