Pariveda Solutions

Updated December 12, 2014
4.6

Pariveda Solutions CEO Bruce Ballengee
Bruce Ballengee

Pros
  • Employee owned which all participate in (in 7 reviews)

• Accelerated career path is intended to guide each consultant to be a well-rounded executive (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is considered to be more like a work-life "wobble" (in 6 reviews)

• You might not work super long hours, but they're typically engaged hours where you're working your brain on full throttle (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place for career growth

Current Employee - Consultant (C1) in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant (C1) in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions

Pros

Mentor Program
    Very collaborative work environment
    Dedication to employee development
    Interesting and varied work
    Clear expectations for promotion
    Work life balance is good

Cons

No signing bonus for experienced hires
    Advanced degree holders start at the same level as Bachelors degree holders

Provide more ways for people to earn bonuses

Great place to grow your career

Current Employee - Associate (A1) in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate (A1) in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pariveda offers a very clear framework for advancement within the company. Employees work with a mentor to set goals to achieve a specified level of skills and experience in all aspects of their career. There is a diligent focus on growth and accomplishment, and a culture of positive feedback and mentorship.

Cons

Because advancement is so clear and transparent, it removes the option of making an extremely fast rise. Employees are only eligible for promotion once per year, and that might not be fast enough for some people. There is no "quick way to the top" because of who you know, etc. Everyone (including upper-level executives) has to satisfy the requirements for promotion, and the compensation for each position is pre-established and well-known.

Strong leadership and great working culture

Current Employee - Associate (A1) in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Associate (A1) in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pariveda has solid management and leadership. They are mature, holistic, thoughtful, deliberate, and conservative. There is a lot of transparencies with salary, promotions, expectations, and company financials - gives you a feel that everyone is all in it together, moving in one direction. The low turnover and high employee engagement show that the company does a lot of things right. At this size and early maturity stage, the company has plenty of room to grow, a great time to join and be a part of that - lots of opportunities to learn and grow your career. You won't be bored and stay stagnant, in fact, you are sure to grow much faster than industry or at other companies since management is all about growing people and accelerating your career. The people here are smart and collaborative, they also genuinely care about you, in and outside of work - it makes a great working environment.

Cons

As Pariveda grows, they have to figure out how to stay true to the core values, ie focusing on the individual's career and maintaining transparency. Pariveda is building something very unique that will change the tech/consulting industry, which is exciting, but there's a lot of work to be done and things to figure out as we go. The pay could also be more competitive, but the accelerated growth does make up for that, and in the long run, will turn out to be more worthwhile to invest your career here.

Continue to put employees first and hire top talent.

Smart people, great hiring practices, not for everyone

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about Pariveda is the caliber of its people. Do not let up on your hiring requirements and on bringing top execs to college interviews. That makes a difference. The work is challenging and interesting. Limited travel which is rare for consulting, this is aligned with the sales model of selling local. Management is caring.

Cons

Team meetings from 6-8pm are an expected occurrence, as are long hours on projects. Flex time is not an option, except for a couple isolated cases of internal roles. Business model is rigid and does not allow for variation from the set 'track', it is very much a up or out environment.

Recognize that there is a gap in your Manager to Principal track, as many that you have spent time grooming will need to temporarily slow down in their career for a few years. Either build in real repeatable options or simply acknowledge that this will be your model (hire Consultants, groom into Manager, half of the managers leave, and hire VPs from outside) and be transparent with your employees about it.

Challenging work and a learning-focused environment

Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are constantly being pushed and encouraged to develop yourself, skills, and career which in turn leads to positive reviews, promotions and becoming a respected leader in your field. I have never worked with a smarter group of individuals who are truly interested in learning and growing both their career and their colleagues'. The review and promotion process is very thorough and I always feel as though my Manager, Review Writer, and Mentor are representing me to the best of their ability.

Cons

The always-growing, always-learning environment is not for everyone. People who want to go to work, do their job, and go home without all of the extras (community service, training classes, mentoring, etc) are not going to thrive in an environment like Pariveda.

Continue to strive to promote Women in Technology and STEM in schools.

Great place to grow quickly with smart people

Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pariveda gives you the opportunity to grow quickly with training and a clear path of expectations to move forward. The people who work here are incredibly smart and truly buy into the mission of growing people. You get a mentor and the culture is one of openness and sharing. The collaborative nature of the teams is something that I enjoy.

Cons

There are some people who do not fit the Pariveda mold. It is fast paced and can be challenging and demanding at times. This is not a place to come land and stay still in your career. This is not necessarily a con but it is something that can hinder some who don't expect the aggressive workload and fast paced career growth.

The more the transparency the better. It is always interesting to hear about the direction of the company more than once a quarter.

One of the best companies to work for

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions

Pros

Pariveda Solutions has an amazing company culture. They are all about fostering growth and career development in every single person. They have clear, written out requirements for promotions so you know exactly what you have to do to be promoted. They give constant feedback on work to ensure all employees are working properly and meeting the goals they set for themselves. The mentor program is incredibly helpful. The company pairs each employee with a mentor to discuss anything from a difficult boss, tough project, or any other questions one might have. They have a strong focus on community service. They also host many fun social events so the company can get to know their colleagues better. If you are a recent college graduate I highly recommend working here. They genuinely care about their employees and will help you launch your career. The alumni program is also something that makes Pariveda such a great company. This group is designed for alumni of the company to stay connected to one another and the company to help expand their business network. They genuinely care about their employees while they are employed and even after they have left.

Cons

It is not an easy job. Pariveda expects you to deliver results, but that is what makes the company successful.

Great company to learn with, aggressive learning environment

Former Employee - Associate (A2) in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate (A2) in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of amazing, super brilliant people here. Great benefits and competitive salaries. Regular promotion cycles, Employee stock ownership plan is a huge bonus.

Cons

One day you could be in Ft.Worth working on an 80 hour a week project and another day you'll be working 45 hours in downtown Dallas. Who knows, its business services so its all over the place.

Pariveda really cares about the individual

Current Employee - Associate Consulting in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Consulting in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pariveda is very focused on growing the individual. This is the only place I've ever worked that thinks about their people first before anything else. You will hear "but is this work interesting enough for our people? Would it help grow them?"

Cons

Pariveda has a lot of meetings. They like to do things in a face to face way, not necessarily a bad thing but your calendar is sometimes full of meetings.

Consider remote working arrangements where you could work in the office 60% of your work week and be in a home office environment. Working in the office affords great relationships but sometimes its good to break away and have solace to work on the work itself.

Incredible Experience, Great People

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not just busy work. Our leaders look for projects that are valuable to our clients, interesting for our people, and located in our region. We work in teams so there is a natural support system on our engagements as well as a great network across the company to provide guidance, insight and best practices.

Our tough hiring process probably means we miss out on some having some great people join our team but keeping the bar high means a high success rate. Working with such incredible talent makes everyone bring their 'A' game each date and ultimately grows us better and faster.

Cons

The company culture is wonderful but with rapid growth, there has been a frequent need to 'pivot' and change direction. The company leaders are very attentive to culture and continually looking to make improvements but a higher degree of formal communication would help make the need for change better understood.

Keep building this great company but look for ways to improve an already transparent organization by sharing your strategy when implementing changes.

Pariveda Solutions Photos