Parker Drilling

www.parkerdrilling.com

Parker Drilling Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Parker Drilling – “Parker Drilling Arctic Team”

Parker Drilling – “Parker Drilling Arctic Team”

Parker Drilling CEO Gary Rich

Gary Rich

Not easy but worth it

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThere was god opportunity for advancement. It was a small company, so you could experience more.

ConsLimited workspace and lots of overtime. There was always an expectation that when you left you were available to work from home. If you were working for the right person, the opportunity for advancement was there but there was no official review program so hard to make it unless part of the in-crowd. Small company trying to be bigger so seemed to be slowly forgetting about the importance of keeping its people happy.

Good company, Not completely together

Rig Mechanic (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood company with friendly employees. Very trusting in the ability of their people. Decent compensation and benefits, Rotation is standard.

ConsTend to put the cart before the horse and I don't think that some of the people put as much into work as they should on behalf of the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your people happy

Great job opportunities with chance to get ahead

Attorney (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsParker Drilling has a long history, but it feels like a place where even new employees can help to make a big difference in the way business is done. If you are willing to work, and you care about your results, you can go far in this company.

ConsNot as many corporate events as I would like where employees can blow off steam and get to know each other outside the office.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great start out job

Prosthey have very good cooking

Consit is a low paying company

Top shelf Equipment and Management

Assistant Driller (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsSafe environment excellent state of the art equipment

ConsH R and screening of new hires need to weed out drug addicts drunks and comp hands and hands with illegal papers

Great Company. One of the best I worked for

Project Scheduler (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSmall company with easy access to Senior Management.

ConsNewer Senior management doesn't have the vision or experience of past teams

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease retain well experienced VPs and above.

Family atmosphere and people work well together in teams, growing company, making positive changes.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNew people in key positions making positive changes. Company is good to the employees and has a relaxed environment, where we can have fun and still get the work done.

ConsCompany doesn't always understand what value some of their employees can add and limits career growth of those employees as a result. Company doesn't pay as well as others in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the contributions your employees can make and promote them to the appropriate roles for their expertise and experience and pay them accordingly for the value they will be providing in those roles.

Unclear carreer path

ProsCompany going through transition. New CEO, new CFO, new VP-HR... trying to find the path between how things were made 4 decades ago and "modern" managament. Good pay, average benefits. Good operations at the rigs.

ConsUnclear carreer path. Not enough challenges. Lots of individual work, little team work. Not a learning culture, little/none training.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf companies exists because of its people, make sure you make your employees grow with the company. Provide and support a learning culture. Let your employees understand the vision and the objectives of their function. Provide a carreer path.

Semi-Family company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThose that have been with the company for a while treat it as a family company, however those that are newer have a more political environment.

ConsGetting away from a family feeling, stagnant company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the employees happy, keep more employees.

Louisianans don't mix well with normal people-if you're not in their clique, forget having a good experience

VFD Electrician (Former Employee) Anchorage, AK

Prosthe pay is good, some of management is made up of good people

Consa lot of backstabbing and dishonesty, people climbing over other people, favoritism shown by management to family who also work there, incompetence and arrogance

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to do a construction project, don't manage that project with unqualified Parker employees just to keep it in the family, you wouldn't be getting sued by BP right now if you had left the construction of the AADU project to QUALIFIED management teams

Worked for Parker Drilling? Contribute to the Community!