Parkson Corporation

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Shamus Hurley

Good place to work. Most people are quality oriented.

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Parkson Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOpportunity for advancement
Good pay
Good benifits
Good people

ConsPolitics can get to be a hassle
Some upper management has gotten stale

Good company but careful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Parkson Corporation for more than 3 years

ProsGood company culture, competitive compensation package

ConsOwner has habit of changing leadership about every three years which sets about employee changes with new leadership strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe cautious sacrificing long term plans for short term success

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Values. Shaky Future.

Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Parkson Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery family oriented business that treats its employees very ethically and fairly.

ConsLimited or inconsistent chance for advancement where more responsibility is not always rewarded. Lots of personnel turnover in the past few years - most with little positive effect.
The biggest challenge is that the company's technology portfolio doesn't really offer a clear future for the company or its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to expand its technologies to create more opportunities for its future and that of its employees. The company also needs to be more consistent in accepting and following through on the bringing new ideas into the company.

Project Engineering/Management

I have been working at Parkson Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsConsistent work and many opportunities to enhance your skills. Collaborative engineering enviroment for the various product lines and systems.

ConsIncreased resposibilties without additional compensation. Bonus structure to complex to every be awarded. Sales representatives need more buy in when selling non-standard or over promised equipment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore attention needs to be addressed to salaries for people that have excepted more responsibility. Bring current employees to level that new hires are offered for the same job.

Good place to start a career, and continue it as well

Project Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Parkson Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy people to work with. Management willing to give you more responsibility.

ConsFrequent downsizings leads to a split of older generation veterans and young and inexperienced employees. No middle ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore knowledge transfer

Project Engineer

I have been working at Parkson Corporation full-time

ProsGreat work atmosphere, product leader

ConsBusiness currently slow, expected to grow

Hire and fire employees from entry-level engineers upto the CEO!

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Parkson Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsGood product line and competitive for a mid-sized company in the water/wastewater treatment industry. Good customer service and experienced field service personnel and great Reps. Good compensation.

ConsVery low employee retention - about 1 to 2yrs on an average for new hires between 2009 and 2012. Several older employers also were laid-off in the recent 5 yrs, which keeps everyone else on the edge not knowing what the next move by the Management be. If any, there are very few active patents for the products and technology owned by the Company. Research & Development (R&D) is key to sustainable growth and new process/equipment development at such a company. However, R&D is headed by personnel with undergraduate degrees but several years of experience in doing what they do. And so are most of the Managers of engineering teams. Industrial sales are only a small percentage of the overall and the Company has not seen any significant profitable growth in this sector and new ventures pursued in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPatents, new technology and significant upgrades to existing product line would be key to sustainable growth for this Company. And personnel driving these initiatives should be experienced but also academically qualified. A dedicated and qualified research team (with PhDs), adding budget to your R&D work, partnering with local Universities for research can all help improve your products and innovate to gain a strong foothold in this industry.

Very friendly environment, nice coworkers and professionals

Aftermarket Representative (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Parkson Corporation as an intern for less than a year

ProsCoworkers are very nice, helpful, and friendly. They are always willing to teach you and motivate you to ask questions. Management is very well respected and they also treat you as equals. They have plenty of activities to make it fun.

ConsI didn't really find anything negative about company

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any advice to share.

Great Company, enjoy working for them.

Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee)
Aurora, IL

I have been working at Parkson Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe division I work in is doing well in spite of the economy. Other divisions should do well when the economy turns around.

ConsWould like a better retirement package, but cutting out pensions in the private sector is the norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent upper management is headed in the right direction.

excellent

I have been working at Parkson Corporation

Prosgood people to work with and an excellent atmosphere. the place has alot to offer as far as potential growth and promotion.

Consin some ways the outline of duties is somewhat vague. it would be better to have more deadline dates and a structured view of what the potential is that they intend for you to become within the company to strive for.

Advice to Senior Managementspecific promotion intentions to individuals to maintain motivation. maintain crosstraining as well. it helps keep the job interest higher than most.

Worked for Parkson Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parkson Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Parkson Corporation CEO Shamus Hurley . All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Parkson Corporation employees.