Parkview Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Packnett

Great Honest Company

ProsGreat Honest Company that loves their employees! Good work/life balance and very good with family life

ConsCannot think of anything really. Honestly they are a hardworking company that loves their employees.

Overall excellent

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent organization. Focus is on quality and the community. Decent benefit package despite lackluster healthcare benefits. Best organization I have ever worked for in healthcare.

ConsOrganizational silos still exist. Some are more concerned with themselves versus moving the organization forward. Emphasis needs to be on removing the silos.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to remove those in power who are hindering the organization from moving forward. Not addressing those who need to move on causes disengagement and loss of momentum towards organizational advancement not to mention employees.

great employer

ProsParkview cares a lot about their employees and the community and the CEO is an amazing person. Good benefits.

ConsNot much to say here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

For the area, best hospital to work for.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsFlexible hours, multiple positions for either lateral movement or advancement, willing to train in almost any specialty or certification for RN's

ConsPoor sick time and holiday policy, average health insurance policy, parking for employees (at main hospital) is very limited, no incentives in pay for higher degrees/certifications, low staff levels for high patient to RN ratio

Advice to Senior Managementincrease or improve the health benefits, have a better holiday policy, and have pay differences for education

Poor management

Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsYou will learn to deal with very bad management.

ConsFloor staff do not feel valued or respected. Management demands we provide excellent care to our patients (which is a good thing) but don't give us the resources or autonomy to do so. The relationship between staff and management in the building I work in is very poor. staff morale is low, staff dissatisfaction is high. The demands on the floor staff are sometimes unrealistic and borderline dangerous. Nurses are given up to 15 patients each at times and forced to work up to 16 hours in a row.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Treat them in the same manner that you would have liked to have been treated when you were a member of the floor staff.

Run away as fast as you can

ProsNothing I can think of

ConsHorrible working conditions, their employee insurance is a racket, guilty of continued wage theft.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to value the people who do the work more than you value management

Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsParkview is a friendly, open environment. If you're looking to get involved with committees or education, then you will find those opportunities here. There is a core group of determined, dedicated nurses who work hard and do some wonderful things to promote quality care and evidence based practice.

ConsThe pay and staffing ratios, while comparable with other hospitals in Fort Wayne, are not competitive. 4:1 ratios are found in step down and oncology areas with med-surg floors seeing 5 and 6:1. Efficiency of care and "customer service" are valued more than quality care. Pay starts at 19.75 for RNs. Yep, it's that low. Most nurses I know, even charge nurses, make less than 25/hr.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in quality nursing care. Hire more patient care techs. Our flagship hospital is often compared to a hotel, and honestly, as a nurse, I often feel that it's being run like one.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood training, clear expectations, interesting job

ConsIt was a boring job, low pay, you were responsible for a lot of data, but got paid the least

Too short of time working there

EPIC Data Entry Spec (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsGreat benefits and working conditions

ConsHard to transfer into other departments

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider interviewing current employees for positions

Good upper management, struggling middle management

Medical Director (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsGreat market position, decent benefits, good strategic plan

ConsTends to hire from within with a middle management team that is not well-developed. Salaries for physician leaders are not competitive on a national level

Advice to Senior ManagementBring fresh, new ideas into the organization with well-place strategic hires and be prepared to pay for talent, especially for top-notch physician leaders

Worked for Parkview Health? Contribute to the Community!