Parasoft

Updated November 14, 2014
3.8

Parasoft CEO Elizabeth Kolawa
Elizabeth Kolawa

Great work environment. Great sales and engineering opportunity.

I have been working at Parasoft

Pros

Great products made in house

Cons

Largely unknow in the market

Good Product but not much else

Former Employee - Software Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Software Sales Executive

I worked at Parasoft full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Product is good, comp plan good, privately held company that acts like a startup

Cons

Also notes as pro, but this company is 100% startup even though it has been around for 25+ years. Leadership is a major problem and can't seem to figure direction or go to market strategy. No training, no understanding of what it takes to build a pipeline or the importance of having a sales team onboard for more than a few months.

Little or no training is a problem, scare resources during sales cycle and for existing client is a problem. Executive leadership for sales team is a problem

Parasoft is a place to expand your knowledge in software testing

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has too many products to test different software. From C++, Java, .NET, and SOA which will give you an idea on how the big companies are testing their code.
    Friendly staff and a flexible schedule.

Cons

The typical difficulty for opportunity of growth that a midsize companies have.

Give feedback to your workers in order for them to meet your expectations.

Good place to be in sales with flexibility and sales reps allowed to be creativity and independent

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company allows sales reps to be creative in structuring deals and building relationships with customers. We have great markets to see into with Service Virtualization, language solutions and API testing. The management team is very supportive of needs, provides great balance and is very customer centric. Resources are rallied quickly for customer support and deals.

Cons

Company has limited resources to extend reach through marketing events. Has difficult time getting attention of the industry analysts due to lack of spend compared to the bigger players. No sales club for reps but is countered by very aggressive comp plan.

continue to invest in growth and field organization.

Great Stability

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Because Parasoft is a smaller company, your daily contributions are more noticeable. You don't get lost in a sea of a thousand employees, your voice can be heard and you CAN make a difference. At the end of the day even when your exhausted from a hard day at work you know you working with a group of great people.

Cons

Even though there is stability in your job you can start to feel a bit stagnant and bored.

Growth is good but more is not always better. A small group of people working hard for a common goal can accomplish just as much as a giant company.

A company that values its employees

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-I get to work with some of the smartest people I've ever met. Seriously. The level of intelligence here drives me to "up" my game and be the best at what I do. But they're not just smart, they're also the most humble people I've ever met. Everyone is approachable and wants to help you learn and grow.

-I appreciate the autonomy. As a more senior professional, I can appreciate not having my manager breathing down my neck every day. But I also appreciate the support I get when I do ask for help.

-Work/life balance is wonderful. All the overtime I worked was because I didn't want to walk away from a task right at 5pm, so it was by choice. I know that other departments work mandatory OT on rare occasions.

-The offices are going through a complete renovation, and it will be exciting to work in a brand new, contemporary-style environment with state of the art technology.

-Because it's a small company, there's no room for dead weight. This is not the kind of company where you can do the bare minimum and fly under the radar. I like this because I'm a hard worker, and I don't like working with people who need constant prodding.

Cons

-Because it's a small company, there's not a lot of upward growth, but there's plenty of opportunity to broaden your skills in an environment that wants to help you learn. Everyone is approachable with a true open door policy, from the CEO to the most junior Support Engineer. While there may not be too many opportunities for upward growth, there's opportunity to move into other departments or groups and expand your knowledge & skills even further.

-Ramp up and training can definitely be improved. Some departments do it better than others.

Stay the course and keep reaching for ways to improve. Listen to your employees, not just to your management team. They are loyal to you and want to help take the company to the next level too! It's the people on the front lines who know firsthand what the products & customers need.

Beware of this company

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are still in business after 27 years

Cons

Legacy technology is dated. The upper management is not connected to the real world. They compete with superior companies that have superior technology. The key technical people live in Poland and are not allowed to leave the country. They hire engineers right out of college with no CS degree. They have vacant leadership and new people trying to run the company from Phoenix.

Leave. Leave now for the sake of all that are vested in the success of the company.

Good place to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Stability - Well established for over 25+ years, small IT company that's growing consistently.
    No negative craps - By definition management's act is "politics", but I haven't seen a politics & and any negative talk among engineers. I have been with the company for less than a year, however haven't heard any colleagues talk about lay-off or what will management do by end of this quarter/year.
    Everyone get an opportunity to shine, and people here pride there work and respect others.
    Free lunch :-) for development teams

Cons

Infrastructure is bit old/outdated
    Traffic nuisance of 210 freeway (Exit - Myrtle/Mountain), but if you are local to LA/OC then you are already part of this system :-)

No advice, but a humble wish - hope fast progress/growth of company don't make it like other "CORPORATE POLITICS" institute.

Challenging, innovative, great for growth

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work is always challenging - never boring. As a small private company, need to keep innovating to beat the competition. Good culture. 2013 was a great year and things are moving in the right direction.

Cons

There have been some rough years during the 26+ years the company has been in business. There have been some bad, negative senior management over the years.

Great growth, opportunity and work environment

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great technology, new and revitalized focus on customer success, strong positive sales focus

Cons

same growing pains any small organization faces

stay the course