Paradies Shops

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014
2.4

Gregg Paradies

great company to work for.

I have been working at Paradies Shops

Pros

dependable management, airport environment keeps things fresh

Cons

likely to work weekends, no fixed schedule

Worst job ever.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA

I worked at Paradies Shops part-time for less than a year

Pros

Tsa gets to grope you everyday

Cons

Almost everything about this job is terrible. the first con was the tsa treating me like a suspected criminal every day, the second was my crazy team leaders. (I had to report to corporate because my team leader actively tried to prevent me from filing a report against an abusive co-worker.) There was such a high turnover rate that every team lead had under a year of experience and had little to no knowledge of the workings of the company. The general manager would consistently forget to inform people of changes to the schedule and appointments and then blame it on the person who was not informed. The schedule is so erratic and random that employees often call in sick after being scheduled for new hours so that they can maintain their regular schedule of only days or only nights. This puts a huge strain on those that answer the phone to cover their shift. My biggest problem with this company is their federally approved monopoly status. Airport prices are not expensive because its the airport, prices are expensive from a lack of a free market and competition

Write stuff down and double check that you informed your employees. Fix the scheduling problems. Lastly give team leaders proper training so that they don't so something illegal for the company because of their ignorance.

The Nazis of Airport Retail

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in DFW, TX

I worked at Paradies Shops full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive starting pay, one the highest in the airport. Great locations, uniforms provided. Great discounts. dus

Cons

Very strict rules. Management doesn't care about you. They consider your job to be easy, so they treat you with no respect. No tolerance. Job is incredibly tedious, they literally pay you to stand up for seven-eight hours and fold t-shirts or dust glass. No sitting down, no eating, no drinking, no cellphone. You're not even allowed to stand in one place, unless you're doing something specific. I was once reprimanded for having my hands in my pockets. Also, you will never go anywhere in this company.

LIghten up. Your employees are not robots.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok Compan

Former Employee - Regional Planner  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Regional Planner in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Paradies Shops full-time for more than a year

Pros

discount was nice and the employees were pretty nice to work with

Cons

the General Managers did not realize that we did not work for them and thought we should be at their beck and call when they needed help in the stores of our base airport. When the GM's did not get their way they pouted.

Great to work for a short time.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Paradies Shops full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of co-workers are great. Managers are helpful for the most part. Good selection of stores

Cons

You rarely get to see any of your co-workers since the stores are spread out. Some of the strict rules can get ridiculous. Uniforms are horrible looking. Airport BS, including badges and going through security.

Provide more socials so that other co-workers can meet each other. A lot of people are strangers.

Don't walk.. Run!

I have been working at Paradies Shops full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Anything will look like a dream job after this.

Cons

Not work-life balance, no growth, policies contradict each other, poor management.

Get the right people at Corporate. Nobody knows what they are doing there.

Good company for short term work

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Paradies Shops part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good co-workers of all age ranges. Benefits are just basic. Compensation used to be $10.00. Most of management are good people and communicate well with employees

Cons

Lowered wages $1.00 and below from the previous $10.00. Strict company rules to uphold. Uniforms are horrible. They usually work with your schedule. Upselling hungry management. Can become EXTREMELY boring in quiet stores.

Be more available to communicate with employees.

Worst company ever

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Paradies Shops full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free uniforms, partially paid MARTA cards or fully paid parking pass at off site parking lot, pay is decent

Cons

Management is horrible; some listened others could care less
    Poor communication
    High Turnover
    HR Manager non responsive and extremely rude

Take a look in the mirror before pointing out faults
    Listen to your team members; they are the glue that holds the organization together

Rewarding and fun for the first several years, frustrating and fear based for the last 2.

I have been working at Paradies Shops full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits and bonus program, helpful and knowledgeable peers and coworkers. Learned a lot about building relationships, product assortments, and growing regional business.

Cons

Upper management focused on catching you doing something wrong, out of touch with what goes on and what can happen day to day in locations and how it impacts accomplishing tasks, IT and POS system very behind the times

Your managers feel that they can never make any mistakes, even very small ones, because they are constantly afraid they are going to lose their jobs. Not everyone would want to live in Atlanta if they want to hold a position outside of field management. The family culture once valued is not evident in the actions and statements from upper management.

Generally the company does a good job depending on the management team

Former Employee - Convenience Manager  in  Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Convenience Manager in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Paradies Shops full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a fast paced business. You are always busy and since you work at the airport, you get to meet a wide variety of people.

Cons

The sick time policy and the attendance policy is very strict. They should be more open to training programs.

Worked for Paradies Shops? Contribute to the Community!