Parker & Lynch Reviews

1. I love working here! I have had the most amazing boss and coworkers

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Parker & Lynch

Pros

The chance to make a lot of money

Cons

There are a lot of highs and lows in this job

2. Project Manager

Current Contractor - Project Management in McLean, VA
    Current Contractor - Project Management in McLean, VA

I have been working at Parker & Lynch as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits for Contractors better than average

Cons

Once contract completed, received zero follow up on potential new contracts.

3. High Caliber Firm

I have been working at Parker & Lynch

Pros

Experienced a high level of professionalism and camaraderie at Parker + Lynch in the two months since I started. Find everyone to be the brightest, hardest-working, and nicest people to work with. Am being given extensive and superior training compared to the other recruitment/staffing firms I’ve worked for in my 15 years in the industry. Have been given the opportunity to visit other offices, participate in revenue sharing immediately, and have been made to feel a welcome member of the team.

Cons

Have yet to discover any disadvantages of working for this company; it's nice that everybody works really hard and efficiently and gets paid well for it.

5. I love my job!! I could not have picked a better company and team to work with!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, team environment. We care about our clients and candidates equally. Our business is long-term focused. The money is great. You have to work and be dedicated to be a top performer and it is totally worth it. The company takes care of good employees. Fast paced, the days go by quickly. Fun! Great benefits and extras.

Cons

It is hard to be away from the office for longer than a day or two if you are a top performer. The work is never done.

Keep doing what you are doing. Senior leadership is amazing. I truly feel appreciated and valued.

6. Excellent place to work

I have been working at Parker & Lynch

Pros

I have worked for the company for over 10 years and stay because of the people I work with. Great culture, people and a firm that prides itself on operating with the highest level of integrity and ethics.

Cons

If you want to be a top earner, you must put in lots of time and energy.

Keep upgrading IT to be ahead of our competition.

7. Yes

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Wichita Falls, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Wichita Falls, TX

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company. earning potential is good

Cons

Nothing negative at this time

8. Highly respected firm within the industry

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Parker & Lynch offers resources of a national firm but operates each office as an individual company. The people are great and in addition to feeling like you give back to your community, you are able to earn a substantial level of income. The name is respected, people are fantastic, hours are flexible, you are paid for your hard work. Tell me of another company that gives away BMW's to their top producers!

Cons

It does take a good 12 months to really see the earning potential...not for those with weak work ethic

Advertise, you're like a hidden gem for motivated millennials .

9. Good Job, To Start Out Your Career

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Job to start out your career, and you can make great money within a short amount of time.

Cons

Company is not growing in general, its just replacing employees that leave and managers tend to get money hungry and take on a larger team than they're able to take care of. If you're okay with compensation growth and no professional growth, this is the place for you.

10. There's no company I'd rather work for, I feel proud to work for Parker + Lynch!

I have been working at Parker & Lynch

Pros

Beat company to work for/with in the Twin Cities!!! I love P+L for it's amazing corporate culture (my teammates are like family and I love coming to work every day!), responsible and thoughtful leadership, the flexibility, and incredible pay & benefits. Throughout the 9 years I've been here it's never felt like work.

Cons

There aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Bob Crouch (CEO) and John Marshal (President) - you are truly an inspiration and the Minneapolis team appreciates everything you do for this company. Keep up the good work!! #bestplacetowork

Environment of dishonesty from management and discrimination is rampant.

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is potential to make good money. But they will bring you in as a temp at first and your commissions will be cut significantly because your not on 100% commission. The other recruiters are good people and try hard despite managements ineptness. They are not a major player in the Northwest so if you are mediocre you can be celebrated as a big fish.

Cons

Management will lie to you in the interview. State your first year potential is $70K+. But the reality is based on their structure, it is almost impossible to get there. They only pay commission one time a month and it is after their client pays. They don’t list the terms when you recruit for clients so you don’t know whether the client has 30 day terms or 90 day terms. A realistic picture is you close a couple deals after converting to a permanent employee and earn your 40% commission. But the client will have 60 day terms which means you wont see that money for close to 3 months. So after conversion you are a minimum of 3 months away from any commission checks and you must close deals quick because your draw starts immediately despite their delay in paying commissions.
    Additionally, discrimination is rampant. I heard on multiple occasions from members of management that “we discriminate so our clients don’t have to.” They make fun of people with ESL, use candidates as only a source of insider knowledge about companies with no intention of ever placing them and toss anyone over the age of 50 aside as unpeaceable.
    Lastly, business expenses take forever to get repaid. So while you are living on scraps due to their outrageous health care costs, combined with a low draw, and slow commission payment system your boss will sit on an expense report for 2-3 weeks making it take over a month to get back to you.

Stop lying to people on what the first year picture looks like. With the commission structure in place you have to consistenly feed the pipeline for 6 months before you can consistently see commission checks. Stop allowing such blatent discrimenation. Try being supportive. I had two managers and neither ever spent anytime training me. I leanred about forms that had to be used by other recruiters teaching me then taking part of the deal for "helping."