Parallon Business Solutions

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael O'Boyle

Pros
  • Flexible hours for going to school(in 4 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule for most departments(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance; you are expected to work 24 X 7 (if you want to meet their arbitrary deadlines(in 3 reviews)

• High turnover within division, due to inexperienced middle management(in 4 reviews)

Good company with lots of growing

ProsNice company with lots of growth and ability to grow.

ConsCompany is experiencing growing pains on many levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany areas of mid level management receive little initial training

Little to no advancement opportunities

Credentialing (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWork from home flexibility, ease of obtaining time off, not micro-managed as long as you're meeting statistical requirements.

ConsVery few advancement opportunites, management not good at communication, doesn't feel like a team environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good communicators for middle and upper management. Develop a plan to ensure work from home employees feel part of the team. Allow work from home employees advancement opportunities.

Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsFlexible work hours if you arrive between 7a-9a. Compensation was good. Getting time off was not a problem.

ConsLittle or no training. Here is what we want you to do-you figure it out!

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your managers-I thought FT meant 8 hours/day not 4 hours a day on a routine basis. Upper management just looked the other way. Office culture was very cut throat-non-professional workers continually tattling on the professional staff-whether it was true of not, if it hurt their feelings-you got in trouble.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Facility Supply Chain Tech

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat to be working in a hospital environment, and helping health providers take care of people.

ConsHaving to use PTO for holidays. Strict on overtime so do not expect to go over 40 hours a week.

Enjoyable work, but severely understaffed, high turnover, poor company culture, environment and morale, and LOW PAY ...

Provider Enrollment (Current Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsFlexible hours, variety in the work, movement/advancement opportunities if you work for them. The health insurance is good, and there are a lot of benefits available to employees.

ConsParallon is kind of like the red-headed stepchild of HCA. We do not get the same amount of perks or the same treatment of our parent corporation, which is a shame, because I think if we did, it could be a much better place to work. My department is severely understaffed with high turnover, and the amount of training they give you for doing your job is pretty dismal, there is a bit of a sink and swim kind of attitude in the department. It has gotten better since I started, but still needs a lot of improvement and better processes put into place. There is a pretty high turnover rate, which can most likely be attributed to extremely low pay for what we are doing and also for the fact that everyone in the department is pretty much constantly overwhelmed with work. Upper management/director/COOs don't seem to take into account that the dept. is understaffed or when people are out for vacation, the same amount of production is still expected. The morale in the company as a whole is pretty low, you can feel the negativity when you walk into the building. It is hard to care about working for upper management that has no care for their employees, which you can often tell by the way they handle certain personnel issues, such as employees who have deaths in the family or are out sick. There is very little tolerance for interaction among coworkers. I get that we are all there to work, but we spend more time with our coworkers than our families, so at times it is nice to have a little flexibility there. The pay is DISMALLY low for the job that is performed in our department. We are seen as basically data entry, but there is a lot of juggling and stress that comes along with our roles that management is obviously not aware of or doesn't care about at all. There is definitely a trickle down effect, we all know that the horrendous culture and policies are handed down from above our managers, which makes for a workplace that can be hard to survive in, much less thrive in. You constantly feel as if you have to watch everything you do, as people love to point fingers and spread gossip about everyone else. There is also a tendency of some managers to point fingers at people and a good bit of "throwing under the bus" also occurs in the department. Also, the company needs to shift its employee retention policies as far as action taken for poor performance and unprofessional conduct. Basically the only way to get fired is to have attendance issues, which makes for a few coworkers who are rather unprofessional and do low quality work who are still around and nothing is really done about it. Those of us who are professional, do great work and care about it are often saddled with the burden of cleaning up other people's incompetence. What we do is really integral to the organization as a whole, and if upper management would shift their strategies and increased pay, it could be a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementINCREASE PAY first and foremost, change the PTO policy (don't lump holidays in with the PTO time, they NEED to be separate), TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING, especially for those who transition into leadership roles. Be a little more flexible and instead of pointing the finger when people make mistakes, work with them to solve the issue. Reprimand employees who have poor work performance and unprofessional behavior. Think of better way to reward employees than the "soaring bucks" system. Allow it to be a casual environment unless there are clients in the building. Comfortable employees = happy employees. Also, the whole "you must work 8 hours" policy is ridiculous. If we have at least 40 by the end of the week, why does it matter if one day we are there 7.5 and the next 8.5? A little more flexibility in dealing with staff would be appreciated and would increase morale.

Exponential potential, but lacks vision, creativity and a plan

ProsYou have long lunches on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays

Cons-Confused culture (metrics are celebrated versuses new business and profit)
    -Leadership is not engaged
    -Inconsistent accountability
    -Clients don't need us as much as we need them ( We dont have enough new business to balance their needs versus their value)
    -Not enough emphasis on quality, rather than quantity
    -Exponential turnover
    -No buy-in from production
    -Processes are constantly changing and consistently ineffective

Advice to Senior Management-Structure a plan and stay consistent with it. AND inspect it! If its not working, adapt/adjust and devise a better one.
    -Create a culture that includes talent and a motivated team. Never lose your creativity and ability to want to be different than other staffing companies.
    -Pay your employees more!

Worst company for diversity and growth

Collections (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsNot one if you are not a clone of the Management in place, looks and attitude

ConsIf you don't look like you could have lunch with CEO you cant get a break. No diversity and it would seem they are pushing in total opposite direction of most companies in 2014 in that regard. Do not give your opinion, they don't care.

Advice to Senior ManagementPretend you at least like the employees who do not look the part, and middle management grow up and stop acting like a little power makes you a GOD over your employees

Leaves something to be desired

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Commerce City, CO

ProsMost Co-Workers are hard working and very friendly.
    It's a quiet place if you like that sort of thing.
    Monthly Perks include the company buying lunch

ConsThings here are quite disorganized and hectic.
    Some of the higher ups tend to be very discouraging in their attitudes
    Very sterile place, not much room for self expression or growth
    The pay tends to be on the lower side

BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!!!

Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou get a paycheck, albeit a subsistence one.

ConsEverything else. Terroristic management style. Too many problems they don't know how to fix. They beat their chest and stomp their feet to get results instead of helping to figure out problems. No recognition, just push, push, push. No work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. Get off your high horse. Try motivating instead of threatening. Try being part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Professional Concentration Camp

IT Project Manager I (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsPromoted work/ life balance. Technology and tools to perform job was good.

ConsDaily working environment was similar to walking thru a cemetary at midnight. Work directed by management was inconsistent with meeting the needs of the customer, but more to make their metrics and polished appearance. High turnover within division, due to inexperienced middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to senior leadership - incorporate a 360 review on your middle management, and do some housekeeping. There are some amazing professionals within your organization - make sure the "metrics" wool isn't pulled over your eyes.

Advice to middle management - LEAD your people - don't dictate and instill fear. Learn how to lead and earn respect by truly supporting and inspiring others for greatness. Leading by intimidation and humiliation is a shameful way to cover up your insecurities.

Worked for Parallon Business Solutions? Contribute to the Community!