Park Place Technologies

1. Hard Work Gets Recognized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, OH

I have been working at Park Place Technologies

Pros

Great benefits and culture at a growing company. Plenty of opportunity to advance in your role. If you put in an effort, hard work gets recognized.

Cons

Executives can be hard to get a hold of or are not very visible. No work from home days, but hopefully this can change in the near future.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve and refine company challenges. Listening to employee feedback ensures Park Place is a great place to work.

2. Was very good Company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

I worked at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good CEO and COO. They care about employees, have fun activities and most people there get along pretty well. Fairly low turnover. Nice corporate building. Good computer systems. People there enjoy working with each other, most get along very well together.

Cons

Fairly stressful in sales as its demanding to reach goals but you can make very good money. Upper IT Management can be a little difficult to work with but rest of team is fine. Contracts department seems the most stressed of all departments (excluding sales). New employees sometimes are told in interview they would be doing one thing but it changes when they start. When interviewing, ask twice what you will be working on.

Advice to Management

Try and listen a little more to employees while they are there instead of when they leave and I think you will have a little less turnover which is not that bad. It is still a very good company to work for so keep up most of what you are doing.

3. Salesperson

I worked at Park Place Technologies full-time

Pros

There are no pros for this company. They lie and have no integrity. 2 week training and they pay for it.

Cons

Lack of training properly, and they expect you to perform. Bigots, lack of integrity. They do not uphold to their promises. They let people go prior to 60 days, you do not even know the job. They are basically lacking in morals.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, keep your promises, more training so that the employee will thrive. You are liars. Train your managers.

Awefull Regressive company the deals with old technologies ONLY.

I worked at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a job that you can't put on your resume then this is the place for you. If you're looing for a position where you get to deal with deprecated technologies, then this is the place for you.

Cons

This is a place where former 'Engineers' go to expire. A purgatory of Engineers that are no longer looking to keep up with cutting edge technology. If you're expecting to be intellectually challenged then you should look elsewhere. Too many uncalled for trips to the main office when time could be better utilized working on job related matters. Work flows, and structure is at minimum is non existent. Business methods are at least 20 years behind the Silicon Valley.

Advice to Management

Value your people more, and stop making empty promises about getting qualified help for overworked Engineers. The expectation of getting calls at very odd hours of the night needs to be given some thought. Treat your Engineers as Engineers , and not as Technicians working for a sweat shop, and being at your beck and call 24x7 including weekends.

Fast growing company. Great work environment

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been working there a few years now in the Call Center. There have been drastic changes to accommodate the rapidly growing customer base. Very flexible scheduling if you need to do something in your oersonal life that is during your work time they try to work with you to allow that. Does not always happen but they do their best. Some people also have the ability to work from home if they are willing to work slight off hours and weekends. OT is available often and bonuses are available if you work hard.

Cons

Can be difficult to earn the bonuses. Communication comes in the form of emails and you are expected to remember every change in procedure from those emails and they come very often and very fast. The pay is not bad but could be better. For a traditional call center the pay is great, but this is not a traditional call center, you have to know a lot more than a simple script.
    Can be difficult to advance unless you have a degree.

Advice to Management

Reward you hard and dedicated workers more fairly. Get out if the habit at just looking at the stats. While stats are helpful there are other ways of looking at how a worker is performing.

Great company to work for!!

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are first-rate!! They are always willing to help.

Cons

The amount of travel can be excessive.

BDR

Current Employee - BDR in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - BDR in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Empty Promises throughout course being here

Advice to Management

better organization

A growing company and great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chagrin Falls, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chagrin Falls, OH

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Park Place Technologies has really helped me advance my career. Being here for several years, starting off at an entry level position to where I am today could not have happened if I did not get the support and guidance that I needed from all the executives and managers. Every employee has the same positive attitude and helps you exceed in your position. The culture is amazing. Benefits package could not be better. You work hard and get rewarded for it. Work life balance is great. The company tries to do several social events and gives extra time for holidays. It is the whole package!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Amazing place to advance your career

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

2 things really sum up this company better than anything else: The Northcoast 99 Award (Best Workplaces for Top Talent in NE Ohio) 4 years running, and consistent single-digit turnover rates. This is a place where people want to join, and don't want to leave. Maybe it's the softball games, the semi-annual cornhole tournaments, the spa days, the marathon runs, the huge referral bonuses, or the industry-leading benefits, but I would say that's all icing on the cake. Park Place has a true philosophy of recruiting top talent and training/developing/advancing internally. You know how at most companies, after you've put in a ton of time and gotten everything you can out of your role, there comes a time where to advance your career you need to leave your company and look elsewhere for that perfect next career step? Not at Park Place.

Cons

This is the best job I've ever had, the best boss I've ever had, and the most fun I've had while on the job, not to mention I know for a fact that I get paid above market. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Rock on.

Employee Centric Company Culture

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Park Place really cares about their employees. From the benefits the company provides to the activities/programs available to the employees, you can tell that Park Place appreciates their employees. Park Place has continued to grow over the last few years that I've been here, and is not showing signs of slowing down. This is a great company for people just starting their career and for those who may be looking for an exciting change.

Cons

None to share at this time.

RSS Feed </> Embed