Paragon Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paragon Solutions President and CEO Dan O'Connor

Dan O'Connor

Paragon Solutions a great place to start.

Migration Analyst (Former Employee) Plymouth Meeting, PA

ProsFor anyone new to the project management or business analytics field signing on with an agency is a good option. As a source for development agencies offer a range of projects to satisfy client demands. As such, Paragon Solutions works with medium to large corporations by supplying projects with talent to match objectives.

ConsThis is no la-di-da position. Once a part of the Paragon family be prepared to hit the ground running. This is not a con, more so a heads up to be prepared. If not, you will be counted out of the project. Paragon requires skilled analysts to drive the requests of organizations poised for success.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good job. Acquiring good, strong and seasoned talent enables your organization to make its mark as a provider of solutions.

For the most part a nice company to work for.....

ProsOverall, they are a nice company to work for. Having the right manager makes it better. Always paid on time and pretty good health benefits.

ConsSeem to have outdated processes and an old school way of thinking. They do not invest much in Employee training and are not usually able to give raises to accomodate cost of living increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to new ideas.

Paragon

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plymouth Meeting, PA

ProsExcellent, very supporting consulting company

ConsNone, they were very understanding

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consulting and Systems Integration

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMostly on-site project work providing opportunities for varied industries and client interaction experience. Colleagues have a "Team" attitude and are very helpful.

ConsSome projects are of short duration, so there is not much time or room for promotions, salary increases. New projects and resource allocations seem to be a constant struggle for the home office.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know staff skills and abilities; performance reviews would be helpful upon project termination.

Two years removed

Principal Consultant (Former Employee) Cranford, NJ

ProsCan't think of any right now.

ConsI just wanted to mention that I'm not the only one that feels company is going down hill. I worked there for 4 years and was let go when owners son wanted my job. That was two years ago. And while they did me a huge favor, the pattern of hiring friends and family first obviously continues. You will always be an outsider there if you are not family.

Advice to Senior Managementsometimes people like to be treated with respect.

Has become a fundamentally poor company

Engagement Lead (Former Employee)

ProsParagon was a strong company when I joined, and I had several very good years working for them and was quite satisfied. However starting in 2011, the company began a steady decline which has left it continuing to struggle.
    I had many good colleagues on project teams; however anyone who is able to find another position is heading for the door.

ConsProjects are oversold and underdelivered. Client dissatisfaction has become a constant issue as Paragon is trying to survive with under-experienced staff. Repeat business (the lifeblood of any consulting firm) has diminished to the point of being non-existent
    CEO hires relatives & family friends into operational management positions, then wonders why the business operations are inept.
    Offshore developers are incompetent.
    No true vision.
    No career development; staff are viewed as expendable resources.
    Back-stabbing and gossip-ridden culture

Great company to work at

Business Development (Current Employee) Cranford, NJ

ProsHard working, dedicated people throughout the company.
    Ethical in doing business the right way.
    Innovative, can do attitude from senior management

ConsDoesn't always have name recognition when calling on customers.
    Company has a career path options but because we are a mid-sized firm it has less options then some of the bigger firms

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the strategy of providing the highest value possible to customers and business will continue to grow like it has for many years.

Great Company

ProsBenefits pay hours time off

ConsDo not reimburse for internet connection or cell phone

Descent people working harder not smarter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have many, many genuinely decent people. Medical benefits are nice.

ConsIf you were hired on as a staff aug resource hired out to clients, expect little interaction with Paragon, unless it's at Merck or AT&T. Otherwise, you are on your own. For those working in operations, marketing and sales, expect little agreement amongst senior management as many of them don't necessarily like each other. The company seems to lack vision and objectives beyond financial objectives. They set a revenue number, but have no idea how to get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are no longer taking the risks they need to grow the company. They think they have moved from staff augmentation to systems integration and advisory solutions. They have really not. The CEO is a great man, but he must decide if he wants to grow the company or wind it down.

Fairly effective staffing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHave good relationships in the Life Sciences practice, allowing for growth. Good administration (payroll, expenses, etc.). Effective at finding outside resources to meet client requests.

ConsDoes not invest in employee development. Senior management is not involved with client engagements; they operate almost as separate companies. Limited experience in financial services.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with what you know - staffing.

Worked for Paragon Solutions? Contribute to the Community!