Paraco Gas

Joseph Armentano

******Management Team Rocks********

Rye Brook, NY

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time for more than 5 years

ProsManagement truly cares about its employees and its customers. Company brings in new technology rather steadily to improve employees performance which ultimately improves the quality of service our customers expect. Growing pains - yes, but management has a grasp on the growth and is committed to the company's success. Company offers great benefits and incentives which reward top performers!

ConsChange is viewed by some as a negative but the company is willing to work with those who are have a difficult time with it! Very busy offices and have not completely "right sized" their staffing levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep recognizing and rewarding your top performers. Have great ideas but must give everyone time to get on board for proper execution. Never forget our roots!

Paraco Gas, my place of employment for over 10 years, has allowed me to grow professionally, as the company has!

Manager of Special Projects (Current Employee)
Saugerties, NY

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time for more than 8 years

ProsStarting as a location branch manager, I have benefited from the opportunities that Paraco's expansion and acquisitions have allowed. The owners, and upper management all the way down to the field and office personnel have always been some of the most professional and customer focused people that I have had the pleasure to work with.

ConsThe largest challenge has been the growth from a small regional retail marketer to a much larger brand and customer base organization. With that said, everyone is involved with ensuring that the culture and core values that our founder, Pat Armentano, began the company with are upheld. This is a great challenge to have and I am proud to work alongside people that care and are striving for the same goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementFeedback is vitally important from all areas within the organization. As WE expand and improve, communication is the key. Always continue to listen.

Horrible no training

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Bay Shore, NY

I worked at Paraco Gas full-time for less than a year

ProsLocation was close to home

ConsThe lack of training and communication caused alot of disfunction as well as the very low level of professionalism in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who can handle the manager title who will have there employees trained and will carry themselves in the manor of manager and not friend .To many employees are comfortable as well as coming into work looking like they just rolled out of bed down to the employees never being trained and just thrown out on the floor without any formal training.I worked there for months and was never even given an employee handbook nor any orm of training materia its wrong when an emoloyee asks a questionnthey get talked to like crap or like there bothering someone .They dont care attitude will be the absoloute downfall of this company its a shame they provide a service and the customers have to be lied to constantly about there deliveries and nobody cares.

A good place to work

Driver (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExpectations from management are understood as well as being rewarded by hard work and getting the job done. The company listens to good ideas from employees and implements them. A different place from a few years ago and Paraco is headed in the right direction between growth and new opportunities. The company and employees understand the customer comes first.

ConsStill have some employees who think we should operate the old way but it is changing slowly but surely.

Advice to Senior Managementget better talent and more customer service employees and we will be in great shape

A challenging position in a competitive industry.

Saugerties, NY

I have been working at Paraco Gas full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company seems to be financially stable and headed in the right direction. Upper management seems to be dedicated to ensuring the growth of the company. Quality employees in key positions. Management seems to be aware of the need for customer retention and the importance of competitive pricing. The recent new hires in customer service has greatly helped out.

ConsThe communication between branches can sometimes be spotty. Response times to customers during the busy season could probably be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your valuable employees and the time and effort they put in for this company. Continue to put emphasis on retaining customers and bringing in new customers. Realize that we have to be competitive in both pricing and response times to customers.

Never Again !!

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Peekskill, NY

I worked at Paraco Gas

ProsThe only reason to work for them is to make money.

ConsWork like a slave...to make money for the man !

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip ! Try listening to people in your own organization

Worked for Paraco Gas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paraco Gas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paraco Gas CEO Joseph Armentano. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Paraco Gas employees.