Parker & Lynch Reviews

3.2
CEO

1. Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Parker & Lynch

Pros

This is the best place I have ever worked. Our company takes a lot of pride in matching candidates with our clients. We save our clients a lot of time by weeding out people who are terrible interviewers, present poorly, are unprofessional, can't show up on time, have bad attitudes, bad personalities, unrealistic expectations for what they're worth, and people who think they are entitled. Only the best that we see in our offices get pushed to our clients.

Cons

Dealing with people who think we are an "employment agency". We don't owe you a job. Your interview in our office is harder than the one with our clients. That's the value we provide to our clients. They don't pay us to find people who come on this website to write a bad review about how we can't "get you a job"; yet can't spell or use proper grammar. Sounds like you were properly screened out and not allowed access to our client base. If you're looking for an "employment agency", go get in line at your local unemployment office or go interview with some of our competition with much lower standards.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on! Training is excellent, keep investing heavily into the high performers! Stay selective! It's who we are.

recruiter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

recruiting in general is a good industry to work in but the company culture and training program can really make or break the environment

Cons

micro managing management style, different compensation structures for different offices which is very unfair (some offices take 5%, some take 10%, some take 25%) out of the recruiters portion to give to sales people for every placement, management spends a lot of money on trips to exotic places for management, but the money makers don't get many perks, training program is not the best.

Advice to Management

tailor your management style to the different personality types in this industry. Staffing managers, recruiters, etc need to be managed differently and given a different level of autonomy. Stop spending money on sending your executives on trips and glamorizing it around the company like it's a perk when the money makers are actually paying their salaries.

Worse than a telemarketing agency.

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

.... They sometimes provide lunch if you are forced to work through? There aren't many pros here.

Cons

Horrible working environment. Turns into a call center after you're shown this loving carefree environment in the interview. Management is 100% out for themselves. That's why they last so long. They work their teams up, get them making good money, then fire them to get their business and they're secure for life. Great scheme for them so why would they allow complaints? The company forces you to lie- of course mr candidate we have 4 jobs your a fit for. But not a single one ever gets discussed because, we don't have anything for you! But in order to meet our interview quota, you have to come in and sit with us. So behind on the times of technology. Surprised they even have laptops and not searching through the classifieds for job orders. They don't believe in Skype, google docs, zoom, etc. it's as if our grandparents made the work rules and everyone is drinking the koolaid.

Advice to Management

Keep up the scheme. It works well once you're in management. So about 2% of the company is rolling in money and happy as can be while the rest suffer and stress.

5. Blasts your resume

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Parker & Lynch

Pros

Have some clients that are loyal

Cons

Sent my resume to clients without telling me- then when client wanted to see me and I stated I had not told them to send my resume to that client, The recruiter told me that when I came in I gave them permission to shot gun blast my resume and they didn't have to tell me where they were sending it.

Advice to Management

Candidates should know where their resume is being sent

6. Bad as most employment agencies are

I worked at Parker & Lynch

Pros

Stay away. Recruiters lie, I believe most jobs on their website do not exist at all.

Cons

They lie they have a job for you just to make you lose your time and money and come for the interview to down town. During the interview they try to find out where did you apply for a job to get some leads from you. If you tell them where you have already applied - be sure - you will not get that job. In fact, they want you to do the job they are supposed to do.

Advice to Management

The best way to get more job is to be honest and get me a job. If you do that I will referee my friends to you. Doing what you doing you just lose jobs.

7. Account Analyst

I worked at Parker & Lynch

Pros

There are no pros. This is the worse employment agency I have ever been.

Cons

They helped me to lose a job.

Advice to Management

Train your recruiters to be honest. You lose customers by cheating.

Not a career.. This is a job...

Former Employee - Division Director
    Former Employee - Division Director

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Esthetically pleasing offices which are poorly managed.

Cons

Poor leadership, no development, lack of direction, strict hours. Most offices have trouble retaining good people. Senior Management will do anything to get you in the door and make them a buck. They are not concerned with your career, it's all about their bottom line. I would highly suggest looking into other firms.

9. I love working here! I have had the most amazing boss and coworkers

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Parker & Lynch

Pros

The chance to make a lot of money

Cons

There are a lot of highs and lows in this job

10. High Caliber Firm

I have been working at Parker & Lynch

Pros

Experienced a high level of professionalism and camaraderie at Parker + Lynch in the two months since I started. Find everyone to be the brightest, hardest-working, and nicest people to work with. Am being given extensive and superior training compared to the other recruitment/staffing firms I’ve worked for in my 15 years in the industry. Have been given the opportunity to visit other offices, participate in revenue sharing immediately, and have been made to feel a welcome member of the team.

Cons

Have yet to discover any disadvantages of working for this company; it's nice that everybody works really hard and efficiently and gets paid well for it.

11. I love my job!! I could not have picked a better company and team to work with!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, team environment. We care about our clients and candidates equally. Our business is long-term focused. The money is great. You have to work and be dedicated to be a top performer and it is totally worth it. The company takes care of good employees. Fast paced, the days go by quickly. Fun! Great benefits and extras.

Cons

It is hard to be away from the office for longer than a day or two if you are a top performer. The work is never done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Senior leadership is amazing. I truly feel appreciated and valued.

RSS Feed </> Embed