Paraco Gas Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Joseph Armentano

1. An exciting, challenging career working with bright and energized people.

Pros

A stable and growing, privately-owned company concerned about and committed to the welfare of their employees and customer satisfaction. All my colleagues are gracious, professional, helpful and friendly. There is no tolerance for a negative attitude here. Management strives to hold its employees to their highest standards and to give them the tools necessary for upward mobility and success.

Cons

I cannot find any cons at this time

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employees and ensure there are open communications in a fear-free environment.

2. paraco

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time

Pros

great manager and supervisor who always help you out, good coworkers that make sure you do things right

Cons

absolutely no room for growth, no incentives to go above bare minimum work necessary,

Evolving but going back to some basics to benefit our customersand employees; it is getting better but it takes time

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and the people we work with are like family. I cannot say that there are many days where you do not hear laughter in our office, while everyone is working hard and taking care of our customers. New employee liason is working well with all levels of employees and listening to concerns but also listening to positive feedback and suggestions. Increased management visits to remote locations is helping with making sure we have all employees on the same page.

Cons

Need to continue to improve on employee and customer cummincation as well as continue with increased training. We do alot of outside hiring for upper management postions and there is currently no management training programs that would benefit the company for years to come.

Advice to Management

Listen, listen, listen to your CSRs and Fieldsman, they are the front line to our customers. Provote from within where possible and also don't hold on to people who are just not making the cut. Continue and increase community involvement. cumminication and employee interactions.

******Management Team Rocks********

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rye Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rye Brook, NY

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management truly cares about its employees and its customers. Company brings in new technology rather steadily to improve employees performance which ultimately improves the quality of service our customers expect. Growing pains - yes, but management has a grasp on the growth and is committed to the company's success. Company offers great benefits and incentives which reward top performers!

Cons

Change is viewed by some as a negative but the company is willing to work with those who are have a difficult time with it! Very busy offices and have not completely "right sized" their staffing levels.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing and rewarding your top performers. Have great ideas but must give everyone time to get on board for proper execution. Never forget our roots!

6. Paraco Gas, my place of employment for over 10 years, has allowed me to grow professionally, as the company has!

Current Employee - Manager of Special Projects in Saugerties, NY
    Current Employee - Manager of Special Projects in Saugerties, NY

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Starting as a location branch manager, I have benefited from the opportunities that Paraco's expansion and acquisitions have allowed. The owners, and upper management all the way down to the field and office personnel have always been some of the most professional and customer focused people that I have had the pleasure to work with.

Cons

The largest challenge has been the growth from a small regional retail marketer to a much larger brand and customer base organization. With that said, everyone is involved with ensuring that the culture and core values that our founder, Pat Armentano, began the company with are upheld. This is a great challenge to have and I am proud to work alongside people that care and are striving for the same goal.

Advice to Management

Feedback is vitally important from all areas within the organization. As WE expand and improve, communication is the key. Always continue to listen.

7. Horrible no training

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bay Shore, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bay Shore, NY

I worked at Paraco Gas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location was close to home

Cons

The lack of training and communication caused alot of disfunction as well as the very low level of professionalism in the office.

Advice to Management

Hire people who can handle the manager title who will have there employees trained and will carry themselves in the manor of manager and not friend .To many employees are comfortable as well as coming into work looking like they just rolled out of bed down to the employees never being trained and just thrown out on the floor without any formal training.I worked there for months and was never even given an employee handbook nor any orm of training materia its wrong when an emoloyee asks a questionnthey get talked to like crap or like there bothering someone .They dont care attitude will be the absoloute downfall of this company its a shame they provide a service and the customers have to be lied to constantly about there deliveries and nobody cares.

8. A good place to work

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Expectations from management are understood as well as being rewarded by hard work and getting the job done. The company listens to good ideas from employees and implements them. A different place from a few years ago and Paraco is headed in the right direction between growth and new opportunities. The company and employees understand the customer comes first.

Cons

Still have some employees who think we should operate the old way but it is changing slowly but surely.

Advice to Management

get better talent and more customer service employees and we will be in great shape

9. A challenging position in a competitive industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saugerties, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saugerties, NY

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company seems to be financially stable and headed in the right direction. Upper management seems to be dedicated to ensuring the growth of the company. Quality employees in key positions. Management seems to be aware of the need for customer retention and the importance of competitive pricing. The recent new hires in customer service has greatly helped out.

Cons

The communication between branches can sometimes be spotty. Response times to customers during the busy season could probably be improved.

Advice to Management

Recognize your valuable employees and the time and effort they put in for this company. Continue to put emphasis on retaining customers and bringing in new customers. Realize that we have to be competitive in both pricing and response times to customers.

10. Never Again !!

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Peekskill, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Peekskill, NY

Pros

The only reason to work for them is to make money.

Cons

Work like a slave...to make money for the man !

Advice to Management

Get a grip ! Try listening to people in your own organization

RSS Feed </> Embed