Parkwood Behavioral Health Reviews

Registered nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Olive Branch, MS
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Olive Branch, MS

I have been working at Parkwood Behavioral Health

Pros

Small facility with a family like atmosphere. Usually try to grant your time off. Casual attire.

Cons

Remember though that every family can have "black sheep" and if you become one of them you will be pecked to death. The salary is really low and the hmo benefits for a family cost nearly 600 a month.

Stop keeping people in management that are not actually doing anything but repetitive reports. Also, senior management needs to check their underlings more closely so that favors are not being provided to a select few while the rest suffer.

There is an arrogance and greed among managment that is almost incomprehensible to me.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Olive Branch, MS
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Olive Branch, MS

I have been working at Parkwood Behavioral Health

Pros

My immediate co-workers. There is a core staff of nurses, mental health techs, therapists and other direct patient care workers who are incredibly compassionate, hard-working, and respectful of their patients and co-workers. And it is fairly easy to get off work when necessary.

Cons

It is a horribly profit-driven place, with little consideration given to either the patients or the staff. Staff members are expected to carry an impossible workload with no appreciation shown for the trememdous amount of effort put in. And if anything goes wrong, which it often does under those conditions, management is quick to look for a scapegoat as they continue to line their own pockets. Also, I am the lowest paid nurse I know!

Do my job for a week. Do a mental health tech's job for a week. Get down in the trenches and off your high horses. And get to know some of those patients who are nothing but dollar signs to you. You might even start to care about them.

Worked for Parkwood Behavioral Health? Contribute to the Community!