Parata Systems Reviews

Reset
2.9
DJ Dougherty

Many changes in leadership

Pros

Although Parata lost some highly experienced executives, the change at the very top was a positive move. The newest leadership is extremely capable, conservative, but certainly open to innovation and progress.

Cons

Uncertainty in company direction during the latter part of 2014 caused some key talent to leave Parata.

Advice to Management

Keep communication lines open with all levels and celebrate successes more frequently.

2. Decent place to work, not much room for growth

I worked at Parata Systems full-time

Pros

Great technology, good company support and processes, mostly fun environment

Cons

Follow processes at all costs, even to the detriment of projects; mass layoff process was handled poorly, treated long term employees as if they'd been fired for cause; somehow took what seemed to be the leading position in pharmacy automation and destroyed it.

Advice to Management

Remember that employees you let go for business/financial reasons are going to be ambassadors for your company in the future and treat them accordingly. Figure out what you want to be/do as a company.

3. Sad...It used to be a great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Parata Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People. They had some great people and some are left. The Max product line is stable and the workhorse. I think they can recover some of the MOJO if good decisions are made. I hear that the new CEO (DJ), is pretty good and going in the right direction

Cons

Since the bloodletting in November 2014, the company has been in a tough way. Seems like the soul of the company has been damaged, but I hope it comes back.

Advice to Management

Make the company what it used to be, even if on a smaller scale.

5. Manufacturing

Former Employee - Fab Tech III in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Fab Tech III in Durham, NC

Pros

Most of the co-workers were great, no micro managing

Cons

There's a clique we all referred to as the "Royal Family". If you don't bow down to what they want then your done. Learn to work on their cars, it saved the work life of one guy who could only run a saw and the old McKesson discs (I have pictures of him working on bosses cars while somebody was picking up his slack). No matter what you learn you will only get more responsibilities for the same pay. The best way to look at it is the less you know about your job the better off you are. If you ask for a promotion you will get the "development plan" talk. You can do everything they want but don't expect anything in return. Our boss was a flipping idiot, he never got anything right. Every week manufacturing has a meeting and 95% of what he said had to be corrected. The only reason they are in the position they are in is passed relationships with the old director who finally got the ax as well. Hopefully things changed after he has gone, he was the head of the snake. I could go on and on about overpaid people taking used batteries and tearing them down on company time to take to a scrap yard but whatever. If your looking for a manufacturing job take it for the money, just be ready to pucker up and kiss the boss's butt!

Advice to Management

Everything I ever wrote on the "Anonymous" employee engagement was made fun of or just not talked about so why take my advice now.

6. Graphic Design

Pros

The place had a great sense of community and very friendly coworkers.

Cons

the sea of silent cubicles.

New Day at Parata?

Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Parata Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with my team and others. The culture is nice and pleasant. Recent restructuring removed many people that were creating silos and made it difficult and unpleasant to work with them and their teams. New management team appears to be more open and communication has dramatically increased.

Cons

Benefits are poor. No 401k match unless company reaches specific profit goal. Healthcare plan is decent. Unclear on goals and how each group needs to contribute. No bonus plan or incentive to go beyond job requirements.

Advice to Management

I have to say that recent changes and communication are a breath of fresh air. Continue in the direction you started and devise new ways to engage employees beyond wellness initiatives. Continue to inform employees about where the company stands in a clear and concise way.

8. Love Parata

Pros

I have been with Parata since 2005 and have seen the business ride the wave up and down but the leadership team has always had their sites on employee engagement and business growth. Management listens to my ideas and suggestions and will give me the freedom to execute provided and ROI makes sense. There is no micromanagement whatsoever and the people here are the bomb. I have worked in a lot of different types of Engineering and manufacturing businesses and have never been in one like Parata nor do I think I ever will going forward.

Cons

Customer indecision, ability to forecast

Advice to Management

New blood don't be afraid to take risk we will support you all the way.

9. Great, Fun Place to work.

Pros

Co Workers, Culture, Products, work environment.

Cons

Lack of diversity in upper management.

Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Technology in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Technology in Durham, NC

Pros

Coffee? Flex time? I can't think of ANYTHING else that makes this a good place to work

Cons

Where to start? Old technology Good old boys network, nepotism reigns No team cohesiveness, every man for them selves Layoffs, without notice, no matter how long you've been there Management doesn't communicate YOU CAN DO BETTER, LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Advice to Management

Sell the company before you totally destroy it, you're all a bunch of idiots!

Parata has a bright future!

Pros

The company has had to make bold decisions over the years to keep pace with changing healthcare initiatives. The healthcare arena is in major flux which to stay relevant as a company decisions are made that, unfortunately impacts the workforce. Parata's ability to react to changing market trends and keeping a strong balance sheet is definitely a pro; innovative technology, ability to make new markets and having a talented workforce are all key points for Parata.

Cons

Changes in market direction sometimes creates a situation where employees are impacted; being a leader in pharmacy automation creates a situation where the company must create market opportunities which creates anxiety internally.

Advice to Management

Be more diligent about in regards to following shiny objects.

RSS Feed </> Embed