Park Plaza Hospital

Updated June 19, 2014
Updated June 19, 2014

2.2

CEO

It was great until I was released due to reduction in force.

Former Employee - Imaging Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Imaging Coordinator in Houston, TX

Pros

The coworkers. Manager was great!

Cons

Reduction in force. Did not value me.

Value your Employees.

AMI PARK PLAZA HOSPITAL

Former Employee - Assistant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant in Houston, TX

Pros

None! Worst place ever. Used to be A M I PARK PLAZA HOSPITAL - Arabian Medical Institute

Cons

I went to work here and was overwhelmed with work while others sat behind closed doors and did NOTHING. I did all the work assigned to me and more which included answering all the phones for buyers and managers. I was constantly being harassed by a disgruntled female employee. They did nothing to stop this ugly, Schizophrenic bully. I was laid off after a month along with about 200 others. Poor management and even worse Human Resources directors.

Fire everyone including yourselves. Board of Directors start with a clean slate.

It is a good place to work if you want a "job" but not good if you want a "career".

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

There is a sense of community: everyone knows eveyone.

Cons

-Lack of growth opportunies
    -Favoritism, partiality, groupies
    -Lack of recognition for hard work in some departments
    -unexpected layoffs and staff reduction

Make sure that every department has individuals who work hard. Make sure that each department has an opportunity to recognize these individuals.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The most backwards hospital I've ever encountered.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX

Pros

Small town charm, small staff means administration knows your name. Unfortunately, supplies are often unavailable, & they are very behind the times as far as technology...who still charts ON PAPER??

Cons

My management is almost non existent, but when they grace us with their presence, it is to reprimand or criticize. Rarely is interaction with management positive. Frequently denied a lunch break. Staffing is always tight.

Praise your staff. Recognize your superstars & consistent hard workers. You cannot march a hungry army...FEED YOUR STAFF! Be present...it's hard for any team to trust a leader who isn't present. Communicate, if you need an employee to stay late-TELL THEM. I've been a nurse for many years, in many institutions, nationwide...never have I felt less appreciated, respected, or less autonomous.

This hospital is cheap!

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX

Pros

Little work, good hours, fair benefits package.

Cons

They cut back on everything here. Last month they took all the water coolers out of the hospital, and this place doesn't even have water fountains. If the work is slow here for just a minute they will start sending people home whether they like it or not. Overtime is absolutely out of the question.

Please do some work on this place. I know that it was biult in the 70's, but please update it at least a little. Stop being so cheap, making all these cut-backs is going to hurt you in the long run.

Worked for Park Plaza Hospital? Contribute to the Community!