Park Place Motorcars

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ken Schnitzer Jr.

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Treated very well. The company really shows interest in employees.

Loan Car Administrator (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe company is all about making employees happy. They have an excellent HR department. There is a ton of internal promotions.

ConsIt is an extremely busy environment. Must be able to work on weekends if in service or sales.

Awesome place to work, great people, and the best company party's

Service (Current Employee) Grapevine, TX

ProsPark Place and Mercedes Benz pays you to lease a Car after working there for 3 years, Fun place to work, management is friendly, awesome benefits, 401K, Complimentary life insurance, always providing us with the tools we need, the newest technology at our finger tips, terrific training programs, most of the clients are nice, Park Place rented out medieval times twice, Cowboys Stadium twice, Ranger stadium four or five times, and six flags for company and family parties for employees.

ConsManagers Sometimes take a long time to move people up mainly because no one ever quits. so it can be hard to move up. hard to trust the sales managers to give you the best employee deal when purchasing pre-owned or new cars. found it better just to purchase elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. and Sales don't pick out Your favorite employees to give better deals to when purchasing cars should be fair to all Employees.

Summer Intern for Park Place -- great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros-Park Place puts you through an EXCELLENT training program. Absolutely wonderful, efficient, and smart. And you're paid through it--a great perk for a college intern.
    -The pay is competitive. Not the highest I've ever seen for an intern but definitely higher than all my other internships.
    -They have internships in every category of the company.
    -It's clear they care about you and your own personal growth.
    -If you need something, be it a car to go to and from work, they will help you out.
    -Everyone is so nice! And people take the time to remember your name.

Cons-I'm not sure if this is a con, but perhaps they care a little bit too much about your personal wants? They will go out of their way to give you work you want, but maybe too much of what you want.
    -Sometimes there was a lack of work to do--but this is normal for most internships.

Advice to Senior Management-If an intern doesn't know exactly what they want to do, try giving them a variety of different kinds of projects, etc.
    -Maybe an extra day here or there for us to explore different facets of the company. Or to see Park Place's other vendors, etc.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work, with great people and great products!

Sales (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsProducts, People, Customers, Services, Potential

ConsHours, Management, that's about it

Advice to Senior Managementease up on some of the rules for hours worked... sometimes family becomes a priority over a job.

sales

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGood compensation,company morals, different than your typical auto dealership

ConsLong hours, little room for upward mobility

Great Place to work

Automotive Technician (Former Employee) Bedford, TX

ProsGreat values, great team work, it was just a really good place to have a career.

ConsAt this time I do not remember any cons that I can truthfully mention

Good, fast paced job

Car Wash (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood place for high school and college students to work. Internships are available and upward movement is possible.

ConsNo flexible schedule and most employees work Saturdays.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration employee input for smoother operations.

"Experts in Excellence." The idea is right, The execution: A step above neolithic incompetency.

Valet/Greeter (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros-Base pay is decent, but taxes and deductions eat it up quickly.

-Good benefits, Incentives.

-Often busy pace, There is always something to do.

Cons-The hours and general scheduling if left alone can leave a lot to be desired, Often chewing up your whole day.

-Promotion is seemingly possible, but unfortunately with as many deciding factors as there are in the automobile service, and sales industry, it is very easy to slip up and have that be the cause of getting passed over for a promotion or bonus.

-The constant feeling of micromanagement is felt in just about everything that one as a Valet does. (The Greeters tell Valet's what to do, The Asst. Lead Valet tells Valet's what to do. The Lead Valet tells Valet's what to do, The Asst. Service Managers, or Service Advisors usually don't get involved, but their higher-ups, Service Managers will step in and tell Valet's what to do. Even the Service Director, and up on higher will tell Valet's what to do. )

In short, there is almost as many management figures as there are Valet's, And at times it can be very disconcerting, and even irritating to go take care of a task and have 5 different levels of management ask/tell you about it.

-The Asst. Service Managers at times can be lackadaisical in their response to a waiting client on the service drive.

-As with any environment where there are many in the same position, there is the usual element of competitive smearing (Someone in your same position making you look bad in front of management or fellow peers), and gossip. Word gets to management quickly over any little quibble.

Advice to Senior Management-Allow one to take ownership over their work and perfect it.
    -Make promotion an even more attractive and attainable incentive, not just a carrot on a stick in front of the proverbial donkey.

Problems that need to be fixed

Valet (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros-Pays well
    -Can make friends in the work place

Cons-The hours at Park Place are horrible and long
    -No good channels of promotion. Most people in upper management have either been there forever or are placed there from outside.
    -Can't take ownership of your own job and improve
    -Upper level employees can be condescending
    -Management either has no policies or does not follow them. If there is a problem no one knows the procedure for dealing with it and usually gets botched.
    -The car dealership world can bring about sketchy environments

Advice to Senior ManagementPut down policies and procedures so that everyone is on the same page and make sure you follow them.

Worked for Park Place Motorcars? Contribute to the Community!