Parkside Lending Reviews

Reset
Matthew J. Ostrander

My new dream job

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time

Pros

I love working at Parkside. My experience has been nothing but positive. I enjoy the people and culture, agree with the goals and direction of the company and love my current role. Honestly have to say, this is my dream job.

Cons

I really do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus on culture and growth. I have a lot of respect for what you've done and where you plan to go. I am sincerely excited to help you get there.

Not too impressed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time

Pros

Very casual place, run like a college dorm, most staff in '20s and '30s

Cons

Beware that their hiring process seems quite goofy, terrible follow through and hard to figure out their dedication to the task at hand.

Advice to Management

Air conditioning and drop ceilings, it's a miserably hot office.

Terrible, Terrible Terrible

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

Pros

None. This Company is Terrible. I am embarrassed to call Parkside Lending My Employer. I will be at another Company VERY SOON

Cons

One Word.. Integrity. This Company has ZERO. Management will tell you its a Shiny Diamond Ring but in reality its a Disgusting TURD. Its pretty bad when the CEO has to get management to respond to Glassdoor with Positive reviews. Anyone who is associated with Parkside Lending eventually RUNS away fast. VERY FAST

Advice to Management

The Problem with Parkside Lending is YOUR MANAGEMENT!! In order for a company to succeed than you need Integrity first and foremost. That is why you will eventually FAIL!!!!!!

Underwriter

Current Employee - Underwriter in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dress code very casual. Most of the co-workers were nice to work with despite the challenging environment. Nice Christmas party.

Cons

Notice the positive reviews bunched together. These were written at the behest of the CEO to counteract the number of negative reviews that told the truth about working for Parkside Lending. Apparently, the true reviews are impacting their ability to recruit top people. This company will suck the life out of you--it's that demoralizing.

Advice to Management

You really do need to take a look at your management team. Your company could be doing so much better with top quality people.

Parkside Lending Response

Aug 31, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We welcome it, take it seriously, and are committed to continuously improving. As we grow rapidly, it’s an exciting time, but it also comes with growing pains ... More

Great CEO horrid Exec Management team

Pros

The CEO is a bright, smart man. He is approachable and truly wants his organization to be a team.

Cons

Senior Management is a disaster. It is a cut throat group of execs where everyone is covering their butts. The senior level executives would as easily throw you under a bus as they would order out for lunch. Their main goal is to protect their cushy jobs and big vacation breaks. The only real goal is to make sure you look good to the owner.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to wake up and realize that his own top managment is his problem. The company as a whole are a very good , hard working group of people, they are consistently taken advantage of and belittled by the Senior level management. Have you noticed you cannot keep any good people? Why do they all leave in such a short time??

No Values. Horrible Management. DISHONEST

Pros

they have Breakfast on Monday

Cons

Worst management team I have ever worked for. An absolute JOKE They have no values and will absolutely lie right to your face. An example, They fired their best Funder because her had to leave in an emergency to drop a car seat off so his son could get to school.... Great Job Team. It is interesting to see below, management leaving positive reviews to give dishonest information to perspective employees. Interesting how good reviews were given the same day.... Hmmmmm... Great Job Parkside. Another feather in you Dishonesty cap. Don't Agree, See for yourself. I warned you. They will tell you they are a Lamborgini, But when you buy, It is a Ford Pinto. A dirt reputation and 100% earned!

Advice to Management

Complete House Cleanout. Your only as good as your weakest link. That is upper management

Employee

Former Employee - Recent Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Recent Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

People. The company events are nice. Flying everyone from everywhere so we can meet each other 3 times a year is a plus. Being able to have remote status is good.

Cons

Training is never long enough. Remote employees fly out for a week to train on mortgage. Each company is different. Their products are different. One week is too short to learn it all and processes. And wow all of a sudden Parkside has all these reviews. All in the same month?

Advice to Management

Spend more time training new hires. We need more than a week. Most companies in Mortgage do atleast 2-3 weeks even a month.

My experience working at Parkside has been extremely positive and rewarding.

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Parkside is doing all the right things to continue to thrive in the mortgage business. Parkside has a strong team and makes decisions in a thoughtful and collaborative way. Pros include good leadership, new products and geographic expansion.

Cons

With its recent growth, Parkside needs to make sure it has all the structure in place to support its size, including good processes for bringing on and training new employees and giving them the best opportunity possible to succeed in the organization.

Advice to Management

With the continuing efforts to define and refine Parkside's culture and values, make sure to involve employees at all levels of the organization in these discussions.

Unique Opportunity

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Parkside is a fast-paced and exciting environment to work in. The industry is constantly changing and Parkside is always adapting an innovating creative solutions.

Cons

Continuous changes and development to processes in a competitive industry is challenging but it is also an opportunity for growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe in the employees and push through new challenges with opportunities for career development.

11. Nowhere is perfect, but some companies try to be their best every day, this is one of them.

I have been working at Parkside Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth, dynamic leadership team, innovative approach, culture, great place to learn and grow your career.

Cons

Growing companies require hard workers, this is a place for those willing to put in the work to be a part of building a successful company.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on culture and employee satisfaction to attract and retain top talent. Communicate objectives and connect contributions to impact toward objectives.

RSS Feed </> Embed