Paragon Development Systems

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
3.4

Asif Naseem

Great opportunities to grow + develop

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems

Pros

-Sr. leadership is transparent and communicative
    -Mgmt supports ongoing education and promotions for team members
    -Holiday party, tech conference and other fun events
    -Competitive pay + benefits

Cons

-Some team members are too nervous about change, although the company continues to grow steadily
    -People who have struggled to manage PDS' "growing pains" have left the company

-Stay transparent and continue to explore fun perks/discounts/events for employee recognition/celebration

Once Great, Now Toxic - Avoid

I worked at Paragon Development Systems full-time

Pros

The only Pro is the few remaining long-term employees who are still there from prior to Private Equity acquisition at the end of 2010. They somehow manage to still carry the torch for the culture and loyalty that once existed when the original founder and CEO / Management Team made the company a Best Place to Work winner. Their numbers are dwindling with each passing year as culture and revenue continue to decline and the hope of a "turn around" seems less and less likely.

Cons

Cons - just about everything. The review from January 20th is clearly from HR in an attempt to counter the numerous negative reviews. It is one of many examples of total lack of honesty, transparency and disconnection from reality that is now the accepted norm there.

Sell the company to an entity that actually understands the VAR business and will invest in it.

Worked there for over 5 years

I worked at Paragon Development Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management was very understanding of outside obligations, and amount of vacation offered was nice.

Cons

No advancement capabilities, you are stuck in the position you are hired to do unless you are extremely lucky and can change departments. Very very very noncompetitive with the pay or salary which is not bridged by the vacation and other benefits.

Management lacked vision and care about retention of employees. New CEO practically destroyed the company with firing a quarter of it and cutting pay and hours on practically all of the rest. I would say make some sort of compensation system, pay better, get less crappy insurance and the rest will work itself out.

Stay away from PDS - this place is career suicide

I worked at Paragon Development Systems

Pros

There are a lot of great people that work for this company, I just cannot figure out why any of them are still there. I think there is a lot of loyalty to the founder and people having been hoping things will turn around for the past three years.

Cons

Executive management is a joke - no one has any experience running a technology company and they are all completely unethical. Watch your back here, do not get on someone's bad side for no reason, you will be forced out! Constant change in strategy has led to round after round of lay-offs.

The one saving grace is putting a new CEO in place in January, 2015. Hopefully he can turn things around.

Potential, but came short of my expectations.

I worked at Paragon Development Systems

Pros

Very nice people. Management and co-workers were very nice and pleasant to work with.

Cons

No introduction to sales group. No technical training for sales in my field. I volunteered several times to train sales, but no official training for sales and no best practices for sales.

Have better training for sales people. Listen to pre-sales engineers.

Chaotic Environment

I worked at Paragon Development Systems

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, some opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Management didn't hire enough people. Help desk was understaffed for the longest time. Employees were overworked and unappreciated.

Keep Help Desks full staffed.

Customer Service Analyst

Current Employee - Service Desk - Tier I Analyst in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Service Desk - Tier I Analyst in Madison, WI

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back for a call center position.

Cons

Management could user more people skills

Management could user more people skills

The people are the saving grace of working at PDS

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time

Pros

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people that are great to work with, and on the technical side there is a lot of variety in the work you do.

Cons

Compared to many other companies the perks and compensation are sub par. The company also seems to view employee retention as an after thought. This company is more of a stepping stone than anywhere I could seem myself having a long term career.

PDS is a fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

PDS provides a great work/life balance for me and it seems that decsiions are made quickly, since there are not multiple layers of middle management. The company is adding some community based events for employees this year, which is great! The Managers at PDS are great communicators and regarded highly by the employees here.

Cons

Sometimes there does not seem to be a defined career path, but I see that changing this year, as the employees have been heard! There will be a lot of progress in this area this year with employees having a better understanding of advancement opportunities and training.

Excellent place to work! Culture is fantastic!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

PDS has an excellent opportunity for all employees to grow professionally, and awesome training opportunities. The work/life balance is 2nd to none, and truly rewards/values their employees. Mid-management does a good job of keeping moral high and has become increasingly more communicative. PDS has great IT offerings and a cutting edge cloud product.

Cons

Communication with senior leadership can be wishy-washy at times. While overall company vision and direction has taken form over the past 6 months, it feels as though a true solid mission/purpose statement is needed.

Continue to make strides to increase company direction and focus. Cross-product/service training would be helpful as well to be sure all employees can speak intelligently about everything PDS offers.