Parker & Lynch Reviews

3.1

CEO

#my job's more fun

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

benefits, charity, cush hours and great pay

Cons

not enough hours in the day to do what i love

Show no favortism

Only focused on activity numbers not quality

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time

Pros

Gave me a chance with no recruiting experience

Cons

No formal training until after you are there almost a year. Not a lot of guidance to be successful. The comp structure is tough.

It would be nice to be rewarded once in a while.

Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment, competitive comp plan, fun place to work.

Cons

Nothing at this time, it really is a fantastic place to work.

Keep up the good work!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall a good place to work

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of informal as well as formal training, social culture, small 'perks' like catered lunches or a manager bringing in cookies, hands-off management style - they expect you to know your job, be an adult and get on with it, which is great for more experienced hires. Uncapped commission/bonuses so you really can earn as much as you want compared to the effort you're prepared to put in.

Cons

Relations between Parker + Lynch ( the perm side of the business) and Accounting Principals (the temp & temp to hire side) can sometimes get strained, as their objectives aren't always aligned and so cross-selling can be difficult (eg aiming for different bill rates in client negotiations with the same firm).
    The corporate IT is dreadful - the database is clunky and one of the worst I've come across in over 20 years in the recruitment industry, and the IT support helpdesk is awful, it can take hours just to get connected to a printer for example.

Better initial induction would be good, especially for those coming from sales or industry with little recruitment background. Both the basics of 'how to do recruitment' and all the company procedure and culture stuff (how to sign up for benefits, submit expenses, etc) were skipped over or missed out entirely for myself and several other new hires I spoke to, and people have to ask busy colleagues for help or work it out for themselves.

Parker and Lynch is a nightmare. I felt like I was in a high school environment!

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time

Pros

Parker and Lynch is a good stepping stone for transitioning into better corporations. No one wants to stay here long-term.

Cons

The company boasts a horrible culture that thrives on negativity, gossip, and political favoritism. Little to no training is provided for new employees. Plus, the executive recruiters typically work on "purple squirrel" positions that are difficult and tedious to fill.

"Do as you say and say as you mean." Management should stop overselling and glamorizing their company and internal positions.

Executive Recruiter

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time

Pros

Fun culture, great tools provided to help you succeed, autonomy to run your business, team atmoshere, your valued as a business partner by upper-management, and overall the best sales environment that allows for both new and experienced recruiters the ability to succeed.

Cons

If you need structure and need someone telling what to do all the time to meet your activity - this would not be the right fit.

not customer service oriented

I worked at Parker & Lynch

Pros

have good clients. have a flashy office space.

Cons

recruiters are trained to not be customer service oriented (don't get paid to be the nice guy)... if you are not big 4 public accounting then forget it.. in recruiting they are focused on the quick and easy placement. turnover is high and training is sub-par.

rather than focusing on the volume of calls, better to focus on the quality of calls... builds much better rapport with clients and candidates, forms more loyal bonds on both ends. Most of the markets are relatively small and creating committed relationships is essential in a market place with so much competition.

Very exciting and flexible work experience with amazing people to work with.

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are great. Its a very team oriented environment where everyone does not act selfishly with their job orders or candidates. The recruiting atmosphere is very collaborative and that leads to the success of everyone in the office.

Cons

You do get a draw with the recruiting position that you must pay off before collecting your commissions. There can be lots of office changes because recruiting by nature is a high turnover profession.

Switch the software system from Cosmos to a program more user friendly such as LinkedIn's recruiting platform which is amazing.

Will never return phone calls.

I have been working at Parker & Lynch

Pros

The recruiters are nice and professional when you see them in their office.

Cons

If you ever try to call them back for anything they will A) never be available to answer their phone and B) will not return your calls when you leave them voicemail.

Its a temp agent.

I worked at Parker & Lynch as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They have good clients to work with.

Cons

Pay isn't great at per hour.

Worked for Parker & Lynch? Contribute to the Community!