Paragon Development Systems

Updated August 4, 2014
3.9

Paragon Development Systems CEO Dr. Jonathan Ravdin
Dr. Jonathan Ravdin

PDS is a fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PDS provides a great work/life balance for me and it seems that decsiions are made quickly, since there are not multiple layers of middle management. The company is adding some community based events for employees this year, which is great! The Managers at PDS are great communicators and regarded highly by the employees here.

Cons

Sometimes there does not seem to be a defined career path, but I see that changing this year, as the employees have been heard! There will be a lot of progress in this area this year with employees having a better understanding of advancement opportunities and training.

The people are the saving grace of working at PDS

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time

Pros

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people that are great to work with, and on the technical side there is a lot of variety in the work you do.

Cons

Compared to many other companies the perks and compensation are sub par. The company also seems to view employee retention as an after thought. This company is more of a stepping stone than anywhere I could seem myself having a long term career.

Excellent place to work! Culture is fantastic!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

PDS has an excellent opportunity for all employees to grow professionally, and awesome training opportunities. The work/life balance is 2nd to none, and truly rewards/values their employees. Mid-management does a good job of keeping moral high and has become increasingly more communicative. PDS has great IT offerings and a cutting edge cloud product.

Cons

Communication with senior leadership can be wishy-washy at times. While overall company vision and direction has taken form over the past 6 months, it feels as though a true solid mission/purpose statement is needed.

Continue to make strides to increase company direction and focus. Cross-product/service training would be helpful as well to be sure all employees can speak intelligently about everything PDS offers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exceptional people and company

I worked at Paragon Development Systems full-time

Pros

Great people and great talent. Good pay and very flexible. Also very aware of family time and balancing a hectic work schedule.

Cons

Currently going through some significant change and new leadership.

Be aware of the key employees and reward them.

Probably was great to work for but now rudderless

I worked at Paragon Development Systems

Pros

Great technical staff
    Coworkers are solid
    People in general get along well, work hard play hard.
    Pay is ok.

Cons

Private equity has swung the company around quite a bit. Their focus on profitability has resulted in their business model had to change but they've been changing for years now. The addition of the company to the firms suite of other IT companies leads to interesting times. I would genuinely have a good back up plan if joining or at least know what you are trying to get out of this job.
    Benefits are so so.

It is okay place to work

I worked at Paragon Development Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For the most part there are a lot of great people who work with you.

Cons

The company does not really appreciate its employees. It does not give rises even cost of living. It is hard to advance unless you on the good side of management and are in a well visible job. They have no loyalty to employees that been there for years.

get to know your staff....

Fantastic organization with good leadership and incredible flexibility

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems

Pros

They highly respect personal and family time. Managers make a point to thank and appreciate quality employees. Compensation is fair and negotiable.

Cons

Very little to express here. Nothing of any significance.

Continue the good work.

Opportunity to Improve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oconomowoc, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oconomowoc, WI

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time

Pros

People demonstrate incredible loyalty and support for clients and each other. Constantly exposed to dynamic industry and blue chip clients.

Cons

Current executive leadership has replaced passion and purpose with strategy and profits. Remember relationships with clients built foundation of success.

Understand that people provide the fuel for executing the strategy. Strip away purpose and you strip away the motivation to accomplish something great.

Always a changing environment, like most integrators, we reinvent ourselves every three or four years.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Madison, WI

Pros

There are many clients you will experience and we use cutting edge technology. The company is heavy on vmware deployments, but also support Cisco, Microsoft, and Citrix technologies

Cons

Middle management changes too quickly for technical people to be noticed as valued employees. There is not a clear path for people to move up the ladder. You have to grab the position if you want it.

Direction and vision of company leadership is not always clear. This vision tends to change too often.

Continually evolving technology company in a major growth mode with some exciting key initiatives and great culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems

Pros

I love working at PDS because the company has a great story to tell about their evolution, growth and future plans based on what their customers need. I get to work with amazingly bright and innovative people on a daily basis that strive for excellence and are extremely creative and hard-working.

Cons

I wish the company had a 401k match, although there is a dicretionary year end bonus that can be added to your 401k.

Leadership within the organization does a great job of conveying important messages to the staff - keep up the good work!

Worked for Paragon Development Systems? Contribute to the Community!