Park National

Park National Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Park National Chairman and CEO, Park National Corporation and Park National Bank Dan DeLawder

Dan DeLawder

PNB - Great place to work but need to pay employees more.

Newark, OH

ProsThe people and flexibility are outstanding. I enjoy my job and my coworkers/boss.

ConsThe pay is low. We lose too many good people because we are so far off what we should be paying people--but we are a business that has to make money for shareholders.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to put yourself in the shoes of a young professional trying to make ends meet on what we are paid--very difficult.

Underpaid and Overworked

ProsIt's a great place to learn, if you're in the right branch. The HR department is really friendly and will set talks at your request to discuss your career options. It's a friendly office atmosphere.

ConsAnnual pay raises are miniscule and promotion raises are usually not more than 5% of your current pay at the time of the promotion. If they pay you peanuts, you'll make maybe a few more peanuts. In today's world, it's not enough to sustain living without a roommate or other compensation. The higher you go, the more you realize that it's a good ol' boy system and that your upward mobility is limited no matter how greatly you perform. Also, they seem to have a set image of where you will advance. If you do not follow their line of advancement, you are stalled in your current position until you reconsider, or leave the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees explore other parts of the bank. If the employee is hard-working and fast learning, it's the only way they will get the experience. Hiring based on experience is a double edged sword. If they don't have it, hire them. If you don't hire them, they remain without the valuable experience that they so desired to learn.

I am very satisfied.

Trust Officer (Current Employee)

ProsThe company offers its employees great benefits.

ConsEconomic downturn of the financial sector as a whole

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in touch with your employees and do not be afraid to change with the times

Worked for Park National? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Park National reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Park National CEO Dan DeLawder. All reviews posted anonymously by Park National employees.