Parking Solutions

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

Parking Solutions Founder & President Aaron Shocket
Aaron Shocket

Great company to work for and grow your career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Parking Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PSI is a great company to work for. They are very family focused and truly care about their employees. I've personally seen many promotions from within during my time with PSI. Benefits and PTO are in line with much larger corporations and work life balance is a top priority.

Cons

The only con would be the growth and fast paced environment and having to wear multiple hats which is pretty common in a company of this size. I personally view this as an opportunity to step up and prove yourself.

Continue with the employee first/customer first attitude and PSI will grow into an industry leader!

Excellent Company to work for!

Current Employee - Valet  in  Jefferson Hills, PA
    Current Employee - Valet in Jefferson Hills, PA

I have been working at Parking Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling,very lenient and fun people to work with. Helps you keep in shape for sure!

Cons

I do not see any cons with this company at all.

Keep doing what you are doing- it's working!

Great Company to Grow Your Career

Current Employee - Operations Management  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Management in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Parking Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Senior leaders are engaged, they visit the field sites and are approachable. Family oriented and employee friendly. Flexible schedules for those that need it. Great growth opportunities, everyone works hard and teamwork is emphasized. Best customers ever!

Cons

Company is growing so there is always something going on. Which is great but everyone Is expected to chip in to make things happen.

Continue to communicate growth strategy/vision to front line employees and supervisors

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Leaves a lot to be desired. Good job if you enjoy unnecessary drama.

Former Employee - Valet  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Valet in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Parking Solutions as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Very easy job if you have a strong work ethic and you can work while in pain. The customers are usually reasonable. They are DEFINITELY not the problem.

Cons

Very limited opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Seriously, there are people who have been employees for several years and they still have the same pay rate. PSI should THANK GOD that there are people in this world who have that still have that view of money.

Their business model is selling (almost) nothing for $10 or $12. Given this, EVERYONE should be making $20 an hour. Plus tips.

Doesn't seem to be a good job to have if you're trying to find a way to work AND have time to go school.

I was told that their culture is professionalism, but they don't actually practice professionalism. On days when your body does not heal or recover as fast as you would like from having done their labor, you will learn this. Ditto if you want a break from your work or a day off. Did I mention that in order to take a day off you have to give two weeks notice?

Supposedly, you only get four points until you're out of a job. But some employees had WAY more points than 4, sometimes 20 or 25 points. I had ONE point when I quit, and I worked seven days a week.

Often, I didn't feel as though I had a "real" job. I felt more like a day laborer than someone with a career. When told this at the awards dinner (yes, I did win an award) managers wanted to deem me "unprofessional". To those managers: Birds of a feather...and you all STILL spelled my name wrong, and I was also chosen by you to "win"!

Moving on...Employees would rather attend to their smartphones than customers. Co-workers have trouble watching their mouths. It was also embarrassing to find out some customers end up waiting an HOUR (yes, ONE HOUR) for their car. I was often asked at the last minute about events, after having worked my regular schedule. Given the back pain I ended up with, it'd be nice if PSI could explain to its new hires how to afford health insurance on $7.95 an hour.

Some of the lots are in bad shape, can't say I felt good or professional about driving someone's car in a lot full of potholes and poorly marked spaces. It's bad enough that they had to go to the hospital to begin with. I tried very hard and frequently to be careful, but even that isn't enough.

Also had issues of managers and supervisors lying on me and creating problems for me I don't want.

I quit this job because I had very great back pain that I did not have when I started.

Be GRATEFUL you have a job that allows you to be as lazy as you are. START paying people more, especially those that train or have been there several years. There is a lot of stupidity to put up with, from people inside AND outside the company. DO a better job of remembering this.

bad management

Former Employee - Site Supervisor  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I worked at Parking Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good work hours on days

Cons

baby's poor employees and will not replace them

treat people right

Non Professional / Leadership knowledge

I worked at Parking Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quality of life (hours of operation for some positions). Ability for front line staff to make money.

Cons

Sr Leadership is inept when dealing with talented people (not home office or owner), Non professional language is used by several department heads 1 mainly and Sr leader in field ops. In stead of relishing in talent there seems to be a fear of it from Sr leadership (again not home office). This creates obstacles with getting buy in and truly allowing others to help the company succeed.

Be careful who you trust. Having a person in the field that operates with a "savior" complex rather a true people/business leader. Has tendencies to be very detrimental to the success of an area or the company. This also allows for things to be hidden from people.

Great Internship experience

Former Employee - Marketing Internship  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing Internship in Columbus, OH

I worked at Parking Solutions as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The staff is really friendly and they care about their work.

Cons

The work can be a little mundane at times.

Easy job but minimal pay.

Current Employee - Valet  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Valet in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Parking Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Outdoors, laid back and casual.

Cons

Not paid enough and tips only sometimes make up for being under minimum wage.

Should at least pay employees minimum wage.

I have worked for temp services that treated their employees better.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Parking Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy work, direct depoists made on time to your account.

Cons

Promises in raises and benefits not kept. Constantly begged to work other jobs. The manager would say you would get OT, then they would reduce your hours afterwards, No raises, no benefits (even promised 401k at part-time). Lying is part of their business plan. Use this company as a stepping stone for a better job. If not, they will use you.

Eventually your dishonest business practices with your employees will catch up to you,. Since this is a privately owned company all the management actions are the result of bad people running this company to the ground right up to the top.

Okay valet company to work for

Current Employee - Valet  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Valet in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Parking Solutions as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Interaction with customers is a plus and fun

Cons

Advancement opportunities are limited obviously

Move guys around more and listen to them

Worked for Parking Solutions? Contribute to the Community!