Parker Hannifin

Parker Hannifin Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Parker Hannifin Chairman, President, and CEO Don Washkewicz

Don Washkewicz

Pros
  • They need good benefits because everyone hates to work here(in 16 reviews)

• Decent, safety conscious company with fairly good pay and benefits(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's interesting to see all upper management with huge years of employment at Parker(in 12 reviews)

• Mixed priorities may be frustrating at times(in 4 reviews)

Great company!!

ProsMany opportunities are available at Parker. They want their employees to succeed.

ConsParker is a great company, no cons.

Outstanding wellness benefits!

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsParker's wellness benefits are outstanding and well beyond what most employers provide. They continue to improve offerings year over year. Solid company with great coworkers.

ConsCompany is still trying to drive more of a continuous improvement, high performing work culture. They still have a ways to go but are making strides.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve in career development, exporting of talent across divisions, and retaining top talent.

My experience has been mostly good, however I do feel that some people are catered to, andother have been treated unfair

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Moncks Corner, SC

ProsFlex time is good, however Parker does not allow one person to adjusst their schedule but will allow another person to do adjust their schedule for the exact same thing. We still have health insurance though out of pocket and deductibles are getting higher. Cam program is okay.

ConsConstant changes, some good, some bad. Pay raises do not keep up with inflation at all. Benefits are being cut. Insurance cost more for to get less. Vacation is decent, DTO program is still in place but the company has started targeting every one for using it, because a few have abused it. Target the abusers leave the rest of us alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart giving the Hourly
    wage earners raises, before you lose all of your talented workers to Boeing, Bosch and othe companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Engineer

ProsOverall good place to work. Compensation is below average, but very good health insurance and preventative maintenance plans.
    Stable job provided sales are to plan.
    All workers have the same end goal in mind.

ConsCompensation not inline with state in which you are living... All based on Cleveland cost of living.
    No real succession planning... What will happen when the 20+ year employees retire?
    Behind the 8 ball with regards to competition and technology.

Engineering Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Jacksonville, AL

ProsGreat opportunity to learn about your field of study. Very good work atmosphere and felt like a family. Great company and great people!

ConsNot alot of work for interns. Needed more projects, but overall good to put on your resume.

Top company to work for!!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, job security, top notch pay and you feel like you are working for a company who cares about their employees!!

ConsNot very many sales position openings. Lengthy hiring process and very detailed background search.

Great Company, Poor Marketing

Marketing Services (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsReally enjoyed working for PH, they had some really great people and working environment was top notch. They really cared about you. I heard that the benefits are great, but as an intern I didn't get to experience that. The pay for an intern was awesome, not sure about a full time employee, but if they offer 19/hr for internship? Probably quite good for a FTE.

ConsNot much job perspectives for marketing/advertising in this company. I felt back in the stone-age when considering what they could be doing for their company, at least in the Columbus branch. Seemed like they didn't really want to invest in any marketing efforts, and what they do have working for them, the corporate marketing team seemed upset with any ideas that we tried to bring up. A lot of corporate drama.

Great place for advancement and development. Very health orientated.

ProsThey offer profit sharing and great alternative health benefits. Great development opportunities.

ConsCompensation is on the lower end.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the accomplishments.

Eng. Intern

ProsVery good opprtunities and environment to work

Consvery far from city area

Design Engineering Intern at Parker Aerospace Fluids Systems Division

Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros- Great compensation for an intern.
    - Heavy involvement with actual detailed engineering work. Very little menial tasks that are often expected of interns.
    - Lots of networking opportunities with clients and vendors.

Cons- Given the great level of confidence placed on interns, it can be very easy to acquire the same workload as a full-time engineer while still attending school full-time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really, perhaps offer more training opportunities to interns and co-ops.

Worked for Parker Hannifin? Contribute to the Community!