Paragon Technology Group Reviews

Paragon Technology Group President & CEO Scott Friedlander
Scott Friedlander

1. Not the same anymore

I worked at Paragon Technology Group

Pros

fun staff, competitive environment, good pay

Cons

paragon got bought out and failed to hold onto their clients. new management did not earn the respect of staff and the place was never the same again

2. Some good/more Bad

Former Employee - Senior Architect/Managing Consultant in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Architect/Managing Consultant in Vienna, VA

I worked at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the original Paragon staff are hardworking and very very good people. I have enjoyed the people on my team.

Cons

Bad senior management who talk an amazing game but fail to deliver. Limited or no opportunities for growth, due to contract losses and no / substandard education benefits. Most contract losses have been due to senior management failing to follow guidance from client-serving staff.Most of the staff were not qualified PMs. Some of these unqualified staff was placed in Sr. positions with no real PM experience.

Advice to Management

I think its to late to change directions

3. Enjoyed working there

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group full-time

Pros

Was able to work with minimal interference from the company.

Cons

Company did not want to invest in employees

5. Can't sell work and too cheap to train employees

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people want to do a good job and get along very well with the customers.

Cons

Some managers don't deal well with customers and cost us contracts. Current business development team is incompetent...they can't sell work. Corporate goes on and on about people being an asset then do NOTHING to back this up. Pathetic.

Advice to Management

Replace the entire business development team with successful people. Quit being so cheap with employee development funds or quit lying about us being so important.

6. Danger, Will Robinson!

Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clients tend to know their stuff

Cons

Delusional senior management who talk an amazing game but fail to deliver. Limited opportunities for growth, due to contract losses and substandard education benefits. Some contract losses have been due to senior management failing to heed guidance from client-serving staff.

Advice to Management

Give up.

7. What an Experience!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paragon offered flexible work days. Some decent co-workers.

Cons

Hostile work environment, very poor management/leadership, untrained home office staff, terrible Human Resources, no professionalism, extreme abuse of nepotism, no career advancement. Paragon never established itself as a serious contender with the government. The recent loss of contracts is a result of this. The leadership is so terrible, unreliable and unprofessional. Most of the staff were not qualified PMs. Some of these unqualified staff was placed in Sr. positions with no real PM experience. Human Resources is laughable. Frankly, I'm surprised the company wasn't sued. The payroll department is equally unreliable and unprofessional. Paragon has poor benefits. Employees were not valued and received poor bonuses and perks. There are no values and no pride in working for this company. There is now a new CEO/Owner who made lots of promises but was never able to deliver.

Advice to Management

1. Wake up and clean house! The very people who are supported by the new CEO do not understand best practices and should be replaced. 2. Change the name of your company to something else. Paragon is viewed negatively in government contracting.

8. A big disappointment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the original Paragon staff are hardworking and very good people. I have enjoyed the people on my team.

Cons

The new executives do not know how to run a company. It is a country club atmosphere since the new CEO came onboard. They have technology in the company name but have little concept of what it is. They are losing so much business that I doubt they will be around in a year.

Advice to Management

Change everyone at the top if you want to stay in business.

9. Small Company transitioning our of 8A

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Direct access to the new CEO, new energy with new management, improved branding, lots of new business development staff, emphasis on human capital

Cons

Transition out of 8A is difficult. Lost a major contract recently. Company appears to be getting smaller at least for now. I think that the company is in for a tough few months

Advice to Management

Doing the right thing, keep to the course

10. Paragon Technology Group is very dysfunctional and lack strong management leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group

Pros

If you have low expectations and you need time to decide where you would like to be in your career, this company is suitable.

Cons

The owners of this company are simply cheap and they do not believe in investing any money or time on their employees. They boost about how much the company is making but will not spend money on proper computer equipment, software, training, and/or office furniture. The office is a dump! They do not compensate for travel or telephone expenses to clients. The health benefits you will end up paying close to 65%-70%. They promote the company as being a great working environment but morale is low and lack strong leadership (management need to take a course on how to manage or finding the right people to lead). If you are hired for a PM position do not expect to do PM work.

Advice to Management

To run a company, it takes a strong senior management team with the right skills to lead. Not because you own a company mean you have the skill set to run it. To make money you have to spend money.

11. Some good/some bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group

Pros

The company has lots of opportunities, it is a growing company, there can be flexibility in work schedules, and I have some great colleagues

Cons

Unreasonable expectations from executive management make life difficult, resources to do the job aren't always provided like printers, decent pcs, and the company touts how well they are doing but then gives minimal raises. the management team doesnt seem to appreciate the staff

Advice to Management

Do a better job showing appreciation to the team. Make sure that the company infrastructure is in place when it needs to be.

RSS Feed </> Embed