Paper Source Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Sally Pofcher

Pros
  • Good place if your looking for entry level work (in 3 reviews)

• As a worker, you have to dig deep to find it within you to punch up the creative & customer service skills needed for a job like this (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing very fast, although the infrastructure may not be there to handle such swift growth (in 3 reviews)

• Now, there is little or no training and compensation is their already barely-above-minimum-wage rate (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Wonderful Place to Work

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Paper Source full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing which means there is a lot of room for you to grow too! They believe in investing in their people so that promotions can come from within! Upper management and home office is incredibly supportive and makes you feel valued. By far the best company I've ever worked for!

Cons

Health care benefits are a bit lack-luster. Definitely pay more out of pocket for coverage than any other place I've worked - but that comes with working for a smaller company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - thank you for empowering your people so that we can empower our customers!

Jun 1, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback, we are thrilled to hear of your positive feedback and certainly will share the benefit information with the appropriate leaders here in HQ. We have made some great ... More

Fun work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Paper Source part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun, supportive leaders. Opportunities to display creativity. The store has very fun products which makes it enjoyable to show to customers. You also get an employee discount ;)

Cons

very short work shifts. Working part time, I had to push very hard to get a 4 or 5 hour shift instead of the regular 3 hour shift.

Advice to Management

I had a great time working here. I wish they could have been more accommodating with my schedule and long commute. I also did not like that we had trainings on Sunday when the store was closed, as it conflicted with my religious worship.

Jul 24, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thanks for your feedback. Retail scheduling is a combined effort and about ensuring the right coverage to accomodate our customers during peak times. While we certainly look at associate schedules ... More

Manager

Current Employee - Sale Lead
    Current Employee - Sale Lead

I have been working at Paper Source full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the products, love the design of the store and the chance to train and encourage coworkers

Cons

Getting hired was way too complicated and felt Like pulling teeth. A lengthy process that really shouldn't take so long. Recruited was super nice but seems unable to make decisions and would set time frames that were not followed. I should have just said forget it but I really wanted to work for paper source.

Advice to Management

You probably lose a lot of great candidates due to the the chaos at the hiring level. I was really surprised that there were so many openings and no really push to get the stores staffed. I needed more decisions to be made and more help and it just wasn't there.

Jul 24, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. We are happy to see you love the store and your team. Paper Source takes great pride in ensuring the right candidates are hired and we do not ... More

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Alhambra, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Alhambra, CA

I worked at Paper Source (Less than a year)

Pros

Paper Source allows you to work in a creative environment.

Cons

The company is going through some obvious growing pains. I am sure that it will balance out in the future.

Customer Service Associate

I worked at Paper Source part-time

Pros

Wonderful work environment! Creative space allows for a unique experience with every customer. Work is enjoyable.

Cons

Not much advancement opportunities through corporate.

Great Company

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in University City, St. Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in University City, St. Louis, MO

I worked at Paper Source (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment. Flexible work hours. Great co-workers.

Cons

Lack of training. Lack of communication. Not enough work hours per week.

Jun 24, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank your for your feedack and glad to hear you liked our environment. I would have encouraged you to reach out regarding training and communication. We have a very structured training program for ... More

It's okay... not great, but not bad.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Highland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Highland Park, IL

I have been working at Paper Source full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the crafty environment! So many tools to work with, and so many crafty people to talk to. The tasks aren't difficult, and usually easily accomplished within a day. The custom printing is one of my favorite aspects - being able to help someone create their dream invitation and bring it to life.

Cons

There are a LOT of tasks to do. At my particular location, we are always on a skeleton crew. It's very difficult to get tasks done in a timely manner, only because at most times, the two (yes, TWO) people on the floor, which includes myself, are swamped with customers. I don't know how I can manage to update signage, make a hundred fliers, get a workshop together and prepared, reach out to customers X, Y, and Z regarding matter A, B, and C, while also trying to help the six people shopping who all need time-intensive help. I have no assistance, and the training was mediocre, at best.

Advice to Management

We need more people... and better training. The amount of staff that doesn't know (or care to know?) about certain tasks is astounding. If I'm not busy trying to help customers, I'm busy trying to help the staff with tasks that they should know better than I do, considering their length of employment, versus my own.

Jun 24, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thanks for your feedack, I will share this with the appropriate leadership.

Great Company

I have been working at Paper Source

Pros

30% discount for employees; fun, engaging, and creative work environment

Cons

Not much room for growth

Jun 10, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Glad to hear you are having a fun and engaging time. I am sure the customers love coming into your store. Thank you for your feedback!

10. Great Place To Be!

I have been working at Paper Source

Pros

Great company, Great people, Great work environment!

Cons

None that I can think of

Jun 16, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thanks for the great feedback.

11. Best job I've ever had!!

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Paper Source full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great to be a part of a company that values your opinion and where you matter as a individual. I have seen tremendous growth in my team in the past year and seeing the difference in our efforts to better customer service and expand the knowledge of our sales associate through corporate directed initiatives in training and being inspired by our region in creative sip challenges has my team buzzing with excitement! What better way to challenge the team to do something creative everyday. Where else can you get that! Having a HQ that partners with stores and understands and values the store above themselves is commendable. I am proud to be part of this exciting and innovative company whose real attitude is "people first"

Cons

Competition for hiring is high so hiring the right candidate is tough when you need to do it quickly so not to lose out on great people who are both crafty and has the passion for people and great service. But once they are in and the catch the fever, they are hooked!

Jun 10, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Excellent to hear and the passion for your teams growth is inspiring. Keep up the great job.

RSS Feed </> Embed