Park Nicollet Health Services

3.6
Park Nicollet Health Services President Steven Connelly, MD
Steven Connelly, MD
1 Rating

Pros
  • The benefits are good and the people are fun to work with (in 3 reviews)

• Was allowed to go above and beyond to support patient care in other departments (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of communication from our current nursing supervisor (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't seem to know what they are doing or they don't really care which filters down to the masses (in 2 reviews)

1. Park Nicollet Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Park Nicollet Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Patient centered Collaborative environment Transparent communication from senior leadership

Cons

More and more leadership positions are RN required. Although this "Con" would be considered a "Pro" if you are, in fact, a registered nurse.

2. Good employer

I worked at Park Nicollet Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well organized, and well thought out orientation process. Good company perks such as ability to work out in the cardiovascular center. Health benefits provide good coverage and an effort was made to keep employees engaged (ie. ice cream socials, on-site farmers market during the summer, etc)

Cons

Park Nicollet provided the most expensive health benefits I have ever had at a job, especially for healthcare system specific coverage. HR quotes "competitive pay", but they mean average. I ultimately left my position because of better pay with better benefits elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Park Nicollet should consider more ways to provide reasonable rates for healthcare coverage to employees. Ongoing analysis of each position is needed to determine what rate is competitive and cost of healthcare should be considered in salary offering.

3. Service Center Representative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

Pros

Management is good and Very Flexible

Cons

You Spend all day at a desk answering phones.. Call Center

Advice to Management

None.. It is the Job

5. It has been a great opportunity being able to help patients and know that they're in good hands!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Park Nicollet Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, great department, friendly environment, overall a great company to work for.

Cons

No bonuses, attendance percentage that is required to be under 3%

6. Admitting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Park Nicollet Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So much to remember from initial point of meeting.

Cons

updates with visits, never make it

Advice to Management

keep the silos cleared out.

7. Fantastic employees, great company!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Schedule Coordinator in Richfield, MN

I worked at Park Nicollet Health Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

While most companies come up with clever sounding "Mission, Vision and Values" to mask their true objective (making a select few rich), this is not the case with Park Nicollet. PN sincerely does care about helping patients and the surrounding community. The doctors, nurses, x-ray technicians, etc... I worked with were amazing! Large enough to provide opportunities for advancement, small enough to avoid wall street politics. I highly recommend PN to anyone looking for a career in healthcare with an organization that truly cares about ethics and improving the healthcare system for PATIENTS. Usually, when I leave an employer, I do everything in my power to never darken their door again. Ha! kidding (maybe). But, I couldn't imagine going anywhere else for healthcare for myself or my family. I really do feel that strongly about the quality of their employees and the company as a whole.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. I'm sure there are pockets of drama here and there but I was lucky enough to avoid them.

Advice to Management

It'd be awesome if you'd offer real maternity/paternity leave to employees rather than the same ol' standard STD most employers offer. Be a trendsetter! More flexibility re: telecommuting when positions can allow for it. Work/Life balance is going to be the bait that brings in and retains stellar employees.

8. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Enjoyed working there. Was able to work with a lot of people, across all different levels of seniority. Also, got to help out a lot of great patients!

Cons

Could get a little hectic at times, during the "busy season" (Winter) If you are a germaphobe...need not a apply...this is a clinic afterall

9. financial analyst

Pros

good vacation and health benefits

Cons

mgmt. does not listen to their employees

10. Good people, a lot of change.

I worked at Park Nicollet Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, healthy environment, good benefits

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities, a lot of change

11. it was an interesting and fun experience.

Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

It's a well known company. The people are very nice and friendly. The vacation benefits are great you get 29 days as a full time employee your first year. Company values are the same everywhere, nothing different. the The work life balance is great as a salaried employee.

Cons

The training was very minimal and disorganized at best. Lots of different direction from too many different people. There are different expectations for different people with no accountability. The pay for the job was much lower than standard. I took a huge pay cut to come here.

Advice to Management

I think there should be better training for the position. Also, I believe it's imperative that if a manager manages you, they know the job you are doing. If someone is set to mentor you, then weekly updates are important, not just finding out you aren't doing something correctly via your boss.

RSS Feed </> Embed