Papa Murphys

Updated September 6, 2014
2.9

Papa Murphys CEO Ken C. Calwell
Ken C. Calwell

Pros
  • Store hours are perfect for high school students, and they have a very flexible schedule (in 10 reviews)

• pretty easy job overall, especially while working through college (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no actual training time is devoted to new employees (in 4 reviews)

• Have to work saturdays if a manager, not a lot of room for advancement if already a manager (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Manager

I have been working at Papa Murphys part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get a discount on pizza, really flexible hours for high school and college age students, and easy to get time off.

Cons

Everything. High expectations for a minimum wage job, prep everything that goes on the pizza. Our store the owners were mainly only interested in their own profit.

Pay employees more and give benefits.

Easy Job with Some Great People

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Denton, TX

I worked at Papa Murphys part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really flexible schedule that I could take off an entire summer and winter break and still have a job when I return. The work was not very hard and was very laid back.

Cons

It gets really slow sometimes. It was also hard to get a raise and grow with the company. The corporate office dictates without any regard for if it is possible.

Listen to the little people and give them the opportunity to grow.

The people that work there are very nice.

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Enid, OK
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Enid, OK

I worked at Papa Murphys part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone there will be your friend and leaving that place is one of the hardest things ever, and just seeing customers and a lot of times we made there day.

Cons

Honestly I felt like the manager favors some of the people over other people, for example she favors Anastasia because she basically lived with her.

Treat everyone equal, because they have told me myself and they all agree you do favor some people over some people. take the time and actually talked to them and not get so mad easily. And saying you have to go on a smoke break to calm you down because you are staring to become mad.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easiest and favorite job!

I have been working at Papa Murphys

Pros

Laid back! Owners are awesome! Decent hours if you aren't a manager. Training was easy. Great discounts on pizza. Great for a high school or college student they work with your schedule without any trouble.

Cons

Can be stressful during the rush and dealing with upset customers. Other than that go read the pros again it's a great job. Really no cons just getting in my twenty words.

Keep up the awesome work!

It was a good first job.

Former Employee - Crew Member (Being Promoted)  in  Alexandria, MN
    Former Employee - Crew Member (Being Promoted) in Alexandria, MN

I worked at Papa Murphys part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a good starting job.
    The people there are usually accepting.
    It's super easy - anyone can do it.

Cons

The pay was bad and it was nearly impossible to get a raise. I started at $7.35 and ended at $7.48. I worked there for 2 years.
    No tats/piercings.
    It was dull and repetitive and I came home smelling like meat. Every day. And not good smelling meat. Like, meat that's been sitting out for a while. And it gets under your nails through even the gloves. GROSS.

Appreciate your employees a little better.

Good first job

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Janesville, WI

I have been working at Papa Murphys part-time for more than a year

Pros

Store hours are perfect for high school students, and they have a very flexible schedule! Training is very personal and hands on!!

Cons

Management is very bias and picks favorites (coming from a "favorite). Will talk behind your back but never address any issues they have with you to you personally. Raises are very rare, been working two years with one 50 cent raise.

Used to be great, but recent changes in upper management have put profit before people.

I have been working at Papa Murphys full-time

Pros

Teaches strong work ethic if you are capable. Great ops documentation. Instructions on how to do your job on the walls (though noone else reads them). Some of the best pizza around, and it's either cheap or free for you depending on where you work. Quality fresh ingredients.

Cons

They pay peanuts. Raises used to be more realistic, and good people could make enough to get by. Now, after a huge restructure of upper management, the immediate bottom line is placed before all other considerations, and people are treated as tools to be rewarded as little as possible, regardless of experience, tenure, or results. The little guys (managers, area supervisors, and in store employees, you know, the ones bringing in all the money) will be used and abused while the big wigs will line their pockets.

Consider investing in your strong people. This may lead to less profit this year, but massive profit in coming years. You teach us to be proactive, but lack that capability yourselves.

Papa murphy's was a nice change of environment and it helped me to adapt quickly to changing needs

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Murray, UT
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Murray, UT

I have been working at Papa Murphys part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a really good leaning environment. The time off policy is good, the values are good, and the management is very willing to work with my personal needs.

Cons

Very fast paced and dealing with customers can be a bit difficult.

general manager

I worked at Papa Murphys

Pros

store hours were great, I had a life outside of work

Cons

working alone to do a lot of prep

pay your employees what their worth

Manager

Former Employee - Manager  in  Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Rochester, MN

I worked at Papa Murphys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Managing this store is easy. The work is not too stressful unless it happens to be really busy. I enjoyed the consistent daytime schedule.

Cons

No room for advancement. Franchise was family owned and practiced extreme nepotism. Pay was not competitive to other management positions in the industry.

Quit

Worked for Papa Murphys? Contribute to the Community!