Paragon Technology Group

Add Photos

Paragon Technology Group President & CEO Scott Friedlander

Scott Friedlander

Enjoyed working there

ProsWas able to work with minimal interference from the company.

ConsCompany did not want to invest in employees

Can't sell work and too cheap to train employees

ProsMost of the people want to do a good job and get along very well with the customers.

ConsSome managers don't deal well with customers and cost us contracts. Current business development team is incompetent...they can't sell work. Corporate goes on and on about people being an asset then do NOTHING to back this up. Pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the entire business development team with successful people. Quit being so cheap with employee development funds or quit lying about us being so important.

Danger, Will Robinson!

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsClients tend to know their stuff

ConsDelusional senior management who talk an amazing game but fail to deliver. Limited opportunities for growth, due to contract losses and substandard education benefits. Some contract losses have been due to senior management failing to heed guidance from client-serving staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive up.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A big disappointment

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsSome of the original Paragon staff are hardworking and very good people. I have enjoyed the people on my team.

ConsThe new executives do not know how to run a company. It is a country club atmosphere since the new CEO came onboard. They have technology in the company name but have little concept of what it is. They are losing so much business that I doubt they will be around in a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange everyone at the top if you want to stay in business.

What an Experience!

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsParagon offered flexible work days. Some decent co-workers.

ConsHostile work environment, very poor management/leadership, untrained home office staff, terrible Human Resources, no professionalism, extreme abuse of nepotism, no career advancement.

Paragon never established itself as a serious contender with the government. The recent loss of contracts is a result of this. The leadership is so terrible, unreliable and unprofessional.

Most of the staff were not qualified PMs. Some of these unqualified staff was placed in Sr. positions with no real PM experience. Human Resources is laughable. Frankly, I'm surprised the company wasn't sued. The payroll department is equally unreliable and unprofessional.

Paragon has poor benefits. Employees were not valued and received poor bonuses and perks. There are no values and no pride in working for this company. There is now a new CEO/Owner who made lots of promises but was never able to deliver.

Advice to Senior Management1. Wake up and clean house! The very people who are supported by the new CEO do not understand best practices and should be replaced. 2. Change the name of your company to something else. Paragon is viewed negatively in government contracting.

Small Company transitioning our of 8A

Tysons Corner, VA

ProsDirect access to the new CEO, new energy with new management, improved branding, lots of new business development staff, emphasis on human capital

ConsTransition out of 8A is difficult. Lost a major contract recently. Company appears to be getting smaller at least for now. I think that the company is in for a tough few months

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing the right thing, keep to the course

Paragon Technology Group is very dysfunctional and lack strong management leadership.

Baltimore, MD

ProsIf you have low expectations and you need time to decide where you would like to be in your career, this company is suitable.

ConsThe owners of this company are simply cheap and they do not believe in investing any money or time on their employees. They boost about how much the company is making but will not spend money on proper computer equipment, software, training, and/or office furniture. The office is a dump! They do not compensate for travel or telephone expenses to clients. The health benefits you will end up paying close to 65%-70%. They promote the company as being a great working environment but morale is low and lack strong leadership (management need to take a course on how to manage or finding the right people to lead). If you are hired for a PM position do not expect to do PM work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo run a company, it takes a strong senior management team with the right skills to lead. Not because you own a company mean you have the skill set to run it. To make money you have to spend money.

Some good/some bad

Vienna, VA

ProsThe company has lots of opportunities, it is a growing company, there can be flexibility in work schedules, and I have some great colleagues

ConsUnreasonable expectations from executive management make life difficult, resources to do the job aren't always provided like printers, decent pcs, and the company touts how well they are doing but then gives minimal raises. the management team doesnt seem to appreciate the staff

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job showing appreciation to the team. Make sure that the company infrastructure is in place when it needs to be.

A good holding place until something better comes along

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsCompany is financially stable. I have flexibility

ConsPresident & CEO aren't respectful of the staff. Extra efforts are not rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward good performance.

It's a good place to get started.

ProsGood people to work it, good location, great place to connect and to meet people, great management and friendly co-workers

ConsPay could be better, lack of personal space gets a little bit much once in a while, communication could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementThe main thing would probably be to be in better contact with their employees about progress, better feedback would be nice as well

Worked for Paragon Technology Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paragon Technology Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paragon Technology Group CEO Scott Friedlander. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Paragon Technology Group employees.