Parasoft Reviews

Reset
3.4
Parasoft CEO Elizabeth Kolawa
Elizabeth Kolawa

1. Great work environment. Great sales and engineering opportunity.

I have been working at Parasoft

Pros

Great products made in house

Cons

Largely unknow in the market

Horrible management and company culture

I worked at Parasoft

Pros

Good engineering staff and team collaboration, work from home is also a good option if you are not close to the office and have a long commute

Cons

No long term vision, no management direction, just happy to stay afloat and keep the owner happy

Advice to Management

Look for a better way to grow the company other than rebating software and cutting personnel

Unfortunate Mismanaged Launching Pad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at Parasoft full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. Parasoft will give you a chance. You have to take that chance and grow.
    2. You will meet great people (Although the number of people is quickly depreciating as the attrition continues).
    3. You will get to interact with awesome technology and great customers.

Cons

1. Unless your in development, you wont be taught. You will be thrown into the deep end so be ready to swim.
    2. The culture is really lacking and very old school. Dont think Silicon Valley or Hooli. This is going to be rough and politics are abound.
    3. Management can become overbearing.

Advice to Management

My advice is really to take a good hard look at the way upper/mid management conducts themselves and see if there is room for improvement. The mentality of we can do it better, and whenever someone leaves they are useless really needs to be exterminated. Think outside the box perhaps.

Great people, terrible company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Parasoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The development, support and services people are great they all have great knowledge and are easily approachable

Cons

Company has no true future plans to expand it's product line or services, they rely on the base niche customers but the products are now facing competition from the open source community.
    They lay off people without any apparent reason.

Advice to Management

Without investment there is no growth it may be good for people that has been there for a long time but offers nothing for career advancement of new people.

Stay clear if you are in sales

I worked at Parasoft

Pros

Most of the people in the trenches are nice and know a lot about the product, it is always good to know niche technology like they have.

Cons

Management has no clue of the direction the company is going, they have been lucky to survive this long based on their legacy products but open source is hurting them already.

Advice to Management

Should listen to the people working directly with the customer to really understand where the market is going.

Good Product but not much else

Former Employee - Software Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Software Sales Executive

I worked at Parasoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Product is good, comp plan good, privately held company that acts like a startup

Cons

Also notes as pro, but this company is 100% startup even though it has been around for 25+ years. Leadership is a major problem and can't seem to figure direction or go to market strategy. No training, no understanding of what it takes to build a pipeline or the importance of having a sales team onboard for more than a few months.

Advice to Management

Little or no training is a problem, scare resources during sales cycle and for existing client is a problem. Executive leadership for sales team is a problem

Parasoft is a place to expand your knowledge in software testing

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has too many products to test different software. From C++, Java, .NET, and SOA which will give you an idea on how the big companies are testing their code.
    Friendly staff and a flexible schedule.

Cons

The typical difficulty for opportunity of growth that a midsize companies have.

Advice to Management

Give feedback to your workers in order for them to meet your expectations.

Good place to be in sales with flexibility and sales reps allowed to be creativity and independent

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company allows sales reps to be creative in structuring deals and building relationships with customers. We have great markets to see into with Service Virtualization, language solutions and API testing. The management team is very supportive of needs, provides great balance and is very customer centric. Resources are rallied quickly for customer support and deals.

Cons

Company has limited resources to extend reach through marketing events. Has difficult time getting attention of the industry analysts due to lack of spend compared to the bigger players. No sales club for reps but is countered by very aggressive comp plan.

Advice to Management

continue to invest in growth and field organization.

Great Stability

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Because Parasoft is a smaller company, your daily contributions are more noticeable. You don't get lost in a sea of a thousand employees, your voice can be heard and you CAN make a difference. At the end of the day even when your exhausted from a hard day at work you know you working with a group of great people.

Cons

Even though there is stability in your job you can start to feel a bit stagnant and bored.

Advice to Management

Growth is good but more is not always better. A small group of people working hard for a common goal can accomplish just as much as a giant company.

A company that values its employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I get to work with some of the smartest people I've ever met. Seriously. The level of intelligence here drives me to "up" my game and be the best at what I do. But they're not just smart, they're also the most humble people I've ever met. Everyone is approachable and wants to help you learn and grow.

-I appreciate the autonomy. As a more senior professional, I can appreciate not having my manager breathing down my neck every day. But I also appreciate the support I get when I do ask for help.

-Work/life balance is wonderful. All the overtime I worked was because I didn't want to walk away from a task right at 5pm, so it was by choice. I know that other departments work mandatory OT on rare occasions.

-The offices are going through a complete renovation, and it will be exciting to work in a brand new, contemporary-style environment with state of the art technology.

-Because it's a small company, there's no room for dead weight. This is not the kind of company where you can do the bare minimum and fly under the radar. I like this because I'm a hard worker, and I don't like working with people who need constant prodding.

Cons

-Because it's a small company, there's not a lot of upward growth, but there's plenty of opportunity to broaden your skills in an environment that wants to help you learn. Everyone is approachable with a true open door policy, from the CEO to the most junior Support Engineer. While there may not be too many opportunities for upward growth, there's opportunity to move into other departments or groups and expand your knowledge & skills even further.

-Ramp up and training can definitely be improved. Some departments do it better than others.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep reaching for ways to improve. Listen to your employees, not just to your management team. They are loyal to you and want to help take the company to the next level too! It's the people on the front lines who know firsthand what the products & customers need.

RSS Feed </> Embed