Parkland College

www.parkland.edu

Parkland College Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great college to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was given a great deal of freedom to structure my course as I saw fit. There were ample opportunities for professional development, and the department paid my time on some of them.

ConsSometimes I was given only a few days' notice before the start of the semester whether or not I'd be teaching.

Fantastic, but want more

Peer Tutor (Current Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsGetting to help a diverse set of people with an equally diverse set of questions. Working with all sorts of people helps break some cultural barriers, as everyone needs help with math. VERY flexible hours.

ConsTraining takes a semester, counts as a 1 hour class. Minimum wage for specialized work felt a bit of a hit to the gut, but making money is good nevertheless.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the wages for the tutors. Value them.

I love Parkland!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, Company culture and opportunities for educational advancement.

ConsAgeism, favoritism, some people work under different standards than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat eveyrone equally.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent programs but haphazard administration

Instructor (Former Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsParkland has some excellent programs and many serious, ambitious students. The facilities and technology are updated, and instructors have a good bit of freedom to run courses as they see fit.

ConsThe administration in some of the departments is haphazard and disorganized. There are a lot of expendable adjuncts. I asked twice for my teaching to be reviewed, and the people in my department never got around to doing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStandard procedures for evaluating adjuncts should be enforced.

Good place to work.

Police Officer (Former Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsThe overall work environment is very good.

ConsThe pay could be a little better.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would get both sides of the story before I made a decision.

Worked for Parkland College? Contribute to the Community!