Parkwood Behavioral Health

Parkwood Behavioral Health Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Registered nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Olive Branch, MS

ProsSmall facility with a family like atmosphere. Usually try to grant your time off. Casual attire.

ConsRemember though that every family can have "black sheep" and if you become one of them you will be pecked to death. The salary is really low and the hmo benefits for a family cost nearly 600 a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop keeping people in management that are not actually doing anything but repetitive reports. Also, senior management needs to check their underlings more closely so that favors are not being provided to a select few while the rest suffer.

There is an arrogance and greed among managment that is almost incomprehensible to me.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Olive Branch, MS

ProsMy immediate co-workers. There is a core staff of nurses, mental health techs, therapists and other direct patient care workers who are incredibly compassionate, hard-working, and respectful of their patients and co-workers. And it is fairly easy to get off work when necessary.

ConsIt is a horribly profit-driven place, with little consideration given to either the patients or the staff. Staff members are expected to carry an impossible workload with no appreciation shown for the trememdous amount of effort put in. And if anything goes wrong, which it often does under those conditions, management is quick to look for a scapegoat as they continue to line their own pockets. Also, I am the lowest paid nurse I know!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo my job for a week. Do a mental health tech's job for a week. Get down in the trenches and off your high horses. And get to know some of those patients who are nothing but dollar signs to you. You might even start to care about them.

Worked for Parkwood Behavioral Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parkwood Behavioral Health reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Parkwood Behavioral Health employees.