Paris Baguette

Be The First To
Add Photos

Part-Time Job

Cashier (Former Employee) Palisades Park, NJ

ProsGood part-time job throughout college. Hours were extremely flexible and management is very understanding.

ConsPay raises were extremely volatile. I would receive 3 in a year then none the following.

Manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe company has a lot of potential to grow. Depending on the location you can get high paced work ( I mean if you like that), good people, and a very friendly environment. Also discounts on bread, pastries, and cake

ConsThe company has a lot of problems where it really shows in the structural hierarchy. Because it is a Korean based company, a lot of orders from above have to be reviewed by the Korean board in South Korea and that takes time. Trying to get a promotion or a raise in salary felt very biased on a racial standard and the company does not encourage a strong work environment for the employee to seek these opportunities. Also, there doesn't seem to be a set policy book that follows US standards. The company comes from abroad and still has not adapted to US standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementA creation of a proper policy book that adheres to US standards and laws. Better opportunity and a proper system in salary raises and growth in the company.

Full of potentials, but will take some time for benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-The brand itself has a lot of potentials, and has plenty of room for growth
    -Sales crew are generally friendly, and management is nice

Cons-most of the upper division heads lack fluency in English
    -company's originated from Korea, so some of the ways the things run seem to be a bit shakey for American market

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree bread! And the managers are very nice.

ConsLow pay, but what can I expect.

Multitask and Fast Learner is a must

Pros-Can be flexible if needed.
    -Promotes fast
    -Friendly environment
    -Plenty of room to grow.

Cons- Limited in speaking English (Language Barrier)
    - expectation is high.
    - Can improve on communication

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more American Speaking employees.

I see the potential of this company

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lee, NJ

ProsGood product supports from HQ.
    Nice pastries & cakes.
    Able to see lots of potential of this company to grow big.

Conslow payment, Korean system, no other bonus, no over-time payment for managers

Advice to Senior ManagementSince it's Korean company, the style is very different then here.
    Senior managers are lack of English skill

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

It's a bread shop... what do you expect?

Counter Clerk (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou get to eat a lot of bread and pastries that actually taste pretty good. It is a part time gig.

ConsIt's a good job for high schoolers and college students but aside from management positions you are not going to move forward professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your workers more involved in the everyday management happenings in the work place. Or else it will simply be errands everyday.

Worked for Paris Baguette? Contribute to the Community!