Pappasito's Cantina

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christopher J. Pappas

I have grown a lot as a person with this company

Floor Manager (Current Employee) DFW, TX

ProsIt's pretty flexible but still pretty demanding.

ConsCan be very stressful, with unrealistic expectations.

Insightful!!!

Anonymous (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThere is room for movement within the company. On the job thorough training.

ConsLanguage barrier sometimes can gender an employee.

Didn't like it there.

Server (Former Employee)

ProsNo pros could be found.

ConsVery clicky mostly immature kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the kitchen.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great coworkers lots of work

Server (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgood money very busy great people to work with everybody is friendly

Consyou have to do everything managers pick favorites opportunities for advancement if you are favorite, you pay tip pool but at the end of night you have to buss you own tables bartenders are very very mean (houston tx I-10 and beltway 8) kitchen managers are very stressfull you have to pay to get a shift covered . bad place to work worst ever!!!

Advice to Senior Managementstop being stressed nobody is going to die

it's a job. Great Co-workers

Server (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThe co-workers as well as the store managers are great. They work very well with your schedule (school, second job, etc.). Lots of opportunity to move up if you work hard enough. Depending on how good of a server you are, there is a lot of potential to make decent money. The longer you work at a certain store the better shifts you will get. Fast paced.

ConsMicromanaged for sure, witnessed a concept leader literally looking over a supervisor's shoulder while the supervisor was working in the kitchen. Supervisors are taken advantage of, they are stressed out all the time. Requesting off is a hassle. When you are starting out they will give you shifts that they have open, not necessarily the "money making" shifts. Job gets harder once QA season comes around.

Advice to Senior ManagementStore Managers/Supervisors: You guys are doing a great job. Y'all need an award.
    Concept Leaders +: acknowledge your servers, bussers, etc, don't just ignore them.

LOT of WORK

Waitress (Former Employee) Sugar Land, TX

ProsPlenty of opportunity to pick up shifts.
    Extensive training.
    Some managers are easy to work with.
    Papps can be flexible. I had a health issue that caused me to take several doctors apts and the managers were very understanding.

ConsYou do EVERYTHING. You are responsible for greeting your table, get drinks, get chips & salsa, take order, enter order, run food to table, refills, and everything from there on.
    It's hard work and managers have screwed me out of a good money night. From what I understand that can happen at a lot of restaurants.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and weed out the bad managers. It's hard work for not a lot of money some nights.

Great place to work

Server (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMake great money and great management

ConsHours are typical restaurant hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more perks even if they are small to your employees. Just a more discounted meal or something.

It was a great experience, I learned a lot.

Server (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood people to work with, Awesome managers and the training they give is the best.

ConsNone for me, The restaurant is in great condition, friendly people and hard working management there's nothing to complain about. Good job experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up the good work.

It has been very pleasant for me

Server (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood opportunity to make decent money while in school

ConsA lot of politics with managers

Management Challenges

Server (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFlexible with shift scheduling
    Rewards people who have worked for a long time

ConsLow tips in the area
    Frequent issues with management

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish a stronger management base and bring back down extremely high prices. Lack of competitiveness assured by prices in other, nearby Austin staples.
    Be more aware of appropriate compensation levels since it is much easier to make the same/higher amount for servers working at other, nearby stores with Pappasito's training and experience. Remember the value of retention over training

Worked for Pappasito's Cantina? Contribute to the Community!