Papa Murphys

Updated February 23, 2015
3.1

Papa Murphys CEO Ken C. Calwell
Ken C. Calwell

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, easy to request time off, other employee's are generally fun to be around (in 12 reviews)

• Great for Kids, Great place to make life long connections, Good first job (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no actual training time is devoted to new employees (in 5 reviews)

• Have to work saturdays if a manager, not a lot of room for advancement if already a manager (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

it was very exciting

I worked at Papa Murphys full-time

Pros

there are alot of pros

Cons

There are not that many cons

do not hire someone that will get fired soon

It's the easiest food service job out there.

I have been working at Papa Murphys

Pros

Once you prove yourself you get better hours,

Owners are real nice, as is corporate. Open late /close early.

Cons

If you're an opener, plan on going all day without eating unless you bring something before.

min wage for managerial work.

Give keyholders a raise, even if its just a small one, would help.

Growing company!

I worked at Papa Murphys

Pros

Best pizza for the value.

Cons

Rapid growth caused too many people to leave.

More supportive to "seasoned" employees.

Great Company!

I worked at Papa Murphys

Pros

Company is a great place to work. Customers, Coworkers and Managers are great.

Cons

No problems at all while working here.

None. They are great

Horrible bosses.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Decatur, IL
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Decatur, IL

I worked at Papa Murphys part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at this place you have to learn to do every job. All the different cleaning, how to make the sides, desserts, and pizzas, phones, and register. So overall you will get experience. Plus you get half off pizza and sides for the days you work.

Cons

They will throw you everywhere that is needed. In the middle of a pizza you will have to answer phones or many other things. They are serious on time, pizzas out in 4 minutes for everyone. They expect you to rush everything but for it to be perfect. I was not trained on everything and they would get upset by that. Here you cannot get an attitude, with anyone, that's the quickest way to get fired. A few in management are horrible. I'd literally get bullied by them, and if I was to say something back they would tell the owners on me and I would possibly get fired. Some management will abuse their power and if they don't like you, you will know it. You could be one of the best workers there but if you don't immediately hit it off with certain people they will make your experience horrible.

Take the time to train them in everything, properly. Not by someone who is rushing and doesn't care to show them the correct way. Be considerate of others feelings, and beware of who you leave in charge when not there.

Decent high school or college job

Former Employee - Crew Member in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Papa Murphys part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Workload is pretty easy, 50% off delicious pizza and can customize items from menu how you like it, decent customer service experience, no actual cooking since it is take n bake

Cons

Poor compensation unless you have been there a LONG time, little chance for advancement since each store is so small and generally only has 10-20 employees depending on location

Have pay bumps more frequently even if they are small in order to retain employees

A very friendly environment although i did butt heads with a few of my coworkers.

I worked at Papa Murphys

Pros

The schedule is very flexible and they are very understanding if you need a few days off. The manager assigned me hours based on my schedule which was very nice.

Cons

My boss although he was a very nice man would constantly play christian rock and as an atheist it got very annoying as time went on. One of my coworkers after finding this out constantly tried to preach and convert me to christianity, and this is not acceptable behavior in a workplace. The management also did not give credit where it was due. I would constantly come in when they needed help and cover for my fellow employees and after a year of working there i still made minimum wage.

GIve people that put a lot of time into the job raises and promotions. Don't hire outside people to do jobs that your employees have been doing the whole time and pay them (outside hires) more for it. Just pay the employees that do the work more and they'll be much happier about it. It's less money to pay out and it bolsters your employees morale rather than destroying it.

Shared Uniforms Stink

Current Employee - Crew Member in Alexandria, MN
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Alexandria, MN

I have been working at Papa Murphys

Pros

Fairly easy job, great team work

Cons

Uniforms may not leave the store. Even though they get cleaned by management, employee's sweat and B.O. get embedded in the shirts which felt nasty during your shifts.

Improve the current employee uniform options

Enjoyable but needs major structure.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duncanville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duncanville, TX

I have been working at Papa Murphys

Pros

It's an enjoyable non traditional pizzeria job. The average customer is really friendly and very appreciative of employees effort/work. It's easy to learn, the physical labor involved is just enough to be manageable without being overwhelming. Explaining how the overall concept of take and bake works along with how much more product they get can be fun and fulfilling. Easy to manage and maintain with proper crew.

Cons

No training materials used even though they are available. Owner can be scatter brained, forgets to bring supplies that are important to store functionality. Gives management level duties out but does not compensate for position/title. Brand new store, odd location, struggling business, fly by the seat of your pants training methods. (Employees have yet to be fully informed of store/company policies) It seems like there's always something that's changed since the last change in procedure/training method taught.

Delegate duties to store managers so it's less hectic. Compensate employees fairly for the position filled and extent of duties. Have reasonable expectations for weekly required hours, employees have an important life outside of work as well as what they do on the clock. Have a manual for each position filled so employees are able to reference it to answer routine questions.

Great job for students.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Papa Murphys part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company is very flexible with their scheduling. They are willing to work around school schedules, etc. The people who you work with are all very close and the management is wonderful.

Cons

Gosh I really can't think of a con when it comes to this company. I guess one thing that was a little off is the amount of people working in one store. I was sent home early often because we had so many people working at one time.

Papa Murphys Photos