Paragon Development Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paragon Development Systems CEO Dr. Jonathan Ravdin

Dr. Jonathan Ravdin

PDS is a fantastic place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brookfield, WI

ProsPDS provides a great work/life balance for me and it seems that decsiions are made quickly, since there are not multiple layers of middle management. The company is adding some community based events for employees this year, which is great! The Managers at PDS are great communicators and regarded highly by the employees here.

ConsSometimes there does not seem to be a defined career path, but I see that changing this year, as the employees have been heard! There will be a lot of progress in this area this year with employees having a better understanding of advancement opportunities and training.

Excellent place to work! Culture is fantastic!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsPDS has an excellent opportunity for all employees to grow professionally, and awesome training opportunities. The work/life balance is 2nd to none, and truly rewards/values their employees. Mid-management does a good job of keeping moral high and has become increasingly more communicative. PDS has great IT offerings and a cutting edge cloud product.

ConsCommunication with senior leadership can be wishy-washy at times. While overall company vision and direction has taken form over the past 6 months, it feels as though a true solid mission/purpose statement is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make strides to increase company direction and focus. Cross-product/service training would be helpful as well to be sure all employees can speak intelligently about everything PDS offers.

Exceptional people and company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people and great talent. Good pay and very flexible. Also very aware of family time and balancing a hectic work schedule.

ConsCurrently going through some significant change and new leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of the key employees and reward them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Probably was great to work for but now rudderless

ProsGreat technical staff
    Coworkers are solid
    People in general get along well, work hard play hard.
    Pay is ok.

ConsPrivate equity has swung the company around quite a bit. Their focus on profitability has resulted in their business model had to change but they've been changing for years now. The addition of the company to the firms suite of other IT companies leads to interesting times. I would genuinely have a good back up plan if joining or at least know what you are trying to get out of this job.
    Benefits are so so.

It is okay place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFor the most part there are a lot of great people who work with you.

ConsThe company does not really appreciate its employees. It does not give rises even cost of living. It is hard to advance unless you on the good side of management and are in a well visible job. They have no loyalty to employees that been there for years.

Advice to Senior Managementget to know your staff....

Fantastic organization with good leadership and incredible flexibility

ProsThey highly respect personal and family time. Managers make a point to thank and appreciate quality employees. Compensation is fair and negotiable.

ConsVery little to express here. Nothing of any significance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the good work.

Opportunity to Improve

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oconomowoc, WI

ProsPeople demonstrate incredible loyalty and support for clients and each other. Constantly exposed to dynamic industry and blue chip clients.

ConsCurrent executive leadership has replaced passion and purpose with strategy and profits. Remember relationships with clients built foundation of success.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that people provide the fuel for executing the strategy. Strip away purpose and you strip away the motivation to accomplish something great.

Always a changing environment, like most integrators, we reinvent ourselves every three or four years.

Engineer (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThere are many clients you will experience and we use cutting edge technology. The company is heavy on vmware deployments, but also support Cisco, Microsoft, and Citrix technologies

ConsMiddle management changes too quickly for technical people to be noticed as valued employees. There is not a clear path for people to move up the ladder. You have to grab the position if you want it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirection and vision of company leadership is not always clear. This vision tends to change too often.

Continually evolving technology company in a major growth mode with some exciting key initiatives and great culture.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brookfield, WI

ProsI love working at PDS because the company has a great story to tell about their evolution, growth and future plans based on what their customers need. I get to work with amazingly bright and innovative people on a daily basis that strive for excellence and are extremely creative and hard-working.

ConsI wish the company had a 401k match, although there is a dicretionary year end bonus that can be added to your 401k.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership within the organization does a great job of conveying important messages to the staff - keep up the good work!

PDS is a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oconomowoc, WI

ProsThere is a true sense of community where everyone matters.

Conssome of the benefits are lacking

Worked for Paragon Development Systems? Contribute to the Community!