Pappas Restaurants

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris Pappas

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun fast paced restaurant.

Office Ainistrator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou can make good money fast with a group of people that are fun.

ConsWell it is a restaurant

Great Training (Pappas Burger)

Server (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAmazing training, superb managers, always helping. I worked for the summer after high school and it was an incredible place to learn about the restaurant business. They value merit and hard work, as shown through weekly awards and acknowledgments. The employee discount is only about 20%, but you quickly figure out ways to economically get a tasty dinner to eat after work.

ConsThere are weird hours: as a newbie/kid you will often end up closing and staying until up to an hour after your end hour. Without building a report with the general manager, promotion is very difficult.

Good place to work

Line Server (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI worked at a Pappas restaurant inside an airport for a month and it was honestly a decent job. Of course there was a lot of work to be done but the staff and managers were friendly and helpful

ConsThere weren't really any cons to working here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good family owned business.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexible work schedules depending on the manager.
    Main Office has a gym and personal trainer.
    Gift card funding for managers and Main Office employees.
    Job stability seems higher than with other companies during recession.

Cons401k plan has limited matching funds.

One of the best "corporate" type restaurant companies to work for.

Server/Trainer Bartender (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey have one of the best training programs for first time servers, They promote only from within. Very flexible for students. Great money and managed well! If you want to mess around and make only 50 dollars a night, go work at Chili's! They may be a little strict, but the money is good.

ConsSometimes they over staff the restaurant and will only give servers a max of 3 tables. Still only paying servers the bare minimum of 2.13 an hour (in TX).

Flexible, comfortable place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey are very flexible & understanding with schedules, laid back work environment. Great people, have made many good friends here.

ConsIn the restaurants they are all about career development and advancement. However, If you are looking for advancement (with the Main Office), you'll be disappointed. There's no where to advance to, and they don't encourage it. Therefore, we lose several ambitious young employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp young employees grow their careers. You may have hired a 20-something for an entry level position, but they aren't going to want to stay entry level forever!

Good company to work for,but subpar management

Server (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat training provided
    Potential for good pay
    Easy to move up in the company
    Great benefits

ConsManagement is not always trained properly to manage employees
    Micro managed
    Management has lack of sympathy

Advice to Senior Managementpracticing employee retention

Great Management

Supervisor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHard working staff. Promoted fast based on how well you do and how hard you work. Fun interactive managers

ConsCan be long hours sometimes. But staff is fun to work with.

Rich in culture, driven for excellence

Senior Back of the House Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent management training program that utilizes your strengths to help put you in a position that is most beneficial for the guests and employees.

ConsIt is very easy to get over-looked and under-recognized... At times it wasn't about the results, but if you were working enough hours. Reviews were sometimes very biased and ambiguous.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities for those with higher abilities of analytical and critical thinking skills, as opposed to mundane day-to-day chores would be nice.

Great staff, fun atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe employees at Pappas are friendly and welcoming. Management is always approachable and rewards those who work to make the restaurant a success. Very fun atmosphere, it was a joy to go to work

ConsNone - overall great experience.

Worked for Pappas Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!