Parker Hannifin

Updated December 18, 2014
3.3

Parker Hannifin Chairman, President, and CEO Don Washkewicz
Don Washkewicz

Pros
  • They need good benefits because everyone hates to work here (in 19 reviews)

• Awesome company to work for, great flexibility and great people (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • most of employee are unhappy with upper management, MSD continues laying people off (in 13 reviews)

• Needs better upper management, and better work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

awesome

Current Employee - CNC Operator in Lewisburg, OH
    Current Employee - CNC Operator in Lewisburg, OH

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nice people who care about you being happy.

Cons

work through temp service. hard to get hired

I am a great person to have on your team

Great liars are also great magicians

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Parker Hannifin

Pros

It is a at will employment so you can quit @ any time. Parker hannifin merrillville indiana.

Cons

Management hires family members and implements them to supervisors positions, with no high school education . English is a second rate language, Management hires foreign workers who are Shown favoritism over American workers. If you're not from a European countries, you will be let go quickly.

Quit hiring family members who run out non family members, just to secure there own job and overtime. When did English become a second language? Thank god that the people you employee don't think, Empowered employees is a joke. Did you only attended a university just to learn how to hold a knife and fork, where is your conscious.

Good Old Boy Place to Work

Former Employee - Operations Team Leader in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Team Leader in Irvine, CA

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paychecks cash and plenty of chances to become expert at CYA tactics. You'll also learn how metrics drive RONA which at the end of the day makes everyone an expediter.

Cons

Everybody is in operations regardless of title and it all boils down to who screams the loudest. Make sure you have your bosses back at all times and never forget that when RIFs are on the horizon, they will not have yours. Lastly, PIPs are based on he said, she said innuendo and not performance. If you find yourself on one, take the severance and run for the hills.

Maybe just maybe respond to an e-mail, a voice mail, or a request for help at least once a year.

System Engineer

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits are good thing

Cons

there are severe bureaucracy in this company

Minimize management change

Metric Mania

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits in a great location

Cons

Layers of bureaucracy make progress difficult. Thousand of metrics, many are meaningless

Review your ranks.

Company with paradoxical culture and outlook.

Former Employee - Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Focuses employees -- training and respective culture.

Cons

Highly decentralized makes for inefficiency in communizing operations. Work-life balance is poor. Very political. They do not generally focus on the right numbers so how you manage your superiors dictates how you do.

Revamp your culture and your methodologies.

Business Development Manager

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, salaries, bonus, retirement was competitive. Training better than most...However the unethical way I was terminated in the end by my manager was not right...*See the rest of the story below

Cons

... after 24 years growing the core business and years loyalty/acceptable levels of service to this business, My job was terminated as a portion of my job responsibilities was transferred back again to the Division from which it originally came. This was a neglected / troubled business when transferred to our Division and still remained to have equipment performance problems when it was finally returned some 2.5 years later so I cannot help but think that my termination was motivated by Corporate management's aim to reduce a higher management level overhead cost. During the 2.5 year period of attempting to return this troubled business back to an level of acceptable performance, I still had responsibility to the our core business development and yearly budgeted business metrics for meeting established targets.. so if I would have been told that my employment would have been directly dependent on the survival of this transferred / troubled business then I would not have agreed to take it on

Great company!!

I have been working at Parker Hannifin

Pros

Many opportunities are available at Parker. They want their employees to succeed.

Cons

Parker is a great company, no cons.

if you like to stay stuck on a not going nowhere position, this is the place for you

Former Employee - Engineer in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company cares about moving forward to lean manufacturing, very Nice wellness plan that helps prevent future illnesses, eleven paid holidays.

Cons

not good place to start a career, no valuable training available, career advance very poor, yearly review depends on you manager even though most of the time he is not around. most of employee are unhappy with upper management, MSD continues laying people off. paycheck comes once a month only.

My experience has been mostly good, however I do feel that some people are catered to, andother have been treated unfair

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moncks Corner, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moncks Corner, SC

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flex time is good, however Parker does not allow one person to adjusst their schedule but will allow another person to do adjust their schedule for the exact same thing. We still have health insurance though out of pocket and deductibles are getting higher. Cam program is okay.

Cons

Constant changes, some good, some bad. Pay raises do not keep up with inflation at all. Benefits are being cut. Insurance cost more for to get less. Vacation is decent, DTO program is still in place but the company has started targeting every one for using it, because a few have abused it. Target the abusers leave the rest of us alone.

Start giving the Hourly
    wage earners raises, before you lose all of your talented workers to Boeing, Bosch and othe companies.