ParenteBeard Reviews

Updated October 28, 2014
3.8

ParenteBeard CEO Robert J. Ciaruffoli
Robert J. Ciaruffoli

Great company to intern with!

Current Employee - Audit Intern
    Current Employee - Audit Intern

I have been working at ParenteBeard as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I job shadowed at various places before choosing ParenteBeard to complete my internship at. Everyone complains about public accounting, but ParenteBeard really seems to promote the work/life balance, and you could tell that they want you to have a life while working here. Everybody I have worked with has been encouraging and helpful. I love the culture of the firm and the flexibility you are allowed to have as you move up in the firm. As an intern, I am assigned to clients and get experiences that my friends interning at other companies don't get. I'm so glad I chose ParenteBeard for my internship!

Cons

Some of the tasks I get assigned to do are a little monotonous, but that's where everyone starts in the firm, and everyone who gives them to you will tell you that.

Jul 18, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

We're glad to have such a positive intern on board this summer! Thank you for sharing your review and spending your internship with us. Nice to hear about your experience. Wow, also impressed at the ... More

ParenteBeard has been an overall good experience for a public accounting firm.

I have been working at ParenteBeard

Pros

I believe the most positive aspect of this firm is the people. I have had the opportunity to work with mentors who truly want to see me exceed and who value me as a member of the team. The firm also gives you great opportunity to advance in your career (from what I hear faster than other public accounting firms).

Cons

Work life balance is a struggle. This is expected due to the nature of the business however there has to be some type of lead way here if they want their most valued employees to continue to stay.

Good employees shouldn't be rewarded by given more work.

Hostile Work Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ParenteBeard

Pros

You can something positive in every bad situation. I would say the experience made me a stronger/tougher person and taught me what I should not tolerate in a business environment.

Cons

Did not have a welcoming environment and my group was completely unprofessional. Managers often complained about Partners and other employees they did not like and made plans to get rid of people. If you weren't liked, plans were made to push you out. If HR looked into it they would find the necessary information needed to address this problem. Partners micro-managed and questioned time (down to .1 of an hour) in an effort to increase the realization rate. Associates/Senior Associates often were asked to cut their billable time even though we were told not to. The level of disrespect was unimaginable. I could go on and on. If an employee was really bitter and vindictive, they could easily sue this company and win. I'm so happy I got out.

Everyone throughout the firm should be on the same page. Exceptions shouldn't be made simply because some people don't like change.

Summer Intern in Audit

I have been working at ParenteBeard

Pros

People are willing to help, relatively strong work-life balance

Cons

Lack of communication between HR and the management of the firm

Sep 19, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

We are glad to hear positive things about your work-life balance. Our internal website is updated everyday with new information from HR and management teams. If there is anything that is not clear to ... More

Bob Ciaruffoli sells Firm down the river

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at ParenteBeard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great firm.

Cons

Victim of many huge errors by management

Too late now

Not what it seems....

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at ParenteBeard full-time

Pros

Regional clients, good PA presence, and certain industry groups have great experts but little depth beyond that

Cons

Upper management is not overly trustworthy
    Salaries are fair, but work/life balance is non-existent
    Direction of the firm is questionable, and if it really benefits all or just a select few
    People and industries "disappear" quickly
    Certain regions have "good ol' boy" mentality working within - esp. former Parente strongholds

Aug 29, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

Thank you for your review and time with the firm. It is positive to hear about the firm's expertise in particular industries.

A Mixed Bag

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ParenteBeard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, large company, job security

Cons

Typical corporate America environment, office politics

Aug 18, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you encountered friendly and approachable team members while you worked here. Best wishes in your career endeavors.

Summer audit intern. Good experience friendly people.

Former Employee - Audit Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Audit Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ParenteBeard as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Helpful staff and managers for the most part. Flexible hours for intern (usually 32-38 range). Do not expect too much from interns but a great way to get your feet wet in terms of seeing what engagements are all about.

Cons

For interns only: At times can be boring, and when assigned work might not be explained very well.
    For Staff: it seems pretty good minus the demanding hours of working for a public accounting firm.

Jul 18, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

Thank you for your post. We're pleased to hear about the positive interactions you've had with your managers. Keep in mind you can always mention to your manager or partner that you have completed ... More

Awesome Experience

Current Employee - Audit Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Audit Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ParenteBeard as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The internship is a great experience for any student looking towards a career in audit. I have learned more about the business in the last few months at ParenteBeard than I did during two semesters at school.

Cons

Sometimes there is a bit of lag in work and days in the office can become a little boring, but typically there is always something to keep the interns busy.

Everyone I have worked with has been wonderful!

Jul 18, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

It is nice to hear how much you've learned in a few weeks in our office. We are glad to impact intern's decisions on their future career paths. Thank you for posting this positive review.

Great company

Current Employee - Manager in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at ParenteBeard full-time

Pros

Great company that strives for being the best in what they do. ParenteBeard values the team members they have on staff, and strive to provide all of their team members with the tools necessary to succeed in their careers

Cons

Nothing, with the exception that there are some Partners and Sr. Managers in some offices that still like to function as though they are not part of a larger organziation but rather still a small office independently.

Continue being the best.

Jul 3, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate that you took the time to write this and are pleased to have you on our team. Keep up the good work.