Parker Hannifin Reviews

Updated August 20, 2014

3.2

Parker Hannifin Chairman, President, and CEO Don Washkewicz
Don Washkewicz

Pros
  • They need good benefits because everyone hates to work here (in 16 reviews)

• Decent, safety conscious company with fairly good pay and benefits (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's interesting to see all upper management with huge years of employment at Parker (in 12 reviews)

• Mixed priorities may be frustrating at times (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Metric Mania

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits in a great location

Cons

Layers of bureaucracy make progress difficult. Thousand of metrics, many are meaningless

Review your ranks.

Company with paradoxical culture and outlook.

Former Employee - Director  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Focuses employees -- training and respective culture.

Cons

Highly decentralized makes for inefficiency in communizing operations. Work-life balance is poor. Very political. They do not generally focus on the right numbers so how you manage your superiors dictates how you do.

Revamp your culture and your methodologies.

Overall satisfying and employee focused

Current Employee - Undergraduate Electrical Engineer  in  Dewsbury, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Undergraduate Electrical Engineer in Dewsbury, England (UK)

I have been working at Parker Hannifin as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Great people, multinational, multi-cultural, profit driven and solving real world engineering problems makes it challenging and great for young players to learn.

Cons

having the right skills, knowing your potential, effective problem solver, active team player and result driven.

Create more opportunities for entry level graduates throughout the globe. Induce more fresh blood to the company and make it even young and friendly place to work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best job I ever had!!

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant  in  Morton, IL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Morton, IL

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked in the HR department in Morton and the training and opportunities to advance or take on more responsibilities were great! My boss was awesome and always willing to teach me and help me set and reach my goals. She was always open to ideas and suggestions and willing to try new things. Employee incentives and recognition programs were top notch. I also liked the fact that for the most part everyone worked together as a team.

Cons

Sad, but true, I honestly can't think of anything that actually pertained to me.

Knowledgeable experience but poor HR policies

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to work, comparably better salary (slightly), good health insurance benefits for self and parents/spouse and children, good allowances for stay and food during travel

Cons

Extremely bad HR policies, work place is out of the city, less communication to the lower level employees, no appreciation or rewards for achievements, performance charts doesn't make a difference between 5 stars and 3 stars

concentrate on the voice of lower level employees, improve HR practices, rewards and appreciation is a driving force and should be implemented

Top Heavy - For MEN ONLY!

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The only reason is a meager paycheck

Cons

Everything is a challenge for any woman in this company - Blatant disregard for laws. Rampant discrimination is a daily ritual, in which all the upper management (all men) partake. It is hard to believe what they all get away with everyday! Exclusion, sarcastic remarks, illegal posters, calendars, emails etc…Remarks about how incompetent women are and interesting how they are the first to go during a layoff…..This company and all their divisions should be investigated for harassment and discrimination!

Get rid of these good old boys - they are not following the rules or laws and it seems even though Parker knows - Parker doesn't seem to care...

Business Development Manager

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, salaries, bonus, retirement was competitive. Training better than most...However the unethical way I was terminated in the end by my manager was not right...*See the rest of the story below

Cons

... after 24 years growing the core business and years loyalty/acceptable levels of service to this business, My job was terminated as a portion of my job responsibilities was transferred back again to the Division from which it originally came. This was a neglected / troubled business when transferred to our Division and still remained to have equipment performance problems when it was finally returned some 2.5 years later so I cannot help but think that my termination was motivated by Corporate management's aim to reduce a higher management level overhead cost. During the 2.5 year period of attempting to return this troubled business back to an level of acceptable performance, I still had responsibility to the our core business development and yearly budgeted business metrics for meeting established targets.. so if I would have been told that my employment would have been directly dependent on the survival of this transferred / troubled business then I would not have agreed to take it on

awesome

Current Employee - CNC Operator  in  Lewisburg, OH
    Current Employee - CNC Operator in Lewisburg, OH

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice people who care about you being happy.

Cons

work through temp service. hard to get hired

I am a great person to have on your team

Impersonal and Unethical

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros of Company:
    Many fine engineers that work here, there is a huge amount of intelligence and capability.
    Excellent location, would be a fine place to live closely to.

Cons

There are a few very glaring Cons.
    The management is very competitive and pushes the employees to the breaking point. Many non-managers work 12-14 hrs and more. Little to no extra compensation for the extra hours, it has become required to do this. Raises are usually in the 0-3.5% range, while management retains the 10-20% for raises and compensation.

Do not hire people, have them move here and then lay them off a few DAYS later. It is not only poor business practice, it is unethical.

if you like to stay stuck on a not going nowhere position, this is the place for you

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company cares about moving forward to lean manufacturing, very Nice wellness plan that helps prevent future illnesses, eleven paid holidays.

Cons

not good place to start a career, no valuable training available, career advance very poor, yearly review depends on you manager even though most of the time he is not around. most of employee are unhappy with upper management, MSD continues laying people off. paycheck comes once a month only.

Worked for Parker Hannifin? Contribute to the Community!