Parkside Lending Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
17 reviews filtered by
3.4
Matthew J. Ostrander

1. My experience working at Parkside has been extremely positive and rewarding.

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Parkside is doing all the right things to continue to thrive in the mortgage business. Parkside has a strong team and makes decisions in a thoughtful and collaborative way. Pros include good leadership, new products and geographic expansion.

Cons

With its recent growth, Parkside needs to make sure it has all the structure in place to support its size, including good processes for bringing on and training new employees and giving them the best opportunity possible to succeed in the organization.

With the continuing efforts to define and refine Parkside's culture and values, make sure to involve employees at all levels of the organization in these discussions.

Unique Opportunity

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Parkside is a fast-paced and exciting environment to work in. The industry is constantly changing and Parkside is always adapting an innovating creative solutions.

Cons

Continuous changes and development to processes in a competitive industry is challenging but it is also an opportunity for growth.

Continue to believe in the employees and push through new challenges with opportunities for career development.

3. Nowhere is perfect, but some companies try to be their best every day, this is one of them.

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Growth, dynamic leadership team, innovative approach, culture, great place to learn and grow your career.

Cons

Growing companies require hard workers, this is a place for those willing to put in the work to be a part of building a successful company.

Continue to focus on culture and employee satisfaction to attract and retain top talent. Communicate objectives and connect contributions to impact toward objectives.

A Financial Services company that cares for employees and customers

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, remote employees, organizationally flat and room for growth

Cons

Growth companies that are evolving are not for everyone

6. This is an incredible, caring and innovating company that is exciting to work for. Their reputation and track record i

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have a great work life balance, benefits, base pay, bonus and promotion opportunities. regular reviews, 2 annual summits and a holiday party that is best in class. they also just rolled out video conference technology and an intranet as well as a new corporate website with tons of information to help their many employees stay connected. They allow you to work remote or at one of their 8 offices located all of the USA. They own their own technology.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. These guys rock!

Please continue to act as you always have: with integrity, caring and honesty. You are fair and intelligent and you have lead us to be one of the best companies in the USA.

7. Best. Place. Ever. Everyone should have an opportunity to join this firm.

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (less than a year)

Pros

team environment, fast-paced, dynamic, lots of growth opportunity and plenty to keep everyone engaged and busy! One of the most collaborative and exciting companies I've worked for. The environment is fast-paced and fun.

Cons

lots of work! it's only a con if you're not hard working

Keep hiring new people with fresh ideas - and keep implementing those ideas. It'll attract the best talent pool.

Worst in the Industry

Current Employee - Operations in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Parkside Lending

Pros

Free Breakfast on Mondays and Lunch on Wednesdays. But that is ALL!

Cons

Everything. Worst Management team in the Industry. They fill your head with the same lies that never come into fruition. Management just sits back and collects a paycheck. They dont work for it. They slave their staff. They have lavish parties for management at the expense of bonuses for employees. I am embarrassed to be part of Parkside Lending. I was there for 3 years and finally quit. I got sick and tired of seeing management skate by and walk over their staff. I WAS NOT FIRED I QUIT!!!!!

Advice to Management- You are the worst in the Industry-. Advise to Owner and CEO- Fire your management team or you will be out of business in a few short years....

It's not you, it's them.

I worked at Parkside Lending full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many co-workers are great, smart people who really care about their work output.

Cons

I advise you document everything while working here - today's darling is tomorrow's scapegoat. Potentially litigious behavior is tolerated from the darlings while they last. Majority of management is painfully unprofessional and even devious in their dealings with staff. While management is clearly skilled, as evidenced by ability to manage up and across, most of them have no apparent interest, or remaining energy to manage the people who look to them as supervisors. I was not fired from this job.

Therapy.

A company that rewards management for climbing over others for personal gain.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Parkside Lending full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you're a manager, get ready to sit back and collect your paycheck. All you need to get ahead are: Be a yes-man, know how to place blame on others and be very vague about what it is you actually do.

Cons

If you're not in a management position, sorry. Get out while you still can. There are numerous cases of harassment, discrimination and wrongful write-ups that will never get resolved because the HR at this company barely exists. Senior employees who have stuck it out with this company for many years will never have the chance to move up because the revolving-door of managers are very secretive and paranoid about their own sweet-seats. The pay will never be worth it because the understaffing (to save budget) causes everyone to be over-worked until they quit and get replaced by another expendable body.

This company needs to take a long, hard look at their internal affairs if they ever want to be successful. Massive layoffs every few years is not the answer to balancing the books, especially not when items such as high-expense events for management are still in the budget. My suggestion is to really listen to your staff, stop building layers of management and reward those who have shown real dedication and good work ethic. If you build a staff and work to gain their trust, you won't have such a huge problem with over-worked staff. Remember, happy employees means a successful business.

HORRIBLE!

I worked at Parkside Lending full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Mid to upper management lacks respect for staff.